• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Hmm yes I am ready for some Castlevania. The new previews and videos that recently came out were great. I still think the game is going to be one of the surprises this year. If only Konami would stop screwing around and let us preorder it
on GMG for ~$35

Hey, you're back!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Good to see you back Derrick. Hope your time away was good. How are you feeling? Do you need a drink or something to eat? Is the general sensation of warmth and wetness around your genitalia to your liking?

Tizoc

Hmm yes I am ready for some Castlevania. The new previews and videos that recently came out were great. I still think the game is going to be one of the surprises this year. If only Konami would stop screwing around and let us preorder it
on GMG for ~$35

Likewise~

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I might be buying a nice home theathre relatively soon so I've got a question: Do PC games generally come with 5.1 and all those high quality audio tracks you can really appreciate on a HT? Or will I be limited to stereo sound?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, screen-filling paint doodles and photoshops of featherless japanese dinosaurs taking up a huge portion of my screen isn't what many would consider appropriated workplace usage of the web. A mostly text filled screen, on the other hand, that is definitely much more appropriate.

So yeah. Maybe do these doodles-for-oodles later in the NA day/night/weekends would be appreciated. I like this thread and have contributed a couple of games through modbot so it's not like i'm trying to be a dick. Just making a suggestion : )

If you're in a workplace where you shouldn't be on GAF, don't get on GAF. If you're in a workplace where a site with lots of images gets you in trouble, turn off images. We enforce standard NSFW rules by prohibiting people post nude or gore images or whatever. This is a global forum so 24 hours a day it's somebody's work day--you're literally asking people to screw over guys in your exact position who happen to live on the other side of the world as you. Whether it's drawings for a silly giveaway or screenshots of games or reaction gifs or whatever, people are going to post images in this thread and most other threads. I know you're not being a jerk about this and you're asking nicely, but it really isn't a reasonable request of people.

Forgot I even had these keys sitting around!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-24A69980BCB9D676 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-D611E4C2B5E1FE5D - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 3 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-9E375FDBBDFF3AB3 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 5 entrants total.

t1391183905z1.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember Me has great art.

...and that is about it, really. Still, Neo Paris looks really good.

Yeah, I wanted MUCH more out of it. The opening sequence was pretty dope as fuck too. The rest of it kinda...I...nah.

Derrick01

Banned
Good to see you back Derrick. Hope your time away was good. How are you feeling? Do you need a drink or something to eat? Is the general sensation of warmth and wetness around your genitalia to your liking?

Nah breh I already had my daily Apple Jacks. I'm good for a while, thanks though.

edit: Oh shit Enslaved's $2.50? Bought!

Caerith

I've heard that Remember Me improves drastically if you play it in French with subtitles, like how it's recommended to play Metro 2033 in Russian.

If you're in a workplace where you shouldn't be on GAF, don't get on GAF. If you're in a workplace where a site with lots of images gets you in trouble, turn off images. We enforce standard NSFW rules by prohibiting people post nude or gore images or whatever. This is a global forum so 24 hours a day it's somebody's work day--you're literally asking people to screw over guys in your exact position who happen to live on the other side of the world as you. Whether it's drawings for a silly giveaway or screenshots of games or reaction gifs or whatever, people are going to post images in this thread and most other threads. I know you're not being a jerk about this and you're asking nicely, but it really isn't a reasonable request of people.

Fair enough.

waby

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chaser -- MB-2B697BA930EA89A4 - Taken by tjohn86. 9 entrants total.

t1391193985z1.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for Enslaved, Cade :)

I've heard that Remember Me improves drastically if you play it in French with subtitles, like how it's recommended to play Metro 2033 in Russian.

I probably should have done that. It's been a couple months since I've played it, so I should try it again. Still, no saving the combat :p

didamangi

So, is Inversion really a turd of a game? I kinda have a soft spot for B-level games but I seea bunch of people giving away their copies of the game.

Not that bad, but people giving away their copies probably has to do more with the steam key that's restricted to American region and they don't want to use VPN to activate it.

beaten like a dead horse.

Aitor

No problem, enjoy.
-
I guess I had at least one Amazon coupon left, so:

Thank you Cade!

BTW the game is NCSA app so can be activated in:

US United States
CA Canada
MX Mexico
PR Puerto Rico
BS Bahamas
PA Panama
BZ Belize
CR Costa Rica
SV El Salvador
GT Guatemala
HN Honduras
NI Nicaragua
VE Venezuela
CO Colombia
GY Guyana
SR Suriname
GF French Guiana
BR Brazil
PE Peru
BO Bolivia
PY Paraguay
UY Uruguay
AR Argentina
CL Chile
EC Ecuador

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll most likely play Inversion in co-op. I wish Binary Domain had co-op in the campaign too.

:eek: He lives!

Balance has been restored to the Farce :D.

Welcome back sir, you were missed :).

Try that Freedom = $1.05. The post will include a link to the image if you are desperate to see what the image was anyway. However, if image free, text only reading is what you desire then that is definitely the way to go. Or just wait until I bring this up in your next yearly review.

Region locked key. Americas only.
(And not everyone wants to use a vpn like Spotflux)

Not that bad, but people giving away their copies probably has to do more with the steam key that's restricted to American region and they don't want to use VPN to activate it.

beaten like a dead horse.

Ahh, that makes a ton of sense. I guess ill give it a shot when i get home and see what the deal is.

Caerith

I probably should have done that. It's been a couple months since I've played it, so I should try it again. Still, no saving the combat :p
The combat sounds interesting in theory, and it seems like the sort of thing they could have fixed in a sequel.

So, is Inversion really a turd of a game? I kinda have a soft spot for B-level games but I seea bunch of people giving away their copies of the game.
Apparently the port of Enslaved is pretty bad, too.

Lain

Inversion isn't that bad of a game, gameplay wise, but the story is weak, the end is super lame and it crashed a lot for me on Win7 64-bit (a good experience to teach me not to put up with crash prone games).

didamangi

Apparently the port of Enslaved is pretty bad, too.

Only played 90 minutes so far but I can say that it runs smooth enough minus a shadow bug in one of the cutscenes. The game doesn't have many graphic optons but at least I can forced SGSSAA on it.

Movement and combat is a little on the janky side though.

Thorgal

I know this is a off topic, but i always wondered where mods Fraw the line with Gore .
Now obviously you do not want any real life footage of say Shots of people ripped apart after a car bomb .
But then you see gifs like The head explosion one or any other violent gory death in both movies or games .

So in essence : Gore that involves anything real life like the above example are a big no-no but gore from Movie's or Games are perfectly ok regardless of how extreme it might be .

Have i got this correct ?

gabbo

Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

PM Sent, but here it is for others to see:

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Honestly ? I had fun with Inversion on the 360 and thought it wad a solid rental and a solid coop game. Hell I liked it more than say Gears Of War 3 which I didn't like at all. It's got a few cool gimmicks and as acheapo B movie game I liked it quite a bit. No idea what the PC port is like though.

Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

lol, you reminded me this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom