• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

US/Canada only, apparently.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Tenrius:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-78FA85F271EAF406 - Taken by Kirosia. 4 entrants total.

t1391180891z1.png

OrangeOak

Is there someone who have some $5 Amazon coupons left and who knows that they will go to waste because there are no more interesting deals?
I would like to have Enslaved for 2.49 and I can pay some for coupons maybe $1 or $2.
I will also give away Inversion key because I am from poland.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any way for me to see how many discounts I still have left?

Somebody mentioned seeing that they had $25 dollars in credit (5 coupons), but my "View Gift Card Balance" doesn't show that information.

Is there someone who have some $5 Amazon coupons left and who knows that they will go to waste because there are no more interesting deals?
I would like to have Enslaved for 2.49 and I can pay some for coupons maybe $1 or $2.
I will also give away Inversion key because I am from poland.

Can't you just make a Amazon Gift Card for 2,50 and give to the person who needs to buy the game for you, so they can just give you the keys and no paypal money has to be exchanged? That's what I would do.

Kassu

Banned
Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

My entry. Note to self: use text tool next time.

Cade

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadows: Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-1572D37BD65245BF - Taken by Caerith. 2 entrants total.

t1391181431z1.png

Quick giveaway.

All these doodles-for-games contests that you guys have in these threads, I wish you guys would leave that stuff for the weekends. Makes this thread unopenable at work : /

dani_dc

Can't you just make a Amazon Gift Card for 2,50 and give to the person who needs to buy the game for you, so they can just give you the keys and no paypal money has to be exchanged? That's what I would do.

I've done this in the past, this would work (as long as the other person isn't using an address that would have taxes, in which case you'd need to put a bit more of money).

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
It seems like I did this the other day :) (By the way thanks for all the OMG Zombies beta applications. We're still accepting people if you haven't applied yet)

Hi again everyone. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but we're now accepting applications for the Agarest Zero closed beta.

More details can be found here http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-zero-closed-beta-now-live but the basics are

"To enter the Agarest Zero closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: agarest_beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you would be particularly suited to helping us with it. This may include previous experience in beta testing or anything else that you feel is relevant.

Applications will close on the 4th February, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually does come down to is rather varied and depends on how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

Agarest for those of you who are unaware is a console SRPG/JRPG series the first of which we have already brought to Steam.

"In a time long forgotten, the gods of darkness and light fought in a savage battle across generations, ravaging the land they had created. A deadlock ensued leaving the Scarred Mountains to divide the continent between the sworn enemies.

With wounds running so deep, the balance could not last forever and soon the darkness would arise to face its foe once again. In this most pivotal installment of our epic tale, we take you back to that most ancient of battles revealing the story of events preceding Agarest: Generations Of War...

...While patrolling the mountains, Sieghart, a young officer loyal to the armies of light, meets a strange girl. This chance meeting will change the world...

Watch the story unfold as you battle hordes of creatures in more than 80hrs of compelling turn-based combat.
Utilise the tactical new Card Skill System to shape the combat style of your uniquely created hero.
Featuring stunning new and beautifully animated character portraits, displaying a variety of emotions.
The innovative Soul Breed System returns! Choose your bride to determine the strengths and fate of the world’s next heroic generation of warriors."

(Disclaimer - I work for the publisher bringing this to steam)

OrangeOak

Any way for me to see how many discounts I still have left?

Somebody mentioned seeing that they had $25 dollars in credit (5 coupons), but my "View Gift Card Balance" doesn't show that information.

There is no way to check how many coupons you have left.You can go to this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=101&tag=mylofsix-20 and click on "enter your code" to see your software balance but don't pay any atention to this because it shows every credit you get on the site and it's imposible to tell for what you got it and how to spend it.

As for your question to me,I don't really know how to make your own gift card there besides first I have to find some good soul with coupon :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

dino_crisis_wallpapern4ldz.jpg

I'm not a scientist ><

Derrick01

Banned
Since Remember Me devs are going bankrupt. I suggest you buy the Game and DLC while you still can.

There's no need to, it's one of the most thoroughly mediocre and forgettable games I've played in a while. It's one of the winter sale games I played when I was banned, maybe later I'll write up some impressions of the games I finished.

Dr Dogg

Gah. There's nothing really in amazon's EC list I'm interested in.
Not a fan of Ninja Theory's games, so I have no interest in Enslaved. Is MP3 worth it for casual shooter player only going to put a few hours into it?

Well NotSelf is being very kind and doing a giveaway for Max Payne 3 which still has some time left.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98974625&postcount=3311

No you'll be watching cutscenes then playing.

There not that bad. Screwing up at a cutscene checkpoint can cause them to get annoying but hey there are worse games for that. Mechanically though I find it much better than most TPS titles as off late who are getting a little bit tired.

There's no need to, it's one of the most thoroughly mediocre and forgettable games I've played in a while. It's one of the winter sale games I played when I was banned, maybe later I'll write up some impressions of the games I finished.

He returneth!

The_Monk

Welcome back Derrick, may your posts bring balance to my Zen.

Tizoc

It seems like I did this the other day :) (By the way thanks for all the OMG Zombies beta applications. We're still accepting people if you haven't applied yet)

Hi again everyone. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but we're now accepting applications for the Agarest Zero closed beta.

More details can be found here http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-zero-closed-beta-now-live but the basics are

"To enter the Agarest Zero closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: agarest_beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you would be particularly suited to helping us with it. This may include previous experience in beta testing or anything else that you feel is relevant.

Applications will close on the 4th February, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually does come down to is rather varied and depends on how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is."

Agarest for those of you who are unaware is a console SRPG/JRPG series the first of which we have already brought to Steam.

"In a time long forgotten, the gods of darkness and light fought in a savage battle across generations, ravaging the land they had created. A deadlock ensued leaving the Scarred Mountains to divide the continent between the sworn enemies.

With wounds running so deep, the balance could not last forever and soon the darkness would arise to face its foe once again. In this most pivotal installment of our epic tale, we take you back to that most ancient of battles revealing the story of events preceding Agarest: Generations Of War...

...While patrolling the mountains, Sieghart, a young officer loyal to the armies of light, meets a strange girl. This chance meeting will change the world...

Watch the story unfold as you battle hordes of creatures in more than 80hrs of compelling turn-based combat.
Utilise the tactical new Card Skill System to shape the combat style of your uniquely created hero.
Featuring stunning new and beautifully animated character portraits, displaying a variety of emotions.
The innovative Soul Breed System returns! Choose your bride to determine the strengths and fate of the world’s next heroic generation of warriors."

(Disclaimer - I work for the publisher bringing this to steam)

I'd like to join in on the beta buuuuuuuuuuut I've got other games I gotta work on on PC ;.;
Eff it I'll subscribe to try out the game.

yuraya

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1391197500z1.png

V9R74M6.jpg

Tizoc

It's worth a 1 time play at least, so if you were to get it for I dunno $10, it'd still be worth the one time play.
WB Derrick, this thread felt...different without you.

_hekk05

Banned

Oh Derrick... Can't you just wish the developers all the best? You need a course on AQ.

Thorgal

The yin is back .

Balance has been restored !

Derrick01

Banned
Oh Derrick... Can't you just wish the developers all the best? You need a course on AQ.

I mean I'm not celebrating they were shut down or anything but any future sales on the game isn't going to help them any, it's going to help Capcom. The studio's done for no matter what.

FloatOn

Thanks guys it's good to be back (again). I noticed it was kind of a crazy week here eh?

eh.... just a bunch of weirdos flipping out about botox tomb raider edition.

the real crazy is going to be the one-two punch of Lords of Shadow 2 in February and then Dark Souls 2 and South Park in March. This year is starting out really great.

Kiru

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1391197500z1.png

No idea what to do about the Steam stuff. True MS Paint gangsta shit though.

Cade

This looks like a perfect game for my Halloween playlist. Thanks, -Cade!

No problem, enjoy.
-
I guess I had at least one Amazon coupon left, so:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Inversion -- MB-387CF83FDC6BDD33 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Enslaved -- MB-FD749DB74B24306A - Taken by Vince McMahon. 14 entrants total.

t1391183229z1.png

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

I knew steamgaf was missing that special something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. WB Derrick

Dinosaurs are NSFW at your place?

Well, screen-filling paint doodles and photoshops of featherless japanese dinosaurs taking up a huge portion of my screen isn't what many would consider appropriated workplace usage of the web. A mostly text filled screen, on the other hand, that is definitely much more appropriate.

So yeah. Maybe do these doodles-for-oodles later in the NA day/night/weekends would be appreciated. I like this thread and have contributed a couple of games through modbot so it's not like i'm trying to be a dick. Just making a suggestion : )

Derrick01

Banned
eh.... just a bunch of weirdos flipping out about botox tomb raider edition.

the real crazy is going to be the one-two punch of Lords of Shadow 2 in February and then Dark Souls 2 and South Park in March. This year is starting out really great.

Hmm yes I am ready for some Castlevania. The new previews and videos that recently came out were great. I still think the game is going to be one of the surprises this year. If only Konami would stop screwing around and let us preorder it
on GMG for ~$35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom