• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

What are you smoking dude? Wait, nevermind that's my laptop smoking. . . after playing Dark Souls. Dark Souls is unoptimized as poop. :(

Granted I'm playing in 720p and spending most of the time in the 20fps region and still enjoying it, but to call it very low end is just silly.

It seemed fairly well optimized to me, granted a couple of effects caused some issues.

The game is more CPU-bound though, so if you have a weak laptop CPU then that might be your problem.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was this posted yet?

Typing of the Dead: Overkill + Rome Total War at Greenman Gaming for $5.44 after coupon code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I forgot to mention earlier that last night I had a very weird dream that was based around Anno 1404's subs being primed for a return on the store. I wish I could describe it but my memory of it is so thoroughly fragmented that I wouldn't know where to begin... though I can say that The_Monk blew a horn that was basically a giant Flintstones phone to signal that the game's return was imminent.

Ubi needs to push through the patch already because I'm starting to go crazy.

JustinBB7

What are you smoking dude? Wait, nevermind that's my laptop smoking. . . after playing Dark Souls. Dark Souls is unoptimized as poop. :(

Granted I'm playing in 720p and spending most of the time in the 20fps region and still enjoying it, but to call it very low end is just silly.

Are you using DSfix? It's pretty mandatory. It's a shit port but you don't need much to run it. Though if it's a laptop then maybe yea.

Ezalc

What? Dark Souls is very, very low end. What are your specs?

Is it bad that even though I enjoy pc gaming a lot I never know what the specs for my pc are? I just know that many newer games don't run well on it because my pc is around 7 years old now. Either way, I feel like I have enough games to last me a while before I even get to Dark Souls.

All these sales are really interesting though, wish I could participate more in them.

Was this posted yet?

Typing of the Dead: Overkill + Rome Total War at Greenman Gaming for $5.44 after coupon code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1.

This is not available to me because Germany, but if someone would be able to get that for me from the US, I would be eternally greatful. You can even keep Rome Total War and do whatever you want with it.

EDIT: I can also offer you a game from the Amazon EC list with coupon if you help me out, will pay the rest (or all) with PayPal.

Knurek

I'm so used to play games with shit framerates that it doesn't even bother me anymore, my problem with DS is using a controller I just dont feel confortable using it.

Well, the game supports the only good controller (Dualshock 2) just fine, even has a mod that changes fugly XBox buttons to proper PS ones.
Nothing's stopping you. :)

I forgot to mention earlier that last night I had a very weird dream that was based around Anno 1404's subs being primed for a return on the store. I wish I could describe it but my memory of it is so thoroughly fragmented that I wouldn't know where to begin... though I can say that The_Monk blew a horn that was basically a giant Flintstones phone to signal that the game's return was imminent.

I think you're a little too obsessed with Anno 1404 coming back. xD

It seemed fairly well optimized to me, granted a couple of effects caused some issues.

The game is more CPU-bound though, so if you have a weak laptop CPU then that might be your problem.
I'd assumed that was my issue. Any 3ghz+ CPU with a video card with it's own memory would probably handle it better than my laptop does. Going from Castlevania to Dark Souls was sort of a bucket of cold water, ya know? Dark Souls was the first game I'd thrown at this that I couldn't run 720p 30fps so I was a bit down on it. (But really, I Castlevania is a great port. Metal Gear Rising too)
Are you using DSfix? It's pretty mandatory. It's a shit port but you don't need much to run it. Though if it's a laptop then maybe yea.
DSfix helped me avoid the 15fps ghetto that I was in when I first started the game. I nearly uninstalled the game at that point. I still get dips but at least it's better than it was. I might switch back to the normal res it renders at for a few extra frames though...

The_Monk

Oh, great. Now when it happens I will feel the pressure to fulfill this prophecy. How can I even get such thing?

I do feel that we are getting there... I just know, which gives me time to get ready for the next sale too, which is a good thing! ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, great. Now when it happens I will feel the pressure to fulfill this prophecy. How can I even get such thing?

I do feel that we are getting there... I just know, which gives me time to get ready for the next sale too, which is a good thing! ;)

You must find as many dinosaur fossils as necessary and fashion one. :p

Edit: I'd like to say next week, but I said that last week, so who knows. The patches entered QA three weeks ago now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Good to know about Enslaved, I wasn't even going to use the Amazon promotional credit in the current selection so this last minute addition will be perfect.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Edit: I'd like to say this week, but I said that last week, so who knows. The patches entered QA three weeks ago now.

Didn't you hear?

2yuyzvf.png

:p

Gvaz

Banned
But it makes me feel bad because most of the time I'm not able to gift something back and it takes me ages until I can play all these games and it's worse when they're gifts.

I dont think most of the people mind, as long as you play it.

We all have the same affliction here brothers.

SHIT i bought the retro groupees bundle yesterday for every game that said greenlight but Saturday Morning RPG didnt say it. I am the worst.

Copons

The_Monk, I don't know why but you always show up in Sleeping Dogs' clean drive thingy as the one to beat.

Apparently your clean drive record is 2m 02s.
Now, as I couldn't cleandrive for 2 minutes in real life too, there are two possibilities: either you drive like my grandma or you truly are the zen master you seem to be here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LOL at the price in euros of ESO (on GMG at least), 54.99 haha. get the fuck outta here Bathesda

edit: is it me or is Gaf having troubles tonight?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Traffic from Reddit and 4Chan from yesterday's circus of crazy; residual issues from that + Nintendo's financial stuff today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom