• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Time to relax and post my character on here!

1024x639.resizedimage

That's it!!

How much is this game in PAL land right now?

Grief.exe

That Lord of the Rings brings me back, great times I had while playing with a close friend of mine. Now you just need to print some good art for those Splinter Cell games. ;)

For PS2 games I think I am just going to print some covers off of The Cover Project as making my own would be quite a time investment.

I talked to you about it the other night, but I've been making my own GBA boxes which has a high time commitment.

I see you also got that LotR game I recommended.

Yes! I've heard really good things about this one so I would like to try it out. Hopefully all of these emulate well, I have no idea where my actual PS2 is.

thumbs-aloft.gif

I wish PC got the ps2 version of double agent...

No kidding. I can't believe Ubisoft actually commissioned two diffeernt versions of the exact same game, sounds needlessly expensive.

Why not release the Ubisoft Montreal version of Double Agent on Xbox, GC, PS2, 360, and PS3.
Give the Shanghai team some extra development time and release their version the next year on 360/PS3 only, billing it as a true next-gen experience.

Generates significantly more revenue with only a slightly larger investment.

Did zklyon(?) convince you to get Xenosaga 3? Haha. That seems like a decent haul, though.

The Xenosaga series has always interested me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There are actually two versions of Double Agent.

PS2/Xbox/GC version made by the same development team behind Chaos Theory and considered to be very good.
One 360/PS3/PC version that is considered to be mediocre.
I had no idea. I played on PS2 and wondered why it was kind of disregarded fairly often.

You dont need Nanopastes.

ZANDATSU!
Oh, I'd zandatsu the shit out of the guys, if they weren't all the sword dudes and the two ape dudes (Mastiffs?). They require a lot of beating up on before you can even Zandatsu them, never mind cutting off their arms.

No need to thank me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Savant Ascent -- MB-5598531969BF9327 - Taken by mannerbot. 7 entrants total.

t1393118900z1.png

DukeBobby

There are actually two versions of Double Agent.

PS2/Xbox/GC version made by the same development team behind Chaos Theory and considered to be very good.
One 360/PS3/PC version that is considered to be mediocre.

The 360/PS3/PC version is actually pretty decent. Sure, it's not as good as the other version, but I don't understand why everyone hates it so much.

Tellaerin

No need to thank me.

That's a fun little game. Had no idea it was a tie-in to an actual musician until I picked it up, so I guess it worked as a promotional tool, too.

Yeah, Double Agent on PS2 was much better than DA on 360. Such a weird choice to have drastically different games.

Wasn't the 360 version developed at Ubi Shanghai or something? I vaguely remember reading about the games being worked on at two different studios, back when they were still in development.

Yeah, Double Agent on PS2 was much better than DA on 360. Such a weird choice to have drastically different games.

I believe at the time it was suppose to be a "true" next gen version and one that is for the older systems. Also wasn't the og xbox version better than ps2 always for SC games?

wilflare

am I missing any deals/bundles?

Blink
Indiegala (Interstellar and Capsule Computers)
Flying Bundle
Humble Bundle
Groupees Build-A-Greenlight-Bundle 5
IndieRoyale

anything else?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
No kidding. I can't believe Ubisoft actually commissioned two diffeernt versions of the exact same game, sounds needlessly expensive.

Well Ubisoft also did it with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter with the PC versions being different games made by GRIN at the time.

I believe at the time it was suppose to be a "true" next gen version and one that is for the older systems. Also wasn't the og xbox version better than ps2 always for SC games?

Yep it was, since the start of the series. I played Double Agent on the og Xbox too and really liked it, almost as much as Chaos Theory. I funnily enough haven't played the 360/PC version of Double Agent yet.

oipic

A big thank you to oipic for Guacamelee! I've been itching for a taste of luchadore action- my sweet spot!

No worries, FOX. :)

Enjoy, mate - it's one of my favourite games of recent times, and if I had played it sooner, it probably would've made it into my SteamGAF GOTY top 5 for 2013. Olé, etc.

Grief.exe

Also wasn't the og xbox version better than ps2 always for SC games?

Don't judge those SC games by their PS2 versions, just FYI. They are vastly inferior to the Xbox versions.

Yes, but you can't emulate Xbox games currently. I'm not planning on playing any '3D era' games on original systems at this point.

I would prefer the GC versions of multiplats, but I have found it is more difficult to actually find GC games.

That Bridge Constructor gif I made is taking me places... A random guy just gifted me Bridge It Plus. :D

I saw it on the imgur front page feed earlier and thought of you lol. Also slow night for me, CSGO isn't going to get my $3 for those new maps though!... Old man shouts at clouds...

oipic

Beta access Steam gift for that new MOBA/'ZOMBA'...thing.

Please note: I make no claims as to the quality or otherwise of said product.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-EDE88C4DC472E436 - Taken by mrchampipi. 14 entrants total.

t1393130466z1.png

syko de4d

FFXIV? How is it? I kinda want an MMO to play and it looks tempting at 15$.

bought it just because... no idea really... but i like it. The engine runs absolute perfect, even in borderless window mode. The class system is crazy, you can play every class with one char and can combine some skills from different classes with the class you use at the moment etc. Graphics are very nice, quests are pretty average till now, i think there is a 3 faction big PvP zone in the works for 2.2 or 2.3, i think housing is there too. It looks like there is alot to do, but maybe i am wrong i am only lvl 12 at the moment ^^

Crownjo

Can't wait for Kaiju Combat. I am so glad I backed it. Also SuperPower 2 got greenlit as well. Nuking small countries again is gonna be a blast.

I'm really enjoying (though I am a huge Final Fantasy fanboy), I haven't played a MMORPG in years, but this one already has me hooked

bought it just because... no idea really... but i like it. The engine runs absolute perfect, even in borderless window mode. The class system is crazy, you can play every class with one char and can combine some skills from different classes with the class you use at the moment etc. Graphics are very nice, quests are pretty average till now, i think there is a 3 faction big PvP zone in the works for 2.2 or 2.3, i think housing is there too. It looks like there is alot to do, but maybe i am wrong i am only lvl 12 at the moment ^^

I'm not a super hardcore MMO player, I've tried a trial of WoW, didn't stick, and bought The Old Republic but only played for a few months, mainly cos my friends stopped playing and I didn't like doing pick up groups with randoms for the flashpoints.

Is this cross platform? I think one of my friends has been playing it on the PS3 and it would be cool if I could easily play with them. If not, how easy is it to solo stuff or get groups for whatever the dungeon instances are called in this game?

Oh yeah, every release was better. I meant it more in the way that those games were better on the last gen systems than they were when they released on the 360.

If Capcom made a RE2 remake using same engine as RE5 would you guys buy it?

Probably. I'd be even more likely to if it used the engine from RE6.

Let's see... GC, PS2, OG PC, Wii, PS3... sixth here.

Wow, that's a lot.
I'm on third -- GC, PS3, Steam.

I have Strider, Castlevania, and Thief ready and in my Shopping cart. I'm hesitating because I want to throw in FFXIVARR. I know if I buy this my marriage may be on the rocks. I had issues with WoW about 5 years ago. Damnit! I'm just going to wait for FFXI and FFXIV to go on a deeper sale just to have them in my Steam Final Fantasy Collection.

Do yourself a favor, dump Strider from your cart and grab FFXIV instead. Worry about Strider when it goes on sale... the only really unique thing it brings to the metroidvania genre is that you can climb on almost any wall. Once you get double jump and catapult, movement isn't bad, but the rest is just... subpar.

Can people like me have an RE4 style camera and control scheme?

I'd hope so... that'd be some real quality development, if you could have an RE game that allowed player choice on camera option.

BECAUSE I BOUGHT RE4 7 TIMES ALREADY!

That's not a reason.

Time to relax and post my character on here!

1024x639.resizedimage

Nice.... uh... helmet.

syko de4d

Is this cross platform? I think one of my friends has been playing it on the PS3 and it would be cool if I could easily play with them. If not, how easy is it to solo stuff or get groups for whatever the dungeon instances are called in this game?

it´s cross platform between ps3 and pc... and ps4 in April. And game has good controller support on PC.

I really wish there was cross platform mulitplayer games. I remember as a kid I wished that you could play PC players from the console as I thought I was a god with the controller. I know there are people out there now that think like that, I'd like to show them they're wrong.

I wonder if/when we'll see that again, as I know that Shadowrun and that old racing game from the Dreamcast was cross-platform and not much else.

I really wish there was cross platform mulitplayer games. I remember as a kid I wished that you could play PC players from the console as I thought I was a god with the controller. I know there are people out there now that think like that, I'd like to show them they're wrong.

I wonder if/when we'll see that again, as I know that Shadowrun and that old racing game from the Dreamcast was cross-platform and not much else.

UT or quake on Dreamcast was. I used the mouse on dreamast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom