• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Seems I missed quite a giveaway, but always cool to see people being generous.

Got to Anor Londo in souls today, praise the sun.

I'm gonna need something low key following playing both games nearly back to back.

Turfster

Did the first mission of Chaos Theory.
I can see why people told me to play it.
When I got to the statistics screen, I found out to my horror I'd been killing all the guys I had been interrogating even after telling them I wouldn't kill them, instead of knocking them out...

Coreda

Totally unexpected, thanks to Ezra2680 for CS:GO :)

Looking forward to having all the parts for my new build, pretty excited. Haven't updated in such a long time.

Aaron

Does anyone have any opinions on the Grim Dawn beta, it looks great, seemingly plays great, looks pretty scarce content wise as is for $30 though. With the right vision I think it could turn out better than PoE.
I have the beta, and it's not worth it yet. It's coming along nicely, but its very obviously unfinished. I'd wait for the full release.

damaph

I have one more $5 Amazon coupon and can't decide between the Enslaved/Inversion bundle or Dark Souls. I want to play enslaved, but I'm not really interested in Inversion. Dark Souls seems to get high praise from a lot of people here, but it is a shitty console port with locked 720p and 30fps. There are mods that can fix the resolution, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get 60fps with no glitches. It also has GFWL and which will shut down soon and Namco still hasn't released any plans they have for Dark Souls.

Anyone have an opinion on these games?

played some Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons today. To be specific I just finished chapter 2.

Had I played this last year like I should have it would have been a game of the year contender. Despite my short time spent with the game I can already tell that this is something special. It does everything ICO did but better.

And I should mention that I'm playing it on ps3 because of playstation plus. I'm loving it so much that I may actually buy it on steam because I know this game can look better on pc.

side note: the camera work is this game is fucking brilliant and I wonder if such techniques could be used on the isometric action rpg. one can dream.

I was weary of this post at first. then I read the bold.
That's where I stopped reading. :p

Dark Souls goes on sale all the time. Enslaved is relatively new for PC.
I'd go with Enslaved.

Only one of the games is fantastic though... and it's not the one developed by NT.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. I get 60 fps on Dark and don't notice any glitches with dsfix. Not saying you should get it just commenting on that part.

Now someone's gonna point out the glitches and it will have been right in front of my face..

Ezra2680

thanks for runner 2, it was just sitting there 25 minutes after the raffle ended, then when i got it it said 6 entrants, weird

edit: ah, cause it was a free-for-all, they entered for other games as well, and won

ya, looks like bit.trip runner is still there too, if anyone is interested

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any kind soul with extra amazon coupons that I can paypal 2 fiddy to for Enslaved? I got no coupons :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-22978B28B2F6179C - Taken by jmizzal

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Day 4 and no response from Valve support about the removal of my games.

This is going to sound dumb but have you checked to see if the games have been removed? Support didn't respond to my ticket about my broken Space Hulk pre-order gift and I realised some days later that someone had re-added it to my inventory.

What happened?

He's one of those weirdos that don't like having crappy games in their libraries. :p

Edit: Someone from MumboJumbo Support got back to me and said that they can't offer any information about SiN Gold coming to Steam. I expected as much.

tumblr_mbqq7pmzBR1rrzlrq.gif

What is this majesty?

Edit: Someone from MumboJumbo Support got back to me and said that they can't offer any information about SiN Gold coming to Steam. I expected as much.

I'd be all over that if it came out for Steam. I played it religiously back in the day, but never found the Wages of SiN expansion. I still own my physical copy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm pretty sure I'll have an extra one, if you want you can wait till I actually make sure and have a copy of the game for you

Sure I'm in no rush I played it on ps3, but I can't pass on 2,50

JaseC

I'd be all over that if it came out. I played it religiously back in the day, but never found the Wages of SiN expansion. I still own my physical copy.

I received the game as a Christmas present one year and was devastated when it didn't run as well as the demo. :( The version of the game that's bundled with Emergence on Steam, in addition to missing Wages of Sin, is slightly censored for some reason.

Rhaknar

We need more past-bundles games to be on steam damn it, it's always so nice when those "freebies" come out

JaseC

I've sent an e-mail to Longbow Games asking if it would be possible for me to receive a Steam key for Hegemony: Philip of Macedon if I were to buy the Gold Edition (which I already have) from its own store.

stonedwal

Would have grabbed Kingdoms of Amalur if not for the Aussie tax. Got it on 360 anyway.

Disappointed in the Humble sale this week, like everyone said, the bundle was around back in December and I passed then. The Overlord games are among the few I traded in this gen - good premise but mediocre execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom