• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Gold Member
I really like the mobile version but 14€ is a lot :/

Orion was really terrible when it was released but it looks like they heavily updated it. Maybe I buy it with card money lol

fvwRC3s.jpg

I'm getting there, slowly but surely. Not letting myself buy a new game (no matter the price) until i finish at least 2-3 games. So far, I've finished Thomas was alone, Sound Shapes, Brothers, and im almost done with Final Fantasy 3. It's happening!

Tellaerin

...it looks like a UT3 mod, something in early beta. As a free mod, it wouldn't be awful. As a full, standalone product, though? Yeesh.

but the game count wont increase if you dont buy it

If I wanted to do that, a bundle would be a more efficient use of my dollar. Or I could buy a $0.99 packet of tea biscuits. Mmm, tea biscuits. :9 I think that might be the way to go.

Damnit humble bundle.. a drawback of those 'click to add to your account' buttons is.. it just adds the game :/

I prefer to add the key to steam and then immediately install what I want installed. Its a pain to have to go look through the game list to find what you added then install manually >.<

#Firstworldproblems right >.>

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syberia I -- MB-B22264DA7AF2DE7F - Taken by Sub Zero
Syberia II -- MB-2297D93E2889289B - Taken by Crentist the Dentist

NotSelf

I had a dream about dark souls last night. I think it's time I finally install and play this game I'm just afraid it will suck away my life the way spelunky has.

PriitV

Guys, when was the last time you bought a game at full price from Steam? None of that 3rd party key sellers or russian copies talk please.

Eternia

Guys, when was the last time you bought a game at full price from Steam? None of that 3rd party key sellers or russian copies talk please.
Probably Endless Space, I desperately wanted to space strategy game at the time. Early impressions from other users (that were more knowledgeable about the genre) were good and I thought it looked great too.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Earlier this week when I preordered Lords Of Shadow 2. I use a mixture of online retailers, steam directly and russian traders :)

okayfrog

Banned

I really don't remember, but I do know that I bought House of the Dead: Overkill at release. It was discounted, but still, that's probably the closest for me for a while.

Khronico

I just checked my purchases and I have NEVER bought a game at full price. The first steam game I got was Mount and Blade (the original) and even that was half off.

JakeD

trying to look up the last game i paid full price for, it made me realize that of my 750 games, i think about 600 are from "retail" as opposed to the steam store

masterkajo

A while back there was this deal on Dark Souls 2 PC on simplycdkeys.com for about €25. I bought it. Just now I got an email to verify my account before any purchase can be completed. To verify I have to upload a scan of either my driving license or my passport to their website. Anyone got anything similar?

got this already posted?

http://groupees.com/bagb5

Build a Greenlight Bundle 5

starts in 10 hours

day of the bundles continues!
Hm. I'm only interested in Paper Dungeons out of those 8 games...

Come on SteamGAF, I can't be the only one hype for this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nQ3K-1bIg
I'm waiting for reviews to pop up. I think it looks goofy and fun.

BlazBlue a week ago. A week before that, Jazzpunk.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll occasionally buy a game on Steam at full price under one of these conditions:

• I know I'll be playing it immediately, forsaking my backlog. The last two have been Final Fantasy VIII (worth it!) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (not at all worth it!)
  • There is a risk it'll be removed from Steam before it goes on sale. Things like Motor Rock.
  • I'm buying the game as a gift for one of my children. My daughter is a huge Assassin's Creed fan, so I think I've bought her all of those pretty much at release for full price.

Did miss the uproar about call of duty already?

Valve once again removed all the negative user tags. Not even offensive ones but anything that implied the poor quality of the PC port. This combined with the 50% off sale on a call of duty game that is less than a year old. How often does Activision ever offer such a deep discount for CoD games, they are notoriously sale averse.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Metal Gear Rising, because I had to support Platinum and show I want more of their games.

Generally I'll buy a game right away if it's something I want to play as soon as possible, multiplayer will only last a short amount of time (Anarchy Reigns on PS3 for example, so much fun) or it's a matter of "I don't want to be spoiled for the story".
The "developers need this title to do well to survive" also comes up often enough because it really does happen with quite a few companies especially now that more and more indie titles are being put on. I say this as someone who as worked for a company that went out of business due to poor sales in the first four months.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I buy games from Steam full-priced if its just released and something I want to support the developers on, and have the money to do so right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom