• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible unpolished mess that took the corpse of a heroine and did bad things to her.

The PC port is a mess last I tried. Around the level of Saints Row 2 in playability.

That sounds terrible. I've played Saints Row 2 for about 45 minutes last year and it was probably the worst game I've played in a long time. Just the fact that it doesn't use the analogue triggers for acceleration and breaking makes it unplayable for me. I guess I need to get back to Remeber Me, if I want an ass kicking heroine. Blood Rayne 2 on Steam would be cool, too.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
That sounds terrible. I've played Saints Row 2 for about 45 minutes last year and it was probably the worst game I've played in a long time. Just the fact that it doesn't use the analogue triggers for acceleration and breaking makes it unplayable for me. I guess I need to get back to Remeber Me, if I want an ass kicking heroine. Blood Rayne 2 on Steam would be cool, too.

Wow really?

Grief.exe

I would like BloodRayne 1 and 2 on steam dammit. (Im the crazy who prefers 1 over 2 but still)

Both Blood Rayne and Blood Rayne 2 are available on Steam actually, they never go on sale though so people forget about them.

I actually picked up Advent Rising last year because I was worried about Majesco's bankruptcy. Looks like a game I would like to play and wanted to pick it up before it disappeared from the store.

Majesco just completely abandoned the platform, but now it seems they are back with Double Dragon Neon.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would like BloodRayne 1 and 2 on steam dammit. (Im the crazy who prefers 1 over 2 but still)

Remember Me its pretty good despite the shortcomings so keep going on that one.

Wow really?

28 hours in and I would say that actually this is one of the lesser issues. It's a nuisance to be sure, but it didn't take me long to adapt, although your mileage may vary, obviously. However, you do NEED a controller: trying to drive using the keyboard controls is pretty much an exercise in futility.

However, the port as a whole completely lives down to its reputation. It's quite shocking, and this is a tragedy because the game underneath is actually pretty fun. Some of the missions are more annoying than others, inevitably, but it has far more content and customization than SR3 and 4, and Stilwater presents a VASTLY more interesting and varied city environment than Steelport.

Grief.exe

So EA lost the rights to the Lord of the Rings, so we will never see this cool game on Steam

Rotkboxart2.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I finished velvet assassin and had zero issues /shrug

Do you guys think now that MGSR have been out for Steam for a while, we might see games coming to steam like El Shaddai, Asuras Wrath, Bayonetta, and the likes?

I mean. We've gotten Naruto, Castlenvania, Metal Gear and others. I really wanna try some of these games.

I really also wanna try Shadows of the Damned. That looks really cool, and like a game that would / could do good on Steam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_of_the_Damned

You must've missed Grief spamming this thread about it. :D

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Remember Me its pretty good despite the shortcomings so keep going on that one.

I love Bloodrayne 1 a lot more than the sequel as well. Biting nazis was great fun :p

Ezra2680

For my 300th post, I give you games

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

a...er_292x136.jpg
a...er_292x136.jpg
a...er_292x136.jpg

Teleglitch -- MB-90367E7FC553BA5D - Taken by Cyberquake. 19 entrants total.
Surgeon Sim 2013 -- MB-9908C5B66AEFBD14 - Taken by Exuro. 11 entrants total.
BIT TRIP Runner 2 -- MB-39EB18C7FCC39F3F - Taken by eyeless. 6 entrants total.
Batman AC -- MB-FB0B3610947233D6 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-BC2C1950AE2F1828 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-C859B201948E5D35 - Taken by PorkWing. 1 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-5BFB9C3AF29AB506 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 12 entrants total.
Garrys Mod -- MB-EA7BB08B5AEC21D9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-D6CAF41A17AD19AA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Batman AA -- MB-B53A1550744FB987 - Taken by adriano999. 4 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-57A177FEF5FAC479 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Lord of the Rings WitN -- MB-2DC977F4FB591F91 - Taken by VikasNarula. 7 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-115AEB7FBF8B5182 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Bit Trip Fate -- MB-976C94E65840FC1D - Taken by StAidan. 6 entrants total.
La Mulana -- MB-B9D0D6B45884ACE6 - Taken by Santini. 17 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-00E4BD45E15BD626 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Ys 1 & 2 -- MB-15F18C3599D9855F - Taken by GaussTek. 28 entrants total.
Bit Trip Runner -- MB-702137B017ACBD05 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 3 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-757B9C514B218BC3 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Binding of Isaac -- MB-60AF1B4F64B18ED1 - Taken by gwynplaine. 4 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-BEB7A7C40B059FE3 - Taken by Last Baron. 10 entrants total.
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death 7 -- MB-FEF66A0A092B1B61 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 8 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-6FB3780827421274 - Taken by Maklershed. 12 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-3B26FB0C074590F9 - Taken by fosholv. 6 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-61897E197B0F6D02 - Taken by Reg. 1 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-6FAD26D17C25558B - Taken by Uga. 4 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-98CF180589B49624 - Taken by ricochetguro. 7 entrants total.
CS GO -- MB-E81C7B92F086DFC7 - Taken by Coreda. 19 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-6AFAE6BDE078EB33 - Taken by trailmix16. 10 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-B49934B10CF4A8FD - Taken by jmizzal. 12 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-020636669ADF50FB - Taken by Mavromatis. 14 entrants total.
SotS The Pit -- MB-2B1E5873F827C689 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 9 entrants total.
Trine -- MB-6243FC9FD35EDCA0 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.

t1391143944z1.png

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
28 hours in and I would say that actually this is one of the lesser issues. It's a nuisance to be sure, but it didn't take me long to adapt, although your mileage may vary, obviously. However, you do NEED a controller: trying to drive using the keyboard controls is pretty much an exercise in futility.

However, the port as a whole completely lives down to its reputation. It's quite shocking, and this is a tragedy because the game underneath is actually pretty fun. Some of the missions are more annoying than others, inevitably, but it has far more content and customization than SR3 and 4, and Stilwater presents a VASTLY more interesting and varied city environment than Steelport.

I actually love SR2(consider it the best in the series) and agree with you with you on most of what you said. I just never knew SR2 not having analogue trigger driving made it unplayable for some people, but different strokes for different folks.

I still have yet to try the pc port yet though and don't think I want to after all the horrors I hear about it. Luckily my 360 and ps3 versions still work fine.

LuffyZoro

I thought that the Shadowrun expansions were going to be free. Not that I won't eventually buy Dragonfall, because I'm really enjoying SR:R, but I'm just confused.

Caerith

Why do I have a weird feeling that Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning is going to be removed from Steam after this sale.

Because EA. I don't know if you should be concerned, though. I mean, you can still get other EA titles (ME, etc) on Steam and those titles regularly go on sale.

def sim

I have Infinite on PS3 because of PS+, but I'd rather buy and play it on PC. Dang.

edit: ah screw i'll get it on amazon. gotta use one of these coupons anyway

tim.mbp

How daunting is EUIV for newcomers to the series? I like strategy games, but have never played any of the Paradox ones. Mostly stuck to Sid's.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Yesterday Purchased Mark of the Ninja. Definetly Recommend it.

Does anyone have You Need A Budget (YNAB)? I am interested in it but wanted to know if anyone recommends it.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
How daunting is EUIV for newcomers to the series? I like strategy games, but have never played any of the Paradox ones. Mostly stuck to Sid's.

It's the perfect starting point in my opinion. The tutorial actually helps you get a grasp on the basics of the game (At least it did for me). Much of it is hands-on learning so you don't spend an hour watching a video guide unless you really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom