• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm to dollar or not to dollar for Rise of the Argonauts.
Don't care much about Dirt and the other games I got in the Indiegala Codemasters Bundle.

And with Metal Slug 3 coming to Steam, I can definitely see KOF 98 and '02 UM coming.

I'm pretty sure 98 and 2k2um are coming to steam.

I don't want to blow anyone up over this but a well-trusted member of the fgc was streaming Metal Slug 3 the other day and inadvertently streamed this tidbit too.
lCYnI4n.png

schuey7

From what I have heard its based on the PS3/360 version. Which is the one you want to stay away from apparently.

I don't really know too much about the history of that game, but I can't believe Ubisoft would spend so much money essentially developing two different games.

Thanks so much for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

bloke

Will save someone's $1 I guess...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, Rise of the Argonauts, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-1BF35B13D6E7B6BD - Taken by Coldsun. 16 entrants total.

t1391110552z1.png

Time to give again, anyone want one of these?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-54E938ED1AF75A59 - Taken by Kirosia
Zeno Clash -- MB-DFAD97EC1EA4E831 - Taken by Zeeman

Dolor

Is Rome Total War good if you are inexperienced at RTS games? I kinda wanna try it.

The overworld is turn based, and the battles are RTS. Rome is excellent and probably one of the best strategy games made. I personally like the newer ones even more, but you can't go wrong with a classic, plus it should run on a toaster at this point.

Turfster

That Magicka alpha gave me a foil, thank you sweet based Gaben.

I just had to do another round of foil price dropping since some of them have been up for months and the lowest price on all of them has dropped <1€. Sigh.

Nuuvem has 66% off Max Payne 1 & 2, making them about 1.7€ each.

If I buy Far Cry 3 on Uplay and it's also available on Steam, would I be able to add FC3 to Steam as a 'official' game or do I have to add FC3 as a non Steam game?

Non-Steam. You're not getting or redeeming a Steam key if you buy Far Cry 3 on uPlay. You're just getting Far Cry 3 on uPlay.

Any kind US gaffers here willing to help me obtain kingdoms of amalur so I can avoid the Aussie tax? I can PayPal right away.

PM me or add me on steam if you're interested. My steam id is mrteachwell. My 1 month old baby girl and I thank you in advance (she will appreciate her father having a more 'complete' game library, although no where near as complete as somepeopleC).

rtcn63

So, I won this game from someone and registered with Steam, realizing later that I already had another key via IndieGala

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-479BF4F330307B25 - Taken by Eanan. 3 entrants total.

t1391120902z1.png

Mechazawa

I'm pretty sure 98 and 2k2um are coming to steam.

I don't want to blow anyone up over this but a well-trusted member of the fgc was streaming Metal Slug 3 the other day and inadvertently streamed this tidbit too.

Those games have been in the Steam registry for a billion years.

Zafir

Bah, hate it when Humble Bundle lumps them into single keys. I only wanted two items, one out of each key, already had the rest, so all the rest of the games were wasted. -.-

Benedict

Roughly 30 minutes left.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

UFO Afterlight -- MB-7919378C52313D67 - Taken by Sullichin. 1 entrants total.
Velvet ASSassin -- MB-8FBB2EA58A7A7BE8 - Taken by emiranda061288. 10 entrants total.
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-6A2B2FD4B73E46C5 - Taken by Kirosia. 9 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-51C08465AE2CCD8E - Taken by _hekk05. 12 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations I Ultimate Edition -- MB-3E704E39CF6AEA51 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Velvet assASSin -- MB-8AB97D39A20EF90D - Taken by fernandes. 8 entrants total.

t1391112217z1.png

Bit.Trip Runner 2 seems cool but I swear, whoever designed the enemies you have to kick, needs to go back to game design school. If there's anything I don't want in a game like this is half of my screen being covered by a huge dumb face.

The_Monk

It's a shame Dirt Showdown is nothing like previous entries, but still I would be curious to check it on PC since I bet it looks much better than the console version just like the previous titles. Anyone cares to share their opinion? Can it look as good as the previous titles? I know there's nothing Rally related, unfortunately.

For those playing Dirt 3 now for the first time, I finished that and Dirt 2 a couple of months ago putting around 20 hours in each titles. If you are concerned about GFWL I would like to add that any issue I had was gone after opting OUT of the Steam Beta. After that I never experienced any issues and it logs in really fast. As an example, it logs on GFWL much faster than Dark Souls. I even managed to download a Free DLC from Dirt 3 if I'm not mistaken and managed to play it during the game. Hope you can enjoy Dirt 3, amazing visuals and you got to love those weather effects like rain, dust and snow. Also: Play with your HUD Off and you will have a wonderful time.

It's a video game, you don't need a specific degree to play it.

The overworld is turn based, and the battles are RTS. Rome is excellent and probably one of the best strategy games made. I personally like the newer ones even more, but you can't go wrong with a classic, plus it should run on a toaster at this point.

I have not played any RTS myself but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Ok thanks, I'm entering!

Thorgal

Is there any reason NOT to buy The splinter cell collection on steam ?

Actually, how are the last 3 ? (double agent .Conviction and blacklist ) ?

Finally beat MGR:R, that last boss was rather hard. Anyways I welcomed a game that properly challenged me even on Normal. Onwards to DLC and VR Trainings

Ezra2680

Just realized all the Amalur talk is because it is on sale on steam right now. I always regretted not getting the DLC for the game and thought it would never go on sale on steam again. I would definitely suggest getting the game at this price if you are interested in action RPGs at all. I spent 60-70 hours in the game and thought it was a lot of fun. It supports multiple play styles(fighter, stealth, mage) that you can switch between through out and has some interesting settings and enemies. It is a little like skyrim in that it can become very easy if you play around with the crafting too much though, so if you don't want to be super over-powered, I would stay away from that.

I'm saying, I don't understand what the bombshell in that conversation is or why we should expect it sooner from that conversation. People have been talking about leaked steam registry games on and off for a long time.

I didn't know blacked-out names and red-outlines meant bombshell. I'm just speculating based on the fact that SNK is beta testing a GGPO netcode for a multiplayer game.

Nabs

Heh. I guess Tomb Raider is finally getting a price drop ($29.99).

edit: Tomb Raider is now Steamplay (PC/Mac)... or will be in a bit.

Grief.exe

So are the KoA publishing rights owned by the state of Rhode Island now? Haven't been following that whole drama lately.

The base price was changed last night and EA was added on as a publisher.

I'm curious as well.

Last we heard they weren't able to auction off the IP, but Rhode Island was talking with some interested buyers.

Welp, I bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Time to see if this is yet another regrettable reboot. Probably going to continually be weirded out by the lack of Michael Ironside.

graywolf323

The base price was changed last night and EA was added on as a publisher.

I'm curious as well.

Last we heard they weren't able to auction off the IP, but Rhode Island was talking with some interested buyers.

I wonder if EA bought it if only so they wouldn't have any licensing issues since they obviously sell it on Origin

edit: in my dreams they bought it because they changed their minds about a sequel

So when is Codemasters going to remove GFWL from Dirt 3? This was the perfect chance.

I'm only missing Rise of the Argonauts from the HB.

An-Det

Heh. I guess Tomb Raider is finally getting a price drop ($29.99).

edit: Tomb Raider is now Steamplay (PC/Mac)... or will be in a bit.

There's a 1 gb update downloading right now, so it's probably doing that. Seems a lot for just that, I'm curious if anything else is in this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom