• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Rescue Agent Dennis! mission in Worms Armageddon is kicking my arse. I can pass it, but to get a gold medal I need to complete it twice in a row and it's this one-two punch that's proving difficult. I've put together a rather solid tactic for the level but something always goes wrong the second time around.

Tizoc

Man... I feel like Yaiba is going to be a better game than LOS2 in terms of combat. Combat in LOS2 just doesn't feel great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTTHzi_yexw

People can hate on this game all they want, but this looks awesome in my opinion. Definitely looks like a game I'll 100%.

I kinda like the combat in LoS2, but when enemies start ganging up on you and you have little time to recover it becomes a little frustrating.
Not to mention that enemies blocking your attacks are really irritating especially when breaking their block or armor takes a bunch of hits from the Chaos Fists to be able to damage them normally.

I'm making the Yaiba OT mind you, I'll put it up as early as the 11th, and I'm rather excited since I've already got a subtitle ready for it and the OT itself is quite simple.

Oh and Yaiba has Keiji Inafune working on it based on what little I read online, unless someone can refute it.

Jawmuncher

I'll try. ;)

Message Saorise and tell her to do some Regina Cosplay.
Now that would be an avatar worth everyone's time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally wrapped up Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on ePSXe. Man emulation sure is a great thing on PC. Glad that a good chuck of games will forever be playable by the masses no matter what happens.

So anyway should i jump into Nippon My Trip to Japan or Dysfunctional Systems first?
I played a bit of DS but not enough that I need to stick with it. I sorta want to go with the shortest game first.

VoidZero

Banned
I'm playing one way heroics. I like it, but the screen is incredibly tiny. Is there a way to change the resolution or increase the size of the screen?

wilflare

412 card drops remaining
116 games with drops remaining
143 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $71.59

this is gonna take a while...

Momentary

Banned
I kinda like the combat in LoS2, but when enemies start ganging up on you and you have little time to recover it becomes a little frustrating.
Not to mention that enemies blocking your attacks are really irritating especially when breaking their block or armor takes a bunch of hits from the Chaos Fists to be able to damage them normally.

I'm making the Yaiba OT mind you, I'll put it up as early as the 11th, and I'm rather excited since I've already got a subtitle ready for it and the OT itself is quite simple.

Oh and Yaiba has Keiji Inafune working on it based on what little I read online, unless someone can refute it.

Well, his company is working on it and in the latest interview vid he was giving his thoughts on the design of the game. I think that this game is going to be loads of fun. I think Ninja Gaiden purists are the ones complaining about this. Funny thing is, I've been playing Ninja Gaiden longer than most of the people complaining have been alive and I'm looking forward to this.

Jawmuncher

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT MY TAG MEANS!

Survival Panic was the tag used to promote Dino Crisis rather than the Survival Horror tag which capcom used for Resident Evil. I knew it was familiar but I couldn't quite figure it out until I was reading the wiki page. Bish sure is a crafty one.

yatesl

When did they add "Exit Game" to Big Picture Mode? This is something I've been asking for for a while, as sometimes I can't be bothered to navigate 20 menus to exit the game I'm playing.

Tizoc

Well, his company is working on it and in the latest interview vid he was giving his thoughts on the design of the game. I think that this game is going to be loads of fun. I think Ninja Gaiden purists are the ones complaining about this. Funny thing is, I've been playing Ninja Gaiden longer than most of the people complaining have been alive and I'm looking forward to this.

Coolios, I think people just need to look past the Ninja Gaiden title and just see it for being a crazy and wacky Japanese action games. The kind that would put a big stupid yet cheerful smile on your face.
Plus this is getting a PC release, few are the Japanese devs that go this route especially when its releasing alongside the PS3 and 360 versions.
It is going to be disappointing if the initial sales are poor IMHO.

I'm not expecting anything mindblowing, but from what I've seen it's gonna be a funa ction romp. Bonus points if 1 playthrough ends up being as long as MGR.

Mugatu

When did they add "Exit Game" to Big Picture Mode? This is something I've been asking for for a while, as sometimes I can't be bothered to navigate 20 menus to exit the game I'm playing.

Not sure but that is a nice feature. I really like Big Picture mode now, I wasn't so impressed at first just due mostly to a bunch of little annoyances that have been steadily fixed or improved.

Survival Panic was the tag used to promote Dino Crisis rather than the Survival Horror tag which capcom used for Resident Evil. I knew it was familiar but I couldn't quite figure it out until I was reading the wiki page. Bish sure is a crafty one.
How long did you have this tag?

Copons

Totally unrelated community question time!

My satirical website will soon ding 4 years
and 2 lawsuits :D
and I'm thinking of writing an article about abused tropes and genres of the last year or so, something like roguelike and metroidvania (or, digging more in the past, moving-boxes-puzzles and RPG big cities with barely ten citizens roaming around).

As my memory is complete crap, and as in this thread I've often seen lots of this kind of jokes going on, I wanted to ask all of you if you have something to list.

Thank you! ^^

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Why the heck does it link to Bish's twitter though?

yatesl

Not sure but that is a nice feature. I really like Big Picture mode now, I wasn't so impressed at first just due mostly to a bunch of little annoyances that have been steadily fixed or improved.

I agree. At this point, it's almost on par with the console dashboards - even more so considering there aren't any ads.

I admit that most of the time, if I know a game has saved, I just hit Alt+F4. One of the best things about the consoles is the ability to just quit out at any point, without having to wait.

This time next year, BPM will be full fledged. Just a shame everything with Steam in general is just a big web browser. It'd be nice to be able to go through achievements/DLC/community etc. without having to use the analogue sticks as a mouse.

Mugatu

What's the "good" way of using the DS3/Navigation Controller again these days?

And if you happen to be on a Mac, I think you just have to plug it in to your computer with USB, press the button and done. I wish it was that simple on PC.

Mugatu

I agree. At this point, it's almost on par with the console dashboards - even more so considering there aren't any ads.

I admit that most of the time, if I know a game has saved, I just hit Alt+F4. One of the best things about the consoles is the ability to just quit out at any point, without having to wait.

This time next year, BPM will be full fledged. Just a shame everything with Steam in general is just a big web browser. It'd be nice to be able to go through achievements/DLC/community etc. without having to use the analogue sticks as a mouse.

And, IMO at least, it is a very pleasant/beautiful - I don't have an Xbone or a PS4 so I can't compare to those but it's so responsive compared to teh 360/PS3 as well.

One of the reasons I can't wait to try out the Steam controller - see if I can play with no keyboard/mouse in plain sight at all.

Kaleinc

Banned
Supposedly. I still believe that this is a little while lie designed to encourage crafting.

This is only true in that every time you craft a badge a booster pack for that game is created and distributed to somebody in the community. Your chance of getting one only depends on your level and how many you are eligible for. This video explains it in detail http://youtu.be/XP1vDaCMiYs
In theory yes but reality is booster pack will drop in 60% of the cases after crafting. If you craft once in a couple of days/weeks at least.

Jawmuncher

Why the heck does it link to Bish's twitter though?

Small price to pay for a tag. Though I think it's related to the fact that Bish worked on Turok 2008, which I have talked about quite a lot on GAF. I suppose he gave me the Tag related to DC since I always have that avatar.

How long did you have this tag?
I got it around the RE6 PC release which was march of last year, so basically a year.
Which is kinda bad that I didn't know what it meant :X. But I know why i got it, made quite a few Turok 2008 Threads (Which i'm a huge fan of) and didn't know until later that Bish had helped make.

Kaizen

bought RPG Maker VX ace. is there a way to display it in my game list? it's the only software I own on steam and it's kind of annoying that I have to switch between lists all the time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
bought RPG Maker VX ace. is there a way to display it in my game list? it's the only software I own on steam and it's kind of annoying that I have to switch between lists all the time.

I believe you have to make your own group to do that, as in a group to display in your library. But that's not -technically- your game list, so guess no to the question.

Small price to pay for a tag. Though I think it's related to the fact that Bish worked on Turok 2008, which I have talked about quite a lot on GAF. I suppose he gave me the Tag related to DC since I always have that avatar.

I got it around the RE6 PC release which was march of last year, so basically a year.
Which is kinda bad that I didn't know what it meant :X. But I know why i got it, made quite a few Turok 2008 Threads (Which i'm a huge fan of) and didn't know until later that Bish had helped make.

Least you get to rock the dino love, I always thought if I ever got a tag it'd be about the ungodly amount of time I spend talking about horror games, but instead it was for my extravagant giveaways. Guess I can't complain, I get to be modern oil lord.

SparkTR

Finally wrapped up Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on ePSXe. Man emulation sure is a great thing on PC. Glad that a good chuck of games will forever be playable by the masses no matter what happens.

They also had native PC versions, which for some reason aren't on Steam.

XxCGSxX

Can someone from Puerto Rico using steam tell me what the fuck is going on? Steam thinks I'm from fucking Europe, I get PEGI ratings, I want to buy South Park, so this is holding me back scared of getting a censored version or something. For some confusing reason, games show up with the USA release date, BUT I get PEGI ratings. At the same time, Random game not available in Europe isn't available! So I don't know which region I am getting games from!
Summary: US release dates, PEGI rating instead of ESRB, random game not available in Europe doesn't show up.
Fucking help GAF, pissed off, can't find anything online recently about this, other Puerto rican users have been having this problem since 2011 but I can't find anything recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom