• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Where might this be?

Amazon had it for 15$ which you could combine with a 5$ coupon to bring it down to 10$ I got it for 15$ on the Christmas sale and didn't feel ripped off, but it will probably pop up for 10$ again somewhere soon.

I really don't understand people that have multiple gaming platforms. I mean, I kind of do because of the exclusives but how people have time to juggle so many games across so many platforms I will never know.

Once I beat Last of Us, Demon Souls and Red Dead Redemption I'm calling it quits on the PS3. Unless of course my ps+ subscription gives me something else worth playing for free.
Exclusives are literally the only reason I own them. None of the next-gen platforms have enough exclusives for me to break and buy. WiiU is almost there, especially since the GF would probably get a ton of use out of it.

oooohh they will be releasing white Xbox one controllers according to rumors :D

LTGEt1o.png

Looks great. Can't wait for the pc support i will definitely pick it up to replace my 360 one.

Likewise, that thing looks sexy as fuck.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm only getting a controller to play the platformer games on steam. Seems like the DS4 with the awesome dpad as well as symmetric layout is more comfortable than the xbone controller for that. Although I'm scared it doesn't get PC support and I will have to play with ABXY prompts.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
My wife went into labor last Monday and I forgot to buy the Humble Bundle before it switched over :(

Oh well, I'm sure I can get Papa y Yo for a couple dollars in the summer sale.

milena87

oooohh they will be releasing white Xbox one controllers according to rumors :D

LTGEt1o.png

Looks great. Can't wait for the pc support i will definitely pick it up to replace my 360 one.

Not bad. I might buy it if my 360 controller dies before the Steam controller gets released.

FloatOn

Exclusives are literally the only reason I own them. None of the next-gen platforms have enough exclusives for me to break and buy. WiiU is almost there, especially since the GF would probably get a ton of use out of it.

At this point I almost want to buy a Wii U to give nintendo some charity. It bums me out that they are doing so bad. Playing nintendo games after not playing them for so long would probably be pretty refreshing too.

But anyway, this list making experiment has been encouraging. I'm glad to have it all down on paper so I can form some kind of plan of attack. It will also curb my spending habits knowing that I have so many games I'm interested in beating.

I think the only game I'm really hyped to buy right now is Dark Souls 2. Not that there isn't other things I'd like at some point, but DS2 takes priority.

HoosTrax

white is the worst color, it will get yellow in no time
I'm a fan of camo pattern, either the urban/digital variant that the DS3 has been offered in, or the old-school woodland pattern that's offered for the 360. Doesn't get yellow. Doesn't show that greasy, muddy mixture of hand gunk + skin cells + sweat that ends up getting deposited on controllers and mice.

I'm a fan of camo pattern, either the urban/digital variant that the DS3 has been offered in, or the old-school woodland pattern that's offered for the 360. Doesn't get yellow. Doesn't show that greasy, muddy mixture of hand gunk + skin cells + sweat that ends up getting deposited on controllers and mice.

Don't forget Cheeto dust.

I'm also have that camo ds3 controller. It is cool.

I have a white 360 controller I got with my original 360 back in '05, still looks fine.

pics

Had a bit of time to game last night and I'd just finished up Saint's Row 3 so I gave the next two games in my on deck circle a try.

Pixeljunk Shooter - This is what I sunk the most time into and I came away really impressed with it. The graphics and sound are both very pleasing. In particular pouring a big dose of water into lava (or water into oil, or lava onto ice, ect...) is just a very satisfying transformation to watch. The level design is enough to make you think, but not too much as to stall your progress very often (I'm in the third world) so it makes for a nice game when you want a smidge of challenge without having to be totally engaged in the game. So far it's also done a nice job of introducing a new fluid type or new ship suit to shake up the basic gameplay just when it seems about to get stale. This game is a really nice surprise for me so far, I've played PJ Monsters and Eden before and both of those were games that I enjoyed, but had some major drawbacks. The only slight nitpicks that I can make with this guy so far is that the difficulty curve could stand to be a touch harder, and I feel like I would like some type of aiming laser that would show the start of my rockets trajectory before I fire them. It's really hard to be accurate when nailing an enemy close to one of the guys you are looking to rescue.

Dead Space - Less to say about this one, because 75 mins or so was enough to tell me that this is not the game for me. Not that I think it's a bad game, but more so that I found the environment unsettling enough that I just can't see playing this and enjoying it as a leisure time activity. Had a very cool horror / sci-fi vibe that I can see the appeal of, but I'm not much of a scare gamer (Dark Souls or RE4 is about as far down that path as I go) so having small cramped dark environments with a slightly clumsy to control character and jump scares is just not my thing.

Chronoja

On the topic of that controller, do we know if there are wired / wireless versions? I'd hate to think they've gone fully wireless with them.

M5fIzN2l.jpg

(Horrible lighting though.) I pimped it a bit last summer, quite the messy affair. Original white shell, though. I replaced the two grey parts, the D-Pad, the two white buttons and the sticks. I was going to put in black ones to fit the theme, but the ones I use now are just so much better.

irTWOTxl.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
On the topic of that controller, do we know if there are wired / wireless versions? I'd hate to think they've gone fully wireless with them.

Every wireless controller becomes wired (as in, Energy AND data go through the cable) once you plug it in.

At least that's what Microsoft told us.

HoosTrax

The only slight nitpicks that I can make with this guy so far is that the difficulty curve could stand to be a touch harder, and I feel like I would like some type of aiming laser that would show the start of my rockets trajectory before I fire them. It's really hard to be accurate when nailing an enemy close to one of the guys you are looking to rescue.
Yeah PJ Shooter didn't feel particular challenging to me. I played it using mouse for aiming and left analog for movement, which turned out to be a rather cheaty combination. I would have beaten the last boss without any deaths if I hadn't decided to try to find out whether touching him would do damage to myself (turns out it's an instadeath).

Turfster

I didn't. Maybe because Underworld had so much more going on that there's no comparison. It's amazing how developed and complex it was, considering it was already labeled a 'cassic' around the time Final Fantasy 7 came out.

Well, like I said, very very faint ;)
But yeah, Eldritch sadly doesn't really go anywhere with its magic powers and exploration.

Incognita was the better name. We should start a petition. :p

I know, right?

MotN is an awful stealth game but the team redeemed themselves with Don't Starve :thumbsup:

No. Stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking.

Eh let's split the difference. Stealth games are awful and MotN is the best stealth game for that year.
We can't be friends anymore.

Balls, I'll never win Sideways.
You're not missing much. The PC port is a horrible mess that crashes at the drop of a hat. (unless they fixed it)

dxhc99

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eldritch -- MB-2E18F6CFD3CA7156 - Taken by Kirosia. 2 entrants total.

t1391101149z1.png

Gvaz

Banned
So what is eldritch anyways? someone gifted it to me when it was on sale and it looks like minecraft and there's a gun.

I don't really play minecraft <_<

On the topic of controllers, I've been using the Hori Assault Pad for the last few months. I bought it because of the Nintendo style dpad, but unfortunately they turned out to be pretty stiff and unresponsive. It's still a nice product overall, but not one of Hori's best efforts.

Benedict

Some of these games may already have been activated. Try your luck :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO Afterlight -- MB-7919378C52313D67
Velvet ASSassin -- MB-8FBB2EA58A7A7BE8
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-6A2B2FD4B73E46C5
Shank 2 -- MB-51C08465AE2CCD8E
Galactic Civilizations I Ultimate Edition -- MB-3E704E39CF6AEA51
Velvet assASSin -- MB-8AB97D39A20EF90D

t1391112217z1.png

Dolor

Rymdkapsel is now purchaseable ($7.99).

RFG might if Nordic ditches GFWL for Steamworks.

Yeah, I keep thinking that could be viable. Hope they do the same with Dark Souls, but that seems less likely.

I wonder if the cards make the devs that much money (compared to new sales at least), but for the relatively limited amount of work to create the items, it seems like it would at least make money especially for games whose sales have dried up.

So what is eldritch anyways? someone gifted it to me when it was on sale and it looks like minecraft and there's a gun.

I don't really play minecraft <_<

Besides the "blocky art" it's not like Minecraft. It's a roguelike with Lovecraft lore as inspiration for the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom