• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faabulous

GoG sells DLC? I frequent Arcen games forum, and the founder of Arcen said their games are not on GoG because GoG doesn't support paid DLC, and he said that recently too. That's weird.

That youtube video has been set private lol.
Ahhh, I don't want to sound hyperbolic, but my interest in GOG comes first of all in the principles of the service (which a single price is a part of) and then in their selection of some good old games so this change makes me less interested in buying new games from them. Not gonna say I'll never buy from them ever again, because I'll keep buying some old game that's not on Steam but... this makes me like them less.

Too bad people already redistributed that video to help GoG.

Also the blue coins was a nice touch.

vg260

I just categorized my library, but it's not syncing on another pc. Is there a trick or setting to get this to work?

Kaleinc

Banned
From gog announcement:
...regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe...

Huh, DRM is the standard as well. Bad move.

graywolf323

I just categorized my library, but it's not syncing on another pc. Is there a trick or setting to get this to work?

did you try restarting Steam on both?

GoG sells DLC? I frequent Arcen games forum, and the founder of Arcen said their games are not on GoG because GoG doesn't support paid DLC, and he said that recently too. That's weird.

pretty sure they started doing so a few months ago if not longer

Momentary

Banned
I have Strider, Castlevania, and Thief ready and in my Shopping cart. I'm hesitating because I want to throw in FFXIVARR. I know if I buy this my marriage may be on the rocks. I had issues with WoW about 5 years ago. Damnit! I'm just going to wait for FFXI and FFXIV to go on a deeper sale just to have them in my Steam Final Fantasy Collection.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
With Humble Bundle, GOG, and others all doing this around the same time, this is probably an industry movement spearheaded by some of the larger publishers.

It makes me laugh in how the PC is such an open platform and lets people/publish what they want but GOD FORBID customers try to find themselves the cheapests deals from other regions. I realise that Steam itself is a form of DRM so you have to abide by Valves rules but it feels to me like locking down the customer in a way even if its due to regional pricing. I wonder if we'll eventually end up with locked games and locked keys letting cunts like Deep Silver rip us off even more. Though saying that, it is the PC so there's always ways :p (without resorting straight to piracy I mean)

Did you end up getting the phone or previous PC version? You poor soul!

This is gonna be my 6th.

I hope they put all the old RE titles as well. Code veronica should be coming since RE4 is based on the psn/xbla version right? Those two released together. And then i remember an article talking about RE 1-3 possible release.

VoidZero

Banned
The last bastion of hope: The Indie Gala Store, still rockin' those dollar prices.

Yup and rewarding european customers with VAT
4. Do I need to pay VAT?

If your IP address is mapped to the UK or a European Union (EU) country, then you will be required to pay VAT. VAT charges are not included for those who live outside the EU.

joe2187

Banned
I hope they put all the old RE titles as well. Code veronica should be coming since RE4 is based on the psn/xbla version right? Those two released together. And then i remember an article talking about RE 1-3 possible release.

Code veronica is my favorite RE game, I've bought every single version that's been made.

I still have the original Dreamcast version.

Gimme more RE games with claire redfield!

I've just finished SteamWorld Dig and Grief was right, it's a fine little game. This light Metroidvania is fun and addictive, it's charming, and it's short enough to never be boring (I finished it in around 4h).

The only problem is that it's relatively easy, but for $5 right now, it's a great buy.

Kadin

Tomb Raider Pack - $29.47 at GMG.

This pack includes:

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider VII: Legend
Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
Lara Croft Guardian of light

Almighty

That Tomb Raider deal is tempting, but I think I will pass.

Anyway I would be all over HD ports or remakes of the older Resident Evils on the PC.

Sleepy Dawgs is a terrific game. It's probably the best open world game I played last gen outside of maybe asscreed 2 and crackdown. It's a solid 12-15 hour ride that also looks great on PC. Duders, get this game if you haven't already.

Tropico 5 is added to Steam. Now you can all add it to your wishlists since you all want to be dictators. Unless you don't want to be a dictator, if so please don't get this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom