• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

It was #1 earlier but it's impressive that it is back up there. How did that happen? Did I just miss a lot about this game before release? I understand why Rust was so big even if it caught me by surprise, but the very first I ever heard about Banished was when I saw it as the #1 seller on Steam.

PC gamers are always pining for great strategy games, Banished looks like it is a great example.

nexen

PC gamers are always pining for great strategy games, Banished looks like it is a great example.

I'm not. I'm pining for a good Jedi FPS. Or a new Mechwarrior.

Hey - anyone ever seen this: exactly one of my cards refuses to sell. Either through the client or enhanced steam.
Steam is telling me that either I no longer have this card or I'm not allowed to sell it.

Yet I sold a bunch of other cards just fine after it told me that and in the same session. Just that one card isn't going.

edit: oh wait, I'm also pining for a new Star Control. Stardock better not fail me.

Arthea

steam is dying on me, store doesn't load at all anymore.
notagain.gif

can someone post that site "is steam down again, I'll bookmark it this time

It is a sign, don't buy CoD:Ghosts!

I was not going to buy it! just play for free this weekend
and was saved even from that by very helpful steamgafers!

FloatOn

Sacred 3 lives
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247950/?snr=1_4_4__105_2

header_292x136.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
I've never played or even seen might and magic 5/6 and am looking for single player turn based games for my low spec laptop. Would these fit the bill?

Turfster

Something called Tom Clancy Daily is in the registry. It has the pic of Blacklist. I hope it doesn't stop at Splinter Cell.
See? I told you people! I told you!
(It would probably have been a Splinter Cell daily if they did limit it, altho on the other hand, this being Ubi, who the fuck knows ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some incredible bundles today

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-C3BE31E9773C68B0 - Taken by KenOD
Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure -- MB-FF4EAF2ED8242C36 - Taken by Mavromatis
Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-B4A0A21BBF97F53E - Taken by nightstorm

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It does look pretty good but I just hadn't seen any pre-release coverage at all. I can't figure out how it went from unknown to #1 seller on release day at full price. If I just missed beta hype or something it would be a lot more understandable than everybody just randomly deciding to buy this game at the same time.

Lain

Managed to pass 1000 games with the latest Humble Weekly and there is no better way to celebrate than with a raffle with some games.
Keys should all be unused, but if they aren't I'm really sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-FE8F0FBF385D3F7E - Taken by sprinkles. 13 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-381C47F12DED208A - Taken by jonno394. 10 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-2B24DBA8A4602729 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
X-Com (maybe Enemy Unknown, not sure) -- MB-0B76766E1BF0D672 - Taken by sapsari. 37 entrants total.
Men of War : Red Tide -- MB-22DA407FA50E9FB3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Jamestown -- MB-795B37F1D2CAB367 - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
Civilization V -- MB-F125F4CA7AC82DEA - Taken by zeroOman. 5 entrants total.
F.3.A.R. -- MB-D873EF1B252FA1A2 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 9 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection -- MB-B34BA9D34AB189F6 - Taken by Dice. 11 entrants total.
Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-6C7EE4C17D6AB0A8 - Taken by stonedwal. 6 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II -- MB-CD0AD36246B1766D - Taken by mannerbot. 7 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-E976BF5D90087A72 - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-292BC6843718912B - Taken by Scipius. 35 entrants total.
Sword & Soldiers HD -- MB-2AFD52F811309975 - Taken by ZeroXZee. 7 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-E84D5D98B6021D99 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 8 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-6755B951E5A215DB - Taken by roboshawn. 9 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-65E0ABE1056DA613 - Taken by trailmix16. 17 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-4DF76734A488E52B - Taken by EdmondD. 20 entrants total.
Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress -- MB-7F14DD048C9C80AB - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 11 entrants total.
Kings Bounty : The Legend -- MB-466D4412A64C09DA - Taken by Reg. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-7294C0B6576CF5D1 - Taken by Kiru. 9 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-DB6AC1BA4E08DD7A - Taken by AsylumX. 16 entrants total.
Naval War: Arctic Circle -- MB-7A624042816D3E53 - Taken by Myshkin. 5 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-E0E8A86C157C06F6 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 5 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-4C63B4B70657A39F - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A19D2D860788EE10 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 7 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-37DD8BCB29B0362D - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-70CE6591FCAF7301 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-B360931CFA03D9D6 - Taken by Evrain. 4 entrants total.
S.P.A.Z. -- MB-B415B17F6ACF17DF
Two Worlds II -- MB-8F66D0D82DF24118 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 12 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-877341BB2E154EF0 - Taken by Vandrar. 8 entrants total.
Vessel -- MB-43F7047AA763E636 - Taken by Arthea. 6 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-0633D731788D22A3 - Taken by GaussTek. 8 entrants total.
Kings Bounty : Armored Princess -- MB-C3B0F78B55461CC7 - Taken by killatopak. 6 entrants total.
Shadows: Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-A6E8469F20F503A7 - Taken by Mavromatis. 6 entrants total.

t1392936869z1.png

Arthea

I've never played or even seen might and magic 5/6 and am looking for single player turn based games for my low spec laptop. Would these fit the bill?

how low spec we are talking? because if you really mean low, not gaf standards low than no for 6, could run 5 most likely, if gaf low then both.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got Interstellar Marines for $1 and is gonna buy Trials Evolution Gold for -75% on Steam later.

What have you done to me GAF?

Get used to it. :)

As best I can tell, this trend doesn't really slow down until you own over half of everything on Steam.

Also, if you haven't already, I'd suggest the Enhanced Steam extension. Makes things really handy for finding the best prices on games you want. Since you're new to the world of Steam, I'd suggest paying attention to the historically low prices it displays. How low something has gone in the past is usually a good indication of how low it can go again.

unless you're really wanting to play the newer games, you should try and get 3 off of GOG instead (although it's not on sale right now but just saying you should save your money)

The_Monk

These past days there were amazing bundles for a very low price. Not only many games but also, good ones. It's coming to a point to me, that, it's not even a matter of spending or saving 1€/$ but if I even want to add more titles to my Backlog collection.

While I'm having great fun cleaning my collection, if I add say 3 games and I'm playing one that takes me about 20-30 hours to finish it then it's indeed the never ending Backlog. I like to have at least one side console as a companion to PC. It's not a must but depending on your tastes it's a nice extra to have. The better part is, unless you want to play with every single option maxed out, you really don't need a high end PC to play the equivalent of PS360 titles but with a better look and on 60 FPS.

And March has not even started... It's crazy! I must admit, it's good that I've become much better at budgeting but even if money wasn't a issue, time will always be. Either way, at this point there's always something for someone no matter how different your taste is or how big or small your wallet is.

Deques

Managed to pass 1000 games with the latest Humble Weekly and there is no better way to celebrate than with a raffle with some games.

congratulation. me myself just passed 900 games. got no games to give away though

Pachimari

Get used to it. :)

As best I can tell, this trend doesn't really slow down until you own over half of everything on Steam.

Also, if you haven't already, I'd suggest the Enhanced Steam extension. Makes things really handy for finding the best prices on games you want. Since you're new to the world of Steam, I'd suggest paying attention to the historically low prices it displays. How low something has gone in the past is usually a good indication of how low it can go again.

Yeah, I'm gonna install Enhanced Steam when I build my new rig. :)

jonno394

Amazing raffle, no idea how you gusy amass so many extra keys but i'm not complaining ;)

SO glad I bought LEGO Marvel on the cheap last week, loving this game. Playing it in bursts between Witcher 2 sessions, it's a nice contrast

HoosTrax

Um back when I first played Heroes V, I was rocking a Core 2 Duo as I recall. In the later campaign maps, each AI turn would take upwards of a minute (each) to take their turn. It got almost unbearable to take a few seconds to do your turns, then spend ages waiting for the AI.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they'll put up the preorder for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z soon, if I can get that for a good price I'd be very tempted to give it a go.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks! I shall use it to attempt progressing my climb to 500. I particularly hope I win Two Worlds II, Deadly Premonition, or Ravensword.

residentevil.net reminds me of early dial-up era.
You mean the design or the speed? I bet it's much faster in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom