• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Bought Chaos Theory since I miss not having it since the OG Xbox.

Is the version of Double Agent that's on steam the OG Xbox version or the 360/PS3 version? I hear the OG Xbox version is worth playing but that the 360/PS3 version aint so hot.

Hm

You know, that's a good question. It lists Ubisoft Montreal as the developer, so it may just be the original Xbox version. Shanghai made the 360/PS3 versions.

Deques

Just
got out of jail
in mafia 2, guess that chapter was a little nice distraction, I kind of like how story driven the game is so far and it's nice to see the time pass and you can see minor things change progressively.

You were lucky that you didn't become someone's bitch

nexen

Doctor_Who_Weeping_Angel_from_The_Time_of_Angels.JPG

You posted the wrong angel.
Wait, what were we talking about again?

jmizzal

Soooooooooooo...

Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Is it more Chaos Theory or Conviction?

I'd pay $20 for a modern Chaos Theory.

Its a mix of both, you can play the whole game without killing anybody or even being spotted by an enemy.

Its a lot better then Conviction thats for sure and i'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and owned all versions

Tellaerin

Yes, it was 5 dollars once for like a day. Tony never managed to get that price again.

I'm wondering what was the other price it came to. I don't remember if it was 7.50 or 12.00

I picked up the Complete Bundle (Origin) on sale on Amazon for $8.49 back in November. That sound right?

nexen

Its a mix of both, you can play the whole game without killing anybody or even being spotted by an enemy.

Its a lot better then Conviction thats for sure and i'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and owned all versions
Yeah, I just splurged and bought all the Splinter Cells I didn't own on Steam.
Wish Pandora Tomorrow was on there. I actually enjoyed that one more than Chaos Theory, iirc.

Grief.exe

I would have bought Blacklist and Blood Dragon by now if it didn't have Uplay.

Its going to be a shame that I will be missing out on Division as well.

Arthea

I don't get you people, you play Skyrim for hundreds of hours (some of you, not all, I'm aware) but Amalur is too shallow? c'mon (><)

For anyone considering Kingdoms of Amalur, I would not really recommend it. It's a shallow experience with horrible sidequests, questionable visual design, bland setting and unsatisfying combat. I played it for about 15 hours on the PS3 and basically gave up.

I had to rush through the main story, because it really bored me after a while, too.

I don't get you people, you play Skyrim for hundreds of hours (some of you, not all, I'm aware) but Amalur is too shallow? c'mon (><)

It's the secret magic of having an own opinion.

yuraya

I would have bought Blacklist and Blood Dragon by now if it didn't have Uplay.

Its going to be a shame that I will be missing out on Division as well.

ughh I forgot about The Division needing Uplay :( I hope it doesn't hurt the success of multiplayer in that game because it seems like the concept has potential.

Any issues with Chaos Theory on Win7? Or other problems I should know about?

$2.50 to replay it without unpacking an Xbox is enticing.

Also I'll echo the consensus that Blacklist is pretty good. Definitely more classic Splinter Cell than Conviction. I think it strikes a great balance between the classic and conviction approach.

I havn't had any issues with it. Havn't 'played' it, but have it installed and booted it up without issue.

rezn0r

Just bought 5 games, all of which I've owned, sometimes twice, before in another format. Actually my 3rd copy of KoA.

<3 u Steam someonehelpme

Benedict

Any reasons why Magicka WizardWars is taxing my GFX-card?
Louder than running Skyrim.
Seems not like a game that requires much power...
poorly optimised?

Backlogger

Hmm. Kingdoms of Amalur. I recently passed on a GameFly deal because it was Origin and didn't include the DLC. $12 with DLC on Steam isn't bad, but I don't normally spend that much unless I plan on playing it immediately (which I won't). I would probably play it like I play Skyrim, in bits and pieces.

Should I wait? Will the Steam version with DLC get cheaper? Or is this the best deal I will find for a while? 3rd party sites only seem to sell the Origin key.

justjim89

I seem to recall fairly positive responses to Kindoms of Amalur before all the shit hit the fan. Worth checking out at this price?

Edit: The answer seems to be no.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am really tempted to puck up Kingdoms of Amalur, because I liked the demo when it first came out.

If you like big RPG's and are looking for something new to play, check out KoA. The combat system is pretty good, the world is big and diverse, and if you don't get bored of it, you'll have a good time.

Unfortunately, it's easy to get burned out on it. The main story is not that long, though, so you can easily just power through if you want it finished.

Haven't played the DLC, but at the rate of which I grew bored of the base game, I wouldn't recommend spending money on that, unless you just want to pad your numbers.

With Halo 2 Anniversary and possibly Halo 3 and 4 ported to the Xbox One, is this even a possibility anymore?

I think it's still possible. Hell, since they're working on ports to the Xbone, it might be even more possible those upgraded ports end up on the PC as well. At least, that's what I hope.

I'd buy the shit out of them, even Halo 4.

Tellaerin

How's the Amalur DLC? Worth it?

Wish I could tell you. I haven't started playing Amalur yet, though I'm looking forward to it. (I seem to remember JaseC being pretty positive about the game.) I've finally gotten around to starting my ME3 playthrough now that I have all the story DLC, and that's pretty much been occupying my gaming time lately. (Haven't been babbling about my experience here because this is the Steam thread, and since ME3's Origin only, you might throw a brick at me or something if I did. :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom