• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

The thing they did say though was
A. From is doing the PC port. Learned a lot from the first one so PC people aren't going to get screwed on the technical side again.
B. The reason it is coming later is because they are taking the time to do it right.

I really want to play this game and I know it will look amazing on PC, even if just for the 60 FPS goodness, there's no doubt in that. But all the time I will have to wait while the PS360 crowd will be having their fun it's going to be harsh.

I'm more than okay with waiting but waiting too much would be a shame indeed. This is one of those rares game that I really want to get into as soon as possible and have great fun. I wonder if something like April would be wise to expect or even later...

Joe Molotov

Just loaded up

R9neZve.png

Beautiful

Support technique, s'il vous plait.

Wok

This makes sense.

In general, the amount of time and money people have to spend on entertainment are inversely proportionate. That is to say, that the more money you have to spend on games, the less time you have to play them. That's because the things that get you money tend to take up time. The more time you spend getting money, the more money you'll have, and the less time you'll have. I don't mean this as an absolute description of all people, but this explanation holds true for this fairly large group of people.

Grief.exe

Anyone got impressians on octodad only €5 in russia

Here is a couple opposite previews from the review thread.

After watching the trailer, a stealth section sounds hilarious.

I think Splinter Cell or Thief where your movements are precise and calculated, and then an octopus put into that situation flopping around and knocking things over. I much prefer shorter games that know their mechanics and don't overstay their welcome.

The point of the game is that it's a random novelty with often frustrating controls and a weird inclusion of a stealth section. If a reviewer wants to criticise the controls, why not let them? Criticising the game is well within their rights. Who are you to say they're wrong?

Here is my website's review over at MiddleofNowhereGaming (MONG).

Tldr -- I really liked it, $15 is justified for 2-3 hours of non-stop smiling, laughing, and getting the catchy theme music stuck in your head.

OrangeOak

Is there some easy way to move games from one steam library folder to another?
I bought new HDD and I wan't to move some games from my default folder to new HDD but I don't know how.
I don't want to download everything on my slow connection :(
I made new library on new HDD and moved Alan Wake folder to it,then I tried to launch game and when it asked me where to instal I choosed new library where I moved Alan Wake but it starts to download in new"downloading" folder.
It was much more easy on Origin :p

yuraya

Dang that teleglitch game is some hardcore nightmare. Ammo is so damn scarce enemies are challenging. Props to whoever actually managed to beat it lol thats definitely a game that doesn't take shit from anybody. Recommend to anyone who wants a challenge.

Gvaz

Banned
What is so bad about it ?

It's a bad splinter cell (and from what I've seen blacklight or w/e looks like more of the same, now with FPS segments!)

I guess it's okay if you don't really want a stealth game, but I'm told it's the hitman absolution equivalent of hitman.

I so far don't mind the new hitman tho :3

Ezra2680

Is there some easy way to move games from one steam library folder to another?
I bought new HDD and I wan't to move some games from my default folder to new HDD but I don't know how.
I don't want to download everything on my slow connection :(
I made new library on new HDD and moved Alan Wake folder to it,then I tried to launch game and when it asked me where to instal I choosed new library where I moved Alan Wake but it starts to download in new"downloading" folder.
It was much more easy on Origin :p

Check the OP for the steammover program or something like that. Its what I use and I haven't had any problems with it so far

Edit: Link from the OP for Steam Mover

Dang that teleglitch game is some hardcore nightmare. Ammo is so damn scarce enemies are challenging. Props to whoever actually managed to beat it lol thats definitely a game that doesn't take shit from anybody. Recommend to anyone who wants a challenge.

I think I've played it about 70 times so far, I've only managed to make it about halfway through the game.

MGS3 is the best in the series, but you played the worst version!

Only the demo and I barely played it. I didn't even encounter any enemies I played it and dismissed it so quickly. If there was a good port of MGS3 that was a gameplay only version I'd give it a go but after the previous two games I have no desire to suffer any more of Kojima's bollox. If anything I would be more tempted to track down a copy of the GameBoy game and just play the VR missions :p.

Haha, it's a love/hate situation as I said. Were there any story-oriented games you did enjoy though, woo?

Out of the hundreds, if not thousands of games I have played in my life I could probably count them on the fingers of one hand. Most of them make me want to scream frankly.

I thoroughly enjoyed The 39 Steps and Dear Esther but then I don't consider them games but stories with faux gameplay elements :p.

Right, back to XCOM! Got a planet to save! [Don't care!]

Do it, at that price you won't regret it!

I played the demo on PS3 for the hour they allotted and it was immediately in my "I want to play that someday". I bought it when it was $15 on steam in anticipation of getting a gaming PC that could run it someday... and then it went free on PS+. Now that I have my gaming PC, I just need to be in the mood for a long action RPG and I'm on board.

For $6? Go buy it.

Just do it! I just did

GAF my favourite enablers! Thanks!

As much as I would like it I can't recommend this game. I played and finished back in the day on the PS3 when I had the console and it felt like a really bland game with a very uninteresting story to be honest. The art style was also not my thing as I prefer something less "cartoon style". The quests are most fetch quests and some of the soundtracks get tiresome after some walking around in the world.

But if you want to really play it and your backlog is getting thinner then go ahead, I know that some people enjoyed it but it was rather boring for me to play until the end (but I did). As for the DLC I didn't play any of it. You can get 8 games, with some variety from the Codemasters bundle if that's to your liking for the very same price.

The backlog, even playing regularly, is only fattening! I wish I could play more!
Obrigado

Coming to Early Access on February 20th

game-monitor-evolved.png

Can you infect the world? The unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation is evolving onto PC via Steam Early Access. Plague Inc. has infected over 25 million players to date and has now been entirely redeveloped for PC. Get ready to take strategy gaming to the next level!

Plague Inc: Evolved combines the original critically acclaimed gameplay with significant, all-new features for PC:

• Infectious Multiplayer - cooperative and competitive gameplay modes let you team up to fight the cure with friends, or compete in a race to kill the world.
  • Contagious Content Creator - hit the lab and develop your own custom scenarios - creating new plague types and worlds. Bring your deadliest ideas to life and share them with Steam Workshop.
  • Blinding Graphics - Including full 3D disease models taking you closer to your plague than ever before, city-cams showing humanity's struggle at street level, and the body scanner highlighting the full effect of your mutations, organ by organ.
  • Deadly Data - Predict government responses with priority indicators, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
  • And much more!

Backlogger

Extra game, enjoy:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gnomoria -- MB-FE8A247C56EA8DEF - Taken by Hesemonni. 17 entrants total.

t1391127789z1.png

Tizoc

I keep clicking on the Steam icon on my taskbar but nothing happens =/ I wanna continue playing Broken Age...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom