• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
So, weird thing: Roommate and I did the whole Family Sharing thing. I started up Deadlight -- which I own and have never played -- and immediately got the achievement for beating the game. I go to scene selection and it looks like there's already data there, probably my roommate's since he has played through the game. Guess I'm gonna have to talk with my roommate about this later, but I'm just really confused why I have his save data on my profile.

So I think I've given up on Thief now, it's just too boring. The ambient audio and recording quality is not even as good as say Amnesia TDD. I started off enjoying it for the cool atmosphere but I don't really see the point in finishing this game when the entire thing looks SOO similiar. Everywhere you go, the color palette is just so monotonous. Not to mention I'm sick of the canned forced animations to open everything and steal everything, and load new zones. Making that shit instant would do miles for the gameplay rather than make me think it's just time filler. This game is tedious and boring, how sad. Thief 1 was such an awesome experience way back then, I played it at launch.

Also someone please take UE3 out back and kill it.

Tellaerin

First try.

Really enjoying the game so far. Definitely worth buying for those on the fence.

You beat the game on your first try? How the heck did you start out with the Pirate class already unlocked? o_O I still haven't unlocked that.

EDIT: Or did you mean no saves, no deaths? Impressive, man!

And I agree, OWH is a lot of fun. More than worth the price.

Shade

Humble Bundle gift links. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-864AF59743F84C03 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 21 entrants total.
Jack Keane 2 The Fire Within -- MB-60CF9B077DF2294A - Taken by kudoboi. 13 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition -- MB-4D53B9548EEFC322 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 18 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-78F0D686806791F7 - Taken by Shalashaska. 9 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-F6BF06BB611BDA03 - Taken by louiedog. 17 entrants total.

t1393746346z1.png

Grief.exe

According to Bungie, "It would spread them too thin". 500 developers working on a game is only enough to release it on 4 platforms.. not 5.

lmao

Its so ridiculous you almost believe something is going on under the table.

Hundreds of millions spent and they can't afford 5-10 more people to port the game?

Hundreds of millions spent and they can't afford 5-10 more people to port the game?
To a platform that is supposed to be very similar to 2 of the ones they are already developing for, no less. I would kill for Destiny on PC.

FloatOn

I wanted to believe that worms clan wars was good but it's a piece of shit just like worms revolution.

stick with worms reloaded it's all you need on steam.

Anyone know how Riptide GP2 stack up to Hydro Thunder Hurricane? I love HTH, but RGP2 having a heritage on mobile and all. makes me automatically think it's just a stupid racing game made with gyroscope in mind so you know it has to be fairly conservative and keep the gameplay to the absolute basic.

I really hope I'm wrong though, nothing would please me more. Please tell me my assumption is wrong.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Destiny will basically be Borderlands 2 with a less infuriatingly terrible story.

I'd make a bet about it, but then I realized some of you have been tricked into thinking you liked Borderlands 2.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there any page where you can quickly see your recent message history with everyone on your friends list? Or even a list of people on your friends list you've never talked to?

Khronico

You beat the game on your first try? How the heck did you start out with the Pirate class already unlocked? o_O I still haven't unlocked that.

EDIT: Or did you mean no saves, no deaths? Impressive, man!

And I agree, OWH is a lot of fun. More than worth the price.

Yeah played one game before it.

So far the RNG gods have been VERY generous to me on OWH. Barely any hard enemies and tons of good loot. I have a feeling this may go south very soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll offer the counter point - I had the same situation with Top Gun. The packaging had a bunch of Steam logos and such, but inside the place where the CD key went was blank.

I tried contacting Valve and even provided a photo of where it said "Enter this Game Activation Key into Steam..." (blank)

After going back and forth with them for a few weeks, I still don't have Top Gun on Steam.

Yeah, I remember, hence "may". ;)

Malaussene

Neo Member
Destiny will basically be Borderlands 2 with a less infuriatingly terrible story.

I'd make a bet about it, but then I realized some of you have been tricked into thinking you liked Borderlands 2.

I really think borderlands 2 is a great coop game.. not worrying too much about the story, but destiny looks like to play (obviously) in different league

Copons

Aye, Playism is perfectly fine as online stores go

Yup, I guess I got confused by its kinda sketchy looks, but then I realized it's a site targeted to Japan, so it all make sense. :D

EDIT

I've never had any problems with it. Plus Paypal is an option for purchases.

Yay, even more perfect than!

They're the official publishers.

This didn't really answer my question. Just imagine if I had linked the EA site instead. :D

DocSeuss

The game's big on networking, and Bungie's always been big on AI. Most of that 500-person team is ART, not PROGRAMMING.

It's more reasonable that they don't want to do post-game support/worry about hosting servers and stuff for the PC. It would likely take a team of 15-30 and a few months to port. Still, they stand to make quite a bit on PC.

JaseC

I think Destiny will come to PC for sure, I'm sure they don't want to give all the pie to EA's TitanFall.

Bungie's already spouted the usual spiel about how "we'd like to do a PC version but it would stretch resources" which, as far as western developers/publishers are concerned, is always PR-speak for "There will be a PC version but we can't talk about that at this juncture."

Garcia

Thanks to you guys now I own One Way Heroics as well. As soon as I read "RPG/Roguelike" in the same paragraph while looking at those reviews I knew I couldn't possibly skip the game. Sounds very unique.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PLneBCs.png

Today-Was-a-Good-Day-Ice-Cube-Music-Video-Gif.gif

I'd have to say out of all of these, I enjoyed Prime World: Defenders the most. Really fun tower defense game, one of the best I've played since Defense Grid.

Definitely the worst game was PixelJunk Monsters.

Thanks to you guys now I own One Way Heroics as well. As soon as I read "RPG/Roguelike" in the same paragraph while looking at those reviews I knew I couldn't possibly skip the game. Sounds very unique.

One Way Heroics is great and very unique. I finished my first playthrough earlier today and I'll probably go back for more. I typically don't like Roguelikes, but this one felt fresh every time I played. There is a real sense of accomplishment you get from each round, it reminds me a lot of Rogue Legacy in that regard. If anyone reading this is even kind of on the fence about this game, it's totally worth the $2.

schuey7

Bungie's already spouted the usual spiel about how "we'd like to do a PC version but it would stretch resources" which, as far as western developers/publishers are concerned, is always PR-speak for "There will be a PC version but we can't talk about that at this juncture."

I thinks its more a case of them accepting loads of money from Sony to promote the game as a Playstation pseudo-exclusive till launch.We should here more about other versions after launch.Its frustrating to see the PC platform being treated this way but it's the norm nowadays for most console marketing exclusives.Atleast Titanfall isn't being marketed this way.

maneil99

I thinks its more a case of them accepting loads of money from Sony to promote the game as a Playstation pseudo-exclusive till launch.We should here more about other versions after launch.Its frustrating to see the PC platform being treated this way but it's the norm nowadays for most console marketing exclusives.Atleast Titanfall isn't being marketed this way.

I highly doubt sony would pay to hide a platform for a game THEY are marketing. Maybe instead of conspiracy theories we should realize the PC market isn't a huge focus for AAA devs. Something about port begging gets on my nerves.

schuey7

I highly doubt sony would pay to hide a platform for a game THEY are marketing. Maybe instead of conspiracy theories we should realize the PC market isn't a huge focus for AAA devs. Something about port begging gets on my nerves.

It's more a case of highlighting only the PS4 version by co-marketing.Also seeing that the nextgen consoles install base is still quite low I feel the Pc market can definitely contribute a good chunk of the overall sales.

JaseC

The contract leak that said it would be xbox exclusive for a year... the contract that was clearly fake and 3 years old... that contract?

The contract wasn't fake. It was made public due to the Acti-IW lawsuit.

maneil99

Yea,
According to the original contract, the first "Destiny" game would be exclusive to Xbox consoles, the 360 and its successor. "Later games" would then be multiplatform as per the original announcement, coming to the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles, as well as PC.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73...lusive-to-xbox-360-launching-in-2013-original

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ntract-20120521,0,3463781.story#axzz2unMHKRhl

It was originally going to be exclusively launched on MS systems with a possible PS3 launch a year later. Clearly things have changed somewhat.

Tizoc

Gamersgate has Dark Matter on sale, that's that one game that was incomplete and then removed from Steam right?

JaseC

Wok

A Story About My Uncle will be released on Steam this year.

A Story About My Uncle is a non-violent First-Person platform adventure game. It is a story about a boy who searches for his lost uncle and ends up in a world he couldn't imagine existed. By Gone North Games, coming summer 2014 on Steam.

http://gonenorthgames.com/

http://youtu.be/YGVbWy6zT34

Ether One will be released on March 25th.

Ether One is a first person adventure that deals with the fragility of the human mind.
There are two paths in the world you can choose from. At it’s core is a story exploration path free from puzzles where you can unfold the story at your own pace.
There is also a deeper, more adventurous path in which you can complete complex puzzles to restore life changing events of the patients history in order to help the validation of their life.
The choice is left to you.
Welcome to Pinwheel.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=96424148

http://ether-game.com/

And QBEH-1 in April.

Coreda

Is there an easy method of uploading uncompressed screenshots to Steam? I've seen some rather convoluted instructions online, but is there a simpler process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom