• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I just played Chaos Theory for the first time in 2013 and I was blown away. Not only does it hold up extremely well, but it is one of the best games of all time in a dying genre.
Excited to give it away and let others experience the game for themselves.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory -- MB-092301A2E3E893F4 - Taken by schuey7. 19 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-17F9B317CA2B5C09 - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-6A91003675F883CC - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Shadows: Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-59A5645FE2075AB2 - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.

t1391109114z1.png

tissot

If I buy Far Cry 3 on Uplay and it's also available on Steam, would I be able to add FC3 to Steam as a 'official' game or do I have to add FC3 as a non Steam game?

Turfster

Humble Codemasters bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Overlord
  • Overlord Raising Hell
  • Operation Flashpoint Red river
  • Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
  • Rise of the Argonauts
TIER 2: 6$
  • Dirt Showdown
  • Dirt 3
  • Overlord II

Didn't I buy the Codemasters bundle a while ago? Not sure where, though. :lol

If I buy Far Cry 3 on Uplay and it's also available on Steam, would I be able to add FC3 to Steam as a 'official' game or do I have to add FC3 as a non Steam game?

Non-Steam game.

Dolor

For the AMD/Mantle crowd.

Excellent. I can't wait to try this out (mostly to see if my non-AMD rig can run it at decent rates).

Mantle's use in a number of games on this engine is the sole reason that I am uncertain as to what graphics card to get next. I got Nvidia for Witcher 3, but this is making me want an AMD for any games that could have gameplay like this...

schuey7

So brought The Cave and BInary Domain at GMG and got 2 keys for Rome: Total War. So I'm giving one away. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for schuey7:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome: Total War -- MB-0F23FFE5CF717345 - Taken by jmizzal. 14 entrants total.

t1391119196z1.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, thanks guys. Gamefly has FC3 on sale but it's for Uplay :(

They all are. You might as well dive in. Good-ass game.

EDIT: I see what you want...yeah, I guess you could wait, but...yknow...

Arthea

I am really tempted to puck up Kingdoms of Amalur, because I liked the demo when it first came out.

It looks nice, it seems to run nicely on PC, it has passable story, some not bad sidequests, it's quite fun to play, not very deep or anything just fun. And have I said the game looks nice? Also it has loads of loot, you can make your potions and craft your armour, and steal pretty much anything if you can wait till nobody is watching. Sounds like a fun game? Why yes, because it is fun.
sidequests mostly are bad, though, and initial inventory is too small, moving around long distances can be pain
you make a choice

Tellaerin

• Overlord
  • Overlord Raising Hell
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • Dirt Showdown
  • Dirt 3
  • Overlord II

Are we in rerun season for bundles? Not that repeats are a bad thing, but I could swear I remember this one running not too long ago.

Coreda

I just played Chaos Theory for the first time in 2013 and I was blown away. Not only does it hold up extremely well, but it is one of the best games of all time in a dying genre.

I remember playing the console version with a friend a few years ago. Fun times.

Flunkie

Banned
rymndkapsel is brilliant. Love it on iOS and Vita and am tempted to pick it up here as well, since there's another level in the Steam version compared to others.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Thanks for the Santa's Rampage cleanup game, looks like I'm the only one who wanted it, haha.

pretty sure I bought this over at Indiegala, need to see what the overlap is.

Humble Weekly is a Codemasters Bundle. Already had most of them from a previous deal in December.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly I have a Déjà-vu

Codemasters Bundle

1$ Tier:
Overlord
Overlord: Raising Hell DLC Overlord: Raising Hell DLC
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Rise of the Argonauts

BTA:

DiRT Showdown
DiRT 3
Overlord II

Edit: Beaten

Humble Codemasters Weekly

edit: beaten

Look at these guys trying to beat Turfster

:lol

bkw

Thanks for Shadows!

Hrmmm, I think I'm out for the codemasters bundle. I own everything sans dirt showdown and rise of the argonauts.
Though maybe rise of the argonauts is worth $1?

Grief.exe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
  • Overlord
  • Overlord Raising Hell
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • Dirt Showdown
  • Dirt 3
  • Overlord II

oh, ill buy rise of the argnauts for 1 buck sure