• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

That's some quality trolling, Ubi
iQECKMlW3tl1S.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
breakout is the second edna and harvey game correct?

jonno394

Ooh, Deponia is calling out to me. Loved the demo, beautiful game.

edit - @Hinomura I can't find the original post but thanks for Dust :)

Benedict

You can copy your library to your external to bypass needing to download everything again, but it's going to be a little inelegant:

- On your external, create a "games" folder and within it create a "steamapps" folder
- Copy your Steam\steamapps\common folder into the steamapps folder you just created
- When using Steam on another system with your external plugged in, click Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder and select the "games" folder on your external
- Install any games you wish; provided the installations that you copied to your external are up-to-date, Steam should simply discover the existing data and not actually download anything

And if I already have a steamlibrary at: O:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common that I use on my stationary, I only add that library in my Steam-account on my laptop after I connect my USB-HDD?

Remember now that I only have USB2 on my laptop. that might be a problem...

nexen

Earugh. Adventure games. I love them but I have so goddamned many I haven't touched already. And when I do play them I get stuck on some puzzle and forget about it for like 6 months.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And if I already have a steamlibrary at: O:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common that I use on my stationary, I only add that library in my Steam-account on my laptop after I connect my USB-HDD?

Remember now that I only have USB2 on my laptop. that might be a problem...

Yeah, just be sure to select SteamLibrary as the library folder.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-5A14F4E87BA53120 - Taken by Fuu. 10 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-5726EB3F05456416 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.

t1392924359z1.png

and as said above, the book of unwritten tales is quality!

Earugh. Adventure games. I love them but I have so goddamned many I haven't touched already. And when I do play them I get stuck on some puzzle and forget about it for like 6 months.
Play Book of Unwritten Tales then. Fantastic game and I don't see how you could get stuck on the puzzles either.

Vecks

Humble Adventure Company & Friends bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Dead Reefs (Not steam)
  • Mystery Series: A Vampire Tale (Not steam)
  • Safecracker
  • Aura
TIER 2: 6$
  • Dark Fall
  • Dark Fall 2
  • Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Book of Unwritten Tales: Critter Chronicles
  • Jack Keane 2
  • Deponia
  • Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
TIER 3: 15$
  • The Raven

Bought. What a great way to advertise the kickstarter for Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Banished is the top seller :O I thouight it was up in top 5 but not first, damn

Colin.

50% discount on a current Call of Duty title, I guess it must be selling like shit. That level of discount would normally only happen with previous entries in the series. And it's already been said, but 30 fucking gb?! I've seen the gameplay previously, and I really can't see why the game is so big. Not sure if it's even worth taking up all that space for, even for free.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Banished is the top seller :O I thouight it was up in top 5 but not first, damn

It was #1 earlier but it's impressive that it is back up there. How did that happen? Did I just miss a lot about this game before release? I understand why Rust was so big even if it caught me by surprise, but the very first I ever heard about Banished was when I saw it as the #1 seller on Steam.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thanks for Depoina, The_Super_Inframan! It was the only game in the Weekly HB that I know I'll play in the short term.

Aitor

Need to give back.
Have fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-DF58F46C70288CBE - Taken by Myshkin
Giana Sisters -- MB-38A76BFEE300233C - Taken by killatopak
Bleed -- MB-445CE5F49EB7CC70 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Lunar Flight -- MB-7590FDE8A6BF962B - Taken by topyy
Bridge It (Plus) -- MB-7B6AB7AB7EFBC0CF - Taken by Nabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom