• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Just tweeted one of the heads at Black Tusk to see if we can get Gears of War fixed up. Could use SteamGAF's help to get it off the ground, as always. You can retweet mine, or make your own.

If you have any other suggestions on who to get in touch with, that would be great. We need to also brainstorm ideas on who to Tweetbomb for Halo 2 information.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/428576988672950272

RZ5Znvb.png

Have a thread up as well for GoW, Viva Pinata, and Halo 2 GFWL hope: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759635

And, as always:

Got an extensive amount of media coverage today from Eurogamer, Neoseekers, 4players, and more.

Come join in on the discussion in the thread, sign the petition, and retweet, or make your own, to spread the word.

Hit the 8,000 signatures mark.

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

lebv9d2.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all these new games coming out, any of them were in bundles? I cant keep track :(

all these new games coming out, any of them were in bundles? I cant keep track :(

Saturday Morning RPG was in Groupees Retro Bundle 2 (I fucked up and didnt get this particular game because it didn't say steam greenlight) and was also in Indie Royale Debut 6 i believe.

Hero Siege was in Indie Royale Debut 8 and maybe others I don't know.

The_Monk

The_Monk, I don't know why but you always show up in Sleeping Dogs' clean drive thingy as the one to beat.

Apparently your clean drive record is 2m 02s.
Now, as I couldn't cleandrive for 2 minutes in real life too, there are two possibilities: either you drive like my grandma or you truly are the zen master you seem to be here.

That's nothing, fellow GAFfer bobnowhere has much more time in "clean" driving.

Either way, there's nothing better then getting some Herbal tea for the local shop in Northpoint, get on your car and drive around the town for a bit, at night, while raining and listening to this track in the radio: So goood

As for real life I tend to avoid rush hour because people are really grumpy driving at such hours. :p

Turfster

We're talking about moving these games to Steamworks, yes?

Well... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that a Steamworks transition would mean Steam servers.

Yeah, but the servers have been dead for 3? years now, plus they don't have the license anymore, so...

Grief.exe

Seriously, Grief? No love for Shadowrun?

That game looks awesome, but I don't think it would carry the same weight as the ones mentioned.

Looks like another outlet confused the PC release for Metal Gear Solid

http://www.psu.com/a022314/Metal-Gear-Solid-5-PS4-gets-direct-feed-shots-from-Hideo-Kojima

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is the prequel to the upcoming Phantom Pain, and takes place shortly after the events of MGS: Peace Walker. The game is due for release in March on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

mannerbot

We're talking about moving these games to Steamworks, yes?

Well... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that a Steamworks transition would mean Steam servers.

Game's good but be realistic, it bombed hard on 360 and GFWL and it's not going to be worth their time porting to Steamworks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Saturday Morning RPG was in Groupees Retro Bundle 2 (I fucked up and didnt get this particular game because it didn't say steam greenlight) and was also in Indie Royale Debut 6 i believe.

youre right hero siege is in debut 8. fuck I didnt buy debut 6 or the retro bundle, oh well :(

Copons

That's nothing, fellow GAFfer bobnowhere has much more time in "clean" driving.

Either way, there's nothing better then getting some Herbal tea for the local shop in Northpoint, get on your car and drive around the town for a bit, at night, while raining and listening to this track in the radio: So goood

As for real life I tend to avoid rush hour because people are really grumpy driving at such hours. :p

Yeah, I know, the best """"""""herbal tea"""""""" dealers... sorry, vendors are totally in North Point. :p

Just finished Alan Wake. A resounding 'Meh'. I wanted to like it, I really did. The atmosphere was great and the story had promise, but never really fleshed itself out enough for me. Seemed to get incredibly convoluted near the end.
Mr.Scratches? what in the fuck is that? Why was Zane in a deep sea diving suit? Did Wake die to save Alice?

Two things that really pissed me off. 1) Wake has the endurance of a 95 year old man. Seriously...he gets winded after about 15 feet. 2) The game takes your equipment away about 458 times throughout the course of the game. I guess they didn't want to do upgrades or something and just decided to take things away.

Glad I picked it up through the bundle.

Started up Far Cry 3 today. Any tips I should know?

Was this posted yet?

Typing of the Dead: Overkill + Rome Total War at Greenman Gaming for $5.44 after coupon code Y2OZM7-MJ3VHD-0AVTI1.

just saw this come across. great deal

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That insane rambling dude thought he outed cboat, posted on reddit, gaf dies. It turns out all that was outed was the source of one of his leaks.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759779
Source 2, Tomb Raider 'Definitive' Edition, but mostly Nintendo stuff.
Ahh right, thanks. I skimmed the Source 2 thread sometime yesterday and saw something about cboat's identity + deleted posts, but i didn't know the situation had grown that big and reached other sites.

Kaleinc

Banned
I get it, hell I'm an engineer. I would like to think that if i'm being chased by axe-wielding hellspawn, I'd run a little bit harder and not hopelessly plod along when tapped out.
Not like I doubt your stamina or anything but being on the run for days takes a toll on sprinters.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I fucking love Viva Pinata, such an underrated gem. Extremely addicting.
Would love to see it on Steam without GFWL. And while we're at it, Trouble in Paradise is welcome, too...

Tizoc

Reminder of the giveaway I'm making
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-94B6F63B38513C33
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-8A9A2F723D7B3A98 - Taken by Kiru
AirBuccaneers -- MB-A4A0F0F673EFEC00
Deadlight -- MB-14A92FC3D5E73FC0
Iron Brigade -- MB-6C00F3EC3A759B3D
Zeno Clash -- MB-6BE226A6DE2D0A22
Chaser -- MB-25EC64260FEE6065
Toy Soldiers -- MB-DF9A0CCDF6649C55
Insanely Twister Shadow Planet -- MB-A98FDDEEF82E0AD4

t1391083863z1.png

Aw dangit, Retro Bundle 2 is over? I kept loading that page and thinking of buying that and Pineapple whatsitsname but for whatever reason I'd always put it off to later. That was dumb.

Jawmuncher

GFWL did one good thing for PC gaming though.
It's what pushed the 360 controller as the PC's main controller. No longer the days of controllers with 1, 2, 3, 4 on them and what not.

Also if MS was cool any GFWL purchases would mean a free steam key.
I have Viva Pinata, Shadowrun, and some other titles I bought from the service when they had a winter sale.
Think shadowrun might be asking to much though at this point.

VoidZero

Banned
I get it, hell I'm an engineer. I would like to think that if i'm being chased by axe-wielding hellspawn, I'd run a little bit harder and not hopelessly plod along when tapped out.

That is what I would like to think too, but reality is cruel. The hellspawn will catch you and feast on your heart.

Dr Dogg

Hmmmmm. Just 3 pertinent points.

1). Skilled based matchmaking system that's broken to hell and back.
2). Persistent leaderboards that are easy to hack (plus Steam supports this feature too)
3). The whole 'DRM' section I think they've got the names reversed.

So when's this abomination dying then?

DocSeuss

I liked Insurgency quite a bit back in the day. Great mod. Super team focused, fun maps that are still ingrained in my memory. Really tense fights/health system.

And it would succeed on Steam why? I even like the game and I still wouldn't buy it, the multiplayer will be DOA.

Because PC gamers will buy just about anything, especially if it released at like $15. We're awesome that way.

It just recently came out. So 5 hours isn't too huge. Plus, it has been peaking over 2500+ players a day. It's also $13.49 right now.

I was talking about Rekoil FYI.

Yeah I know you were, that multi-quote was like 24 hours old and didn't release, also Insurgency has been available on early access I think for ages, none of my friends have played for months. I don't know why I'm being so critical of it, it just doesn't look that impressive to me.

Yeah I know you were, that multi-quote was like 24 hours old and didn't release, also Insurgency has been available on early access I think for ages, none of my friends have played for months. I don't know why I'm being so critical of it, it just doesn't look that impressive to me.

Graphically, not very impressive, but the sound work, team-focused and realism-focused combat work very well and in turn makes a very tense and exciting shooter.

Grief.exe

New Experimental Branch has a significant amount of changes

Highlights

• Crafting: FNX45 pistol can be chambered with single round (Don't need to find a magazine anymore)
  • Effects: Magnum/Mosin ejecting shells when reloading
  • Effects: Magnum/Mosin sounds - gunshots, reloading
  • Gear: Improvised courier backpack added
  • Gear: Machete added
  • Gestures: Clapping Gesture added, default F5 key
  • Gestures: Pointing Gesture added, default F6 key
  • Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
  • Spawns: Added SKS rifle, speedloader, ammunition piles and boxes and SKS bayonet into the loot spawns

BfK6FyECcAAJ71A.jpg:large

Full list here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98851879&postcount=4556

FloatOn

Started up Far Cry 3 today. Any tips I should know?

The same advice I give to people playing Saints Row 3 or 4. Do not burn yourself out on side content. I stuck to the story missions, radio towers and enemy camp takeovers only. Even with just doing those activities I was pretty much at max level a little over the midway point of the game.

it's an enjoyable game, just don't allow yourself to get wrapped up in the repetitive activities. it will make you hate life.

The same advice I give to people playing Saints Row 3 or 4. Do not burn yourself out on side content. I stuck to the story missions, radio towers and enemy camp takeovers only. Even with just doing those activities I was pretty much at max level a little over the midway point of the game.

it's an enjoyable game, just don't allow yourself to get wrapped up in the repetitive activities. it will make you hate life.

Same can be said about every Ubisoft game ever, right? haha. I enjoy AssCreed enjoy to wade through most of the side shit. I'd really like to 100% it, but I don't know if i'll have the patience to deal with everything.

Seems enjoyable enough so far!
i just bought a gun...

Levyne

Banned
Started Dark Souls today. DSFixed applied and all. Praise the Sun!

I just met that guy but he didn't say that phrase yet, I am sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom