• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Is it worth using a vpn to cash in the inversion amazon code or are the risks so dire that i might as well give it to a mate in the us?

Valve doesn't tend to punish paying customers, so using a VPN to activate a game or a cracked exe to get a mod to work Valve will look the other way.

Using a VPN to buy a game through the Steam store from another region is another story.

Dolor

Need some help guys, trying to drum up more media attention targeting PCgamer for now.

If you could retweet this, or send a Tweet out to these guys yourselves that would be great!

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/429372910982021120

25Fdfaa.png

If I had twitter, I would. Bless you though. Doing good works.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, with their Linux, 4K, SLI and OpenGL support so much better, I think I am pretty solidly in the Nvidia camp (used to try to alternate) at this point. The only thing that makes me doubt it is that Star Swarm demo that's built for Mantle. An RTS using that engine could be majestic, but then again, I like having an excuse to upgrade, so I may still go Nvidia.

That Star Swarm demo shows how all over the shop DirectX setup are. At points my GPU was doing nothing while my CPU was going crazy then the other way around and sometimes both doing nothing or at 100%. If Mantel can stabalise and get full utilisation out of both, mainly the CPU then the benefits will be there for all (well eventually)

Though on the flipside I'm really looking forward to Gsync and I'm not giving up ShadowPlay for the world. Nvidia's driver support not just for Windows but OS X, Linux and now SteamOS is always something to bear in mind.

Aces Wild! Highly recommended, my impressions
I've seen Aces Wild called a "bullet hell beat-em-up" and I think the phrase describes the game perfectly. Take the overwhelming number of enemies, the wild visual overload, the insane pace of a bullet hell SHUMP and combine that with over-the-top Dragonball Z-style combat and you get Aces Wild.

The combat in Aces Wild requires one to walk a fine line between craziness and caution. Attacking enemies builds up your Wild meter which allows you to charge up your destructive, enemy-pinballing super attacks or perform a space clearing move that heals you, but the more Wild you have, the more powerful enemies become. So combat becomes a very satisfying mix of punching enemies across the screen and dodging and evading attacks while strategically utlizing your Wild at the best times.

Best played with a gamepad, Aces Wild is a visual treat. Enemies and mini-bosses attack from all sides. Debris flies across the screen. Combos leave you aerial for minutes at a time while missles and projectiles track you and colorful impact effects blind you. The game is a great stress reliever but remains a challenge throughout. With three characters to choose from (each with their own style), a boss rush, arcade mode, and local co-op for double the chaos, Aces Wild has enough content to last hours.

Eanan

Is the Dark souls deal the last amazon editors choice discount where we can use the $5 code, or will there be more tomorrow?

Done, c'mon guys!

Every member of SteamGaf should sign the petition even if it's not really interested it the games. You'll end up buying them anyway.

I've signed the petition, but really Sega and every other company on the "I wish they would bring ... to steam" list should be able to work it out for themselves by now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wish I could get Dark Souls for a friend but I cant use my paypal on Amazon nor have the discount.
-_-

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I assume iOS GAF is Micronesia then.

Build-A-PC GAF is Antartica, where they need as much heat
sinks
just to survive.

oipic

Sometimes I think you guys forget that there are other threads on this board ;p

Guilty as charged, for the most part. :)

If there's something significant going on out there, I know the SteamGAF collective will pick up on it soon enough.

Edit: that map: perfect!

Derrick01

Banned
Seriously is Dead Island like the worst optimized PC game? Witcher 2, Ass Creed 4, works great. Dead Island is horrible! What gives!?

State of Decay is pretty bad in that regard. I've never seen such a mediocre looking game tax my PC so hard, and it likes to make my GPU drivers crash for some reason. I love the game and it's on my goty list for last year, but the optimization is a bit of a joke.

edit: Also while we're on the topic of zombie games apparently, I noticed Dead State is finally on steam and the early access is coming soon. It's happening!

Tellaerin

Just a quick reminder for those who might have missed it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-C8346480EA6E3418 - Taken by Anustart. 33 entrants total.

t1391214820z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom