• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dark Souls II does release indeed in April I need to check how's that month in terms of what's releasing in that time window.

Child of Light is releasing around that time I think. And hopefully the PC port of GTA 5 will be imminent by then. Otherwise it's fairly dry until E3 at least.

Grief.exe

Redid all of my downsampled Brothers screenshots as I had accidentally compressed them initially.

iiJCrOsuM7rfW.png

in7JTghjwfuo7.png

isdrsyzSfYQEV.png

oipic

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be?

These slot neatly into the completely unrealistic category, but I'd contemplate donating a kidney to have either of these on PC (and Steam in particular):

1) Gran Turismo 6
2) Forza 5

They're all I want. Someone at least please give me an equivalent, it's a large, gaping hole in the PC space.

Only slightly more realistic response: NOLF 1 & 2

Now that I'm no longer a junior member, I thought I should give a little something back to the best thread on gaf. Good luck!

Nice one, FEN - thanks, and congratulations!

These slot neatly into the completely unrealistic category, but I'd contemplate donating a kidney to have either of these on PC (and Steam in particular):

1) Gran Turismo 6
2) Forza 5

They're all I want. Someone at least please give me an equivalent, it's a large, gaping hole in the PC space.

I would say NOLF too but:
Apparently nobody knows who owns NOLF, but I firmly believe it's buried at Acti somewhere under all the company reshuffles (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Interactive -> Acti-Blizz). Sega lays claim to the AvP games but since the sequel was developed by Monolith it's unlikely to get a re-release on digital services as this would require Sega and WB to agree on a revenue split.

I also want Scarface and Arcanum on Steam.

1) Gran Turismo 6
2) Forza 5

What? There are plenty of sim racers on PC. Assetto Corsa is like those games.

oipic

What? There are plenty of sim racers on PC.

True, but none that I've found that scratch the same progression/compulsive collecting itch, or whatever that balance and magic formula is that both Forza and GT have.

Assetto Corsa is like those games.

AC looks promising, and great at what it aims to be, but I wouldn't classify it as GT or Forza-like at all (not yet, anyway). Maybe Project CARS will come closest to that formula eventually.

Thanks, bought 3 spares.

That is the spirit. I, as a normal person bought one, knowing that I won't even install it. But JaseC buys 4 of them and will never remember about it until next time it goes on sale and he's trying to buy it only to be warned about Steam that he owns a copy. Yet he'll not give up and buy it as a gift, maybe even 3 more. And throw us a face like this:

Because it's JaseC.

Thank you JaseC for being JaseC.

Kiru

Now that I'm no longer a junior member, I thought I should give a little something back to the best thread on gaf. Good luck!
You know what's funny? I have everything except XCOM but never played them... I need to get a better PC and kill my huge backlog... Congrats on becoming a full member :)

The_Monk

True, but none that I've found that scratch the same progression/compulsive collecting itch, or whatever that balance and magic formula is that both Forza and GT have.

I have the same problem. I played Dirt 2 & 3 recently, last year. I'm curious about Assetto Corsa and the Next Car game. Project Cars (this might be the one that fits your tastes Oipic) also interests me but I might get it on console since it might be hard for me to get the best quality in my PC. There's also a new Dirt coming but I need my driving in my gaming and I would be happy for a Forza on PC. There's also Driveclub coming on the PS4 but no release date yet...

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

1.Jazz Jackrabbit
2.Jazz Jackrabbit 2
3.NOLF
4.System Shock 1
5.Resident Evil 1

Tizoc

OK uh help me out here please.
I'm working to get my DualShock 4 controller to work on my laptop. I have it connected via USB. I'm waiting for THief to finish installing some stuff but until it does that how do I make my laptop recognize the DS4 as a controller?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is the spirit. I, as a normal person bought one, knowing that I won't even install it. But JaseC buys 4 of them and will never remember about it until next time it goes on sale and he's trying to buy it only to be warned about Steam that he owns a copy. Yet he'll not give up and buy it as a gift, maybe even 3 more. And throw us a face like this:

Because it's JaseC.

Thank you JaseC for being JaseC.

Haha, well, in the interest of being forthcoming, I bought the game for myself way back in 2012, when it was, seemingly out of the blue, a Daily. Bohemia having something of a fire sale now suggests to me that the licence is on its last legs. I'm sure others had similar thoughts, but I'm in it for the long haul. ;)

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Humble Indie Bundle 11 Giveaway
One more to give away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 11 -- MB-F7C6020BC2AB542D - Taken by jmizzal. 8 entrants total.

t1393622322z1.png

oipic

Project Cars (this might be the one that fits your tastes Oipic) also interests me but I might get it on console since it might be hard for me to get the best quality in my PC.

I'm still kicking myself to this very day, dear Monk, for somehow missing out on backing Project CARS - not sure what I was doing with my life at that point, or how I missed that memo, but... I simply failed to back it in time.

I understand and support the closed nature of their development and testing, but being unable to jump in now is so, so frustrating.

The_Monk

I'm still kicking myself to this very day, dear Monk, for somehow missing out on backing Project CARS - not sure what I was doing with my life at that point, or how I missed that memo, but... I simply failed to back it in time.

I understand and support the closed nature of their development and testing, but being unable to jump in now is so, so frustrating.

I have to agree, dear oipic. Back in the day, I tried to find "excuses" since, at the time I didn't even had a PC to play and even know I'm not sure I have the hardware in order for having all the eye-candy gameplay I've seen here on the P. Cars's thread. I will play it sooner or later but right now I'm thirsty for a similar game.

Thanks everyone! Reposting for this page.

-------------

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-E2C4A54D74534CFE
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-76479D482FACC68F
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-9541D9E2617A53C1
The Darkness II -- MB-DC64194F7D7F9076

t1393628980z1.png

random

Great giveaway FEN, entered for Borderlands.

Here is my humble contribution, not pictured is a late drop of the big FEZ shower from a couple of days ago.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Gentlemen! -- MB-4A5162FAA0B70399 - Taken by bornlivedie. 12 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-18310BA948E763BC - Taken by KenOD. 5 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-E5CF696A0D156C58 - Taken by spindoctor. 13 entrants total.
Arcane Worlds -- MB-D92005E509552B12 - Taken by Blitzhex. 19 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-66122E9614039C9D - Taken by Ingueferroque. 7 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-6E27714A5A2551A2 - Taken by SUBZERO-08. 2 entrants total.

t1393632537z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another 90% off game:

ARMA: Combat Operations

My only guess is that the developer-entered sales are working now. There are a lot of things selling for 90% off today, which is probably the maximum allowed discount.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
iLLCp6m2W6AIM.PNG

still on this

but I want South Park so bad. that god damn console-like price

South Park was pre-purchaseable for ~$20 for a good two weeks or so. That 3DS is doing you nothing but harm. :p If you do want the game, though, your best bet is Nuuvem (~USD$43)

Salsa

Should have jumped on the Russian deals while they lasted.

that was like ages ago

that fucking new flag is taking over :(

Tell me about that RAGE postcard you have it there. I bet you had a Rogue Legacy one and you traded it didn't you? Be honest!

they were actually part of a RAGE care package (some rage comics, a keychain, etc) amasterninja sent to me cause I fucking love RAGE and everyone else is wrong

wtf is wrong with your gamepad

I dont want STDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom