• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

And done.

Thanks for your help. I will make out with around $40 for a digital item that was essentially worthless to me.

TF2 market is aggressive. As soon as I listed on one of those trade sites the offers started flooding in. Going to try and get rid of my Ellis cap and Frying Pan now. Once I'm out, I'm out though.

Those won't get you much.

Thanks for the heads-up.

It's interesting that the version I had installed was 44 meg (checked just now when I uninstalled), while the Steam version weighs in at 128 meg. I'm wondering what's been added since I last played it.

They mentioned the original Japanese version could be included in the Steam release but I dont know if its the only reason that the game file is larger.

TF2 market is aggressive. As soon as I listed on one of those trade sites the offers started flooding in. Going to try and get rid of my Ellis cap and Frying Pan now. Once I'm out, I'm out though.
You're not going to get anything for those. To put it into perspective, combined they'd net you about a little over a seventh of a single key in value.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's great to share games but at the moment it does nothing better than giving your Steam account to someone and let her/him play games while you aren't.

Well except for protect your account security on an ongoing basis and greatly simplify the process of doing it so that you don't need to log out and log back in.

It's great to share games but at the moment it does nothing better than giving your Steam account to someone and let her/him play games while you aren't.

It was a pain in the ass to message my brother so he would shut down steam so i could log in play a few rounds of CS:GO.

Its good enough for me.

Grief.exe

Dark Souls II PC release date

April 25th

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/28/dark-souls-ii-coming-pc-steam-april-25/

Dark Souls II for PC will have four times higher graphic resolution and will run at 60 frames per second, says Bandai Namco. From Software has been working on adapting the controls for mouse and keyboard players.

Dark Souls II will be available on Steam. Bandai Namco also plans to release a collector’s edition which includes the Black Armor Weapon DLC set, a Dark Souls II t0shirt, art book, and a cloth map.

The_Monk

April 25 Th for my Dark Souls II, HNNNNNNG!

By the way, that date is national holiday in here, it marks the end of the dictatorship we once had.

Kadin

Okay I'm a tad lttp with regards to Family Sharing. So let me sum up my understanding and would appreciate if someone can confirm.

- Go to friend/family computer and login to their Steam with my credentials
- Enable Steam Guard and Family Sharing (auth their computer)
- Log out and they log back in
- We both have access to my library but they'll be kicked out if I play something they don't own and are playing/sharing
- They would need to come to my computer to do the same to share their library

Missing anything here?

Zafir

Okay I'm a tad lttp with regards to Family Sharing. So let me sum up my understanding and would appreciate if someone can confirm.

- Go to friend/family computer and login to their Steam with my credentials
- Enable Steam Guard and Family Sharing (auth their computer)
- Log out and they log back in
- We both have access to my library but they'll be kicked out if I play something they don't own and are playing/sharing
- They would need to come to my computer to do the same to share their library

Missing anything here?
Yes. However, you can cross play fine, as in, you could play one of their games, and they could play one of yours and you'd be okay.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Praise the Sun.

A month's delay aint that bad, March is gonna be South Park month for RPG lovers.

Not to mention the other games that just came out in the last 2 weeks of February alone:-

Thief
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Resident Evil 4 HD Ultimate Edition
Castlevania LOS 2
PAC-MAN Museum
Banished
Ikaruga
Metal Slug 3
Strider

Can you truly say you've got nothing to play on your PC until April?

Sober

Well, April 25th means more time for South Park and maybe catch up on some backlog stuff either on Steam or the 3DS. Thanks, Bamco!

Arthea

colour me impressed, or One way heroics was removed from my Desura account or it never was on Desura, as I'm 99% sure I redeemed Royale desura key. That's something new.

I'm kinda tempted by RWR 2pack at Indie gala, if someone not in euroland is buying this bundle and doesn't need second steam key, I would paypal.
I'm so weak, only taxes are stopping me from buying it :(

fantomena

I think Im actually gonna pre-order Dark Souls 2, for ocne I pre-order a game.

Hopefully GMG will get it functional with a discount code.

I thought GamesWorkshop was like really really anal about licensing.

They even shut down fan projects.

Why do they let crap like this get made? Seems schizophrenic.
Because they get a cut of the profits, while fan projects take away their ability to force people to pay for WH40K stuff.

Now that I'm no longer a junior member, I thought I should give a little something back to the best thread on gaf. Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-E2C4A54D74534CFE
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-76479D482FACC68F
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-9541D9E2617A53C1
The Darkness II -- MB-DC64194F7D7F9076

t1393628980z1.png

The_Monk

If Dark Souls II does release indeed in April I need to check how's that month in terms of what's releasing in that time window.

Arthea

I know, but it's hard to teach new tricks to an old Panda. xD

thanks for One way heroics, that's very nice of you :)
Steam decided to die on me while accepting your gift of all times! but it's back to life for a time.

Now that I'm no longer a junior member, I thought I should give a little something back to the best thread on gaf. Good luck!

That's some five element quality giveaway, ninja!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom