• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

The one thing that did bug me about KoA was that crafting is ridiculously overpowered. If you abuse it to excess, you end up one-shotting anything. Which is a shame because all of the actual unique / legendary loot ends up getting tossed into a storage chest as soon as you get it because they all pale in comparison. What's the point in having so many unique loot sets with different models, if you never really feel like using them.

Grief.exe

The one thing that did bug me about KoA was that crafting is ridiculously overpowered. If you abuse it to excess, you end up one-shotting anything. Which is a shame because all of the actual unique / legendary loot ends up getting tossed into a storage chest as soon as you get it because they all pale in comparison. What's the point in having so many unique loot sets with different models, if you never really feel like using them.

They needed to work on balance.

Steer clear of crafting due to the game becoming easy.
Steer clear of side-quests due to the game becoming too easy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Random misc games I had giveaway, not much, but in case any of you all were interested in these:

CrWMT2ql.jpg

Ryne

I bought Amalur day 1 full price and loved it, suck it haters!

Its not very good, its basically a single player mmo, but Im a mmo freak so thats why I liked it I guess

I shoul play the dlc one of these days, or just replay the game (and play the dlc)

Bought it day one as well and quit as soon as those giant spiders popped out.

I really should get that phobia fixed.

DasFool

Same thing's happening to me, went offline for a while and tried to restart the client. Now I can't even open the client. Something wonky's going on.

kris.

Banned
noooo i was just about to go back into octodad and now i can't even get onto steam

gaben

why have you forsaken meeee

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They needed to work on balance.

Steer clear of crafting due to the game becoming easy.
Steer clear of side-quests due to the game becoming too easy.

The sad thing is I remember them mentioning that they nearly had a patch ready to go to make combat harder/more satisfying but then everything just went bad :(

user237

I bought the GTA Trilogy on Amazon using the $5 vouchers. It's showing doubles of each game in my steam library. Is this normal?

Santini

I get the scanline look... I like it. But the curved screen?

I'm in the same boat and have used SweetFX like this in the past, and simply turned off the curvature. No more curved screen! =)

#define CRTCurvature 0 //[[0 or 1] "Barrel effect" enabled (1) or off (0)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. I kinda wish I knew Codemasters Humble Bundle was together and not individual keys. Bought Dragon Rising for a dollar and was planning to give Red River (that I got from Mod bot) back to GAF along with the Overlords but they all redeem to your Steam account. WHY.jpg

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sideway New York -- MB-CE63520F281A70ED - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1391129093z1.png

Do you guys think now that MGSR have been out for Steam for a while, we might see games coming to steam like El Shaddai, Asuras Wrath, Bayonetta, and the likes?

I mean. We've gotten Naruto, Castlenvania, Metal Gear and others. I really wanna try some of these games.

I really also wanna try Shadows of the Damned. That looks really cool, and like a game that would / could do good on Steam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_of_the_Damned

Ezra2680

Do you guys think now that MGSR have been out for Steam for a while, we might see games coming to steam like El Shaddai, Asuras Wrath, Bayonetta, and the likes?

I mean. We've gotten Naruto, Castlenvania, Metal Gear and others. I really wanna try some of these games.

I really also wanna try Shadows of the Damned. That looks really cool, and like a game that would / could do good on Steam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_of_the_Damned

Someone, I think Grief, started a petition to try and get Sega to port more games.

If you really want Bayonetta, then support this petition: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756674

I'm also one of those insane people that bought Amalur full price day one. The demo was that good.

Played for 50 hours and then thought to myself, "What the fuck am I doing?" and stopped completely. The amount of padding the game has is obscene. After a point it damages the rest of the game.

Think I might buy the DLC

Ezra2680

I'm also one of those insane people that bought Amalur full price day one. The demo was that good.

Played for 50 hours and then thought to myself, "What the fuck am I doing?" and stopped completely. The amount of padding the game has is obscene. After a point it damages the rest of the game.

Think I might buy the DLC

I bought it day one as well, spent about 40 hours on it, got burnt out, came back a few months later and put in another 30 hours to finish it. Got the DLC today

The opening of Kingdoms of Amalur is very, very exposition heavy. I don't know why so many fantasy games have to get creative with the names of the races, it gets tedious. If it looks like a dwarf, call it a dwarf.

Yeah, Thinking I'll just buy the normal version instead of the Complete.

It's a shame about your stance on UPlay, Blacklist is a fantastic and arguably the best gen7 stealth game that actually lets you play it pretty much 99% stealth. In some respects it's Conviction but much more refined but it has and rewards players who go the Chaos Theory route of not touching anyone. I know you would definitely enjoy it if you loved CT.

UPlay + Steam = wait for 75% or sub $5.

60% of that time, it works every time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cloudius12:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo -- MB-9AD8843F0F8C9B57 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Enjoy.

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sideway New York -- MB-9F24A92916B6C2B0 - Taken by Exuro
Velvet Assasssin -- MB-78515E59009110FE - Taken by bloke

Ezra2680

I was setting up a modbot giveaway and noticed a user name of ModBod, is that another bot or did someone actually manage to slip that name through some how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom