• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Even if you aren't going to buy the newest humble weekly bundle, I'd appreciate it if you would vote for Wildlife Park 3 on greenlight so those of us who are purchasing it can get the game on steam :)

It seemed to me they were being very careful to not say they would provide Steam keys if Greenlit.

Wildlife Park 3 will be available on Steam if it is greenlit by the community on Steam Greenlight. To help Wildlife Park 3 get greenlit, please click here.

My guess is that the change in wording here indicates that Humble purchasers will not receive Steam keys if greenlit.

derExperte

The first two levels of Deadfall Adventures aren't half bad, not original and the jerky character animations are distracting but I like the setting, it looks good and gameplay with puzzles and shooting seems okay. They probably should've ignored multiplayer and started with a lower price point, I'll certainly get it for 10€ (strangely you can get the Steam-redeemable boxed version for less here than on Steam with -50%).

Sullichin

Is there a way to have Steam render with resolution scaling correctly on Windows (8.1) using a Bootcamped rMBP?

I can either get 1440x900 scale with blurry detail, or crisp retina resolution and everything's insanely small.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I want more of on Steam are Japanese games, specifically RPGs, but anything out of them. Xbox exclusives would be nice, too, especially since emulation isn't an option there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B2F0E9C7992366E9 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B2F0E9C7992366E9 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Thanks anonymous benefactor!

derExperte

I thought yesterday was the last day. Hopefully, this time will be the lucky one for me.

"Due to technical difficulties AMD’s post promoting the code giveaway did not go live. To make up for this...."

But are the keys given away directly on the Alienware site or do I have to make an AMD account too?

rtcn63

I remember that. Waited an hour or two past when the codes were supposed to go live, and forgot. Then a bit later I checked and the keys were all gone.

FloatOn

while we wait for binding of isaac rebirth:

diehard dungeon
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/277870/

yippee-kay-yay motherfucker

it probably sucks.

Hagi

Seems like the nicest place to ask, has anyone used Simplycdkeys before? The price they have for Thief is pretty crazy and I'm unsure whether to jump on it.

I don't understand. Will 250 lucky people may grab Steam codes for Thief or Deus Ex?

Yea, that's how it has worked the last 3 times. The alienware page crashes almost immediately when the keys go online and they are gone inside seconds. Probably most to people using scripts.

"Due to technical difficulties AMD’s post promoting the code giveaway did not go live. To make up for this...."

But are the keys given away directly on the Alienware site or do I have to make an AMD account too?

You get a key which you redeem on the AMD site and you can choose which games you want to get there. So, an AMD account is required.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

diehard dungeon
header_292x136.jpg

it probably sucks.

speaking of that...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Diehard Dungeon -- MB-2036AC13A6FB266C - Taken by XShagrath. 20 entrants total.
Diehard Dungeon #2 -- MB-A9B45BAFDB5B6739 - Taken by Archaix. 18 entrants total.

t1393620522z1.png

choose wisely!

Backlogger

That was going to my suggestion regardless of your answer, haha. I just thought that perhaps you'd actually used three drops but only received two cards.

I just realized the same thing is happening with Batman Arkham City. Says I have all 4 card drops, but I only have 1 card (but 2 versions of it). At least with that one I have crafted a badge, so I know at some point I did have all 4 card drops. Shouldn't I start getting cards again if I have crafted a badge with the cards I received?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Diehard Dungeon (which I also have on XBLIG) is decent but quite punishing. I got burnt out after a while because I never felt like there was either a sense of progression or skill ramp, I just kinda kept hitting walls. Maybe I'm just a scrub.

I just realized the same thing is happening with Batman Arkham City. Says I have all 4 card drops, but I only have 1 card (but 2 versions of it). At least with that one I have crafted a badge, so I know at some point I did have all 4 card drops. Shouldn't I start getting cards again if I have crafted a badge with the cards I received?

I don't think it works that way. I've never gotten additional card drops after crafting a badge.

Finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Didn't really like it that much tbh, found it rather boring in fact. At least the presentation was top notch and they didn't mess up the ending.

If you're in the queue, I think you'll get a key. Everyone else gets the message - Error 503 - Sorry, the queue is closed as all keys have been claimed.

So still no update on Black Mesa since november. Is it surely not running on S2? Why would they be secretive about the Portal2/GO fork edition. Doesn't make sense.

Tellaerin

diehard dungeon
header_292x136.jpg

it probably sucks.

Well, I like the aesthetic better than The Binding of Isaac's, I'll say that much. >.> (I can generally count on Edmund McMillen to combine gameplay I really enjoy with themes and imagery that leave me feeling mildly weirded out. I know it's his thing at this point, and I don't really expect that to change. Just one of those things I'm vaguely disappointed about.)

Now I need a Catzilla game.

Thanks GAF :(

No Catzooky, no sale.

If you're in the queue, I think you'll get a key. Everyone else gets the message - Error 503 - Sorry, the queue is closed as all keys have been claimed.

Nope. Last time, the site said that 190 keys were remaining after I got into the queue, but I got an email saying that they were unable to assign a key. I got the same email this time.

Unfortunately, a key could not be assigned to you. This can occur for one of several reasons, including:

1) We've ran out of keys before we could assign one to you while you were in the queue.
2) You are in a country or region that is not eligible to receive a key.
3) A key has already been assigned to you.
Please check back later as more codes may be added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom