• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy method of uploading uncompressed screenshots to Steam? I've seen some rather convoluted instructions online, but is there a simpler process?

I think this is the simplest:
Screenshot%202014-03-02%2012.54.21.png
But with some automation you can get it done too:
Upload screenshots with Steam Overlay UI

Kadin

Edit: The new GamersGate Dailies are:
- 50% off Dark Matter ($3.75; seemingly a price mistake as the base price is $15 on Steam)
- 50% off Football Manager 2014 ($25)
- 66% off Farming Simulator 2013: Titanium Edition ($9.52)
I am really, REALLY tempted to check out Football Manager. It's always towards the top of the Steam charts for activity and gets so much praise. Yet I've watched some clips on YT and I'm just not seeing it. But at 50% off, I might still bite.

Coreda

I think this is the simplest:

But with some automation you can get it done too:
Upload screenshots with Steam Overlay UI

From looking into more about ShareX it appears this relates to uploading to a regular image host, rather than directly to Steam officially. Seems like a brilliant capture tool though, so I might install it :)

Apparently there is no way to upload your own .png screenshots to Steam apart from rather hacky ways. Oh well.

Tizoc

A Story About My Uncle will be released on Steam this year.

Ether One will be released on March 25th.

And QBEH-1 in April.

These games interest me, will keep an eye on them.

My giveaways ended, so congrats to the winners, YianG, I will send you the Ikaruga copy via Steam once I get back home in 12ish hours (at work as I type this).

The number of entrants for my giveaway were quite interesting XP.

Ragona

Hello GAF :)
Im looking for a cool skin for steam i dont really have any special desires or prefeared themes... could you recommend me one or two ?

MRORANGE

- Steamworks allows devs to set their own prices for games.
- Family sharing is now for everyone.

Anything else that occured this week? (I already know about the fake vr rumour)

Thorgal

Just for final confirmation :

The steam version of south park is uncensored everywhere across the EU sans Germany ,correct ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just for final confirmation :

The steam version of south park is uncensored everywhere across the EU sans Germany ,correct ?

Austria gets the German version, too. Well, at least as far as copies bought through Steam directly are concerned. Austrian retail keys may be ROW ones.

- Steamworks allows devs to set their own prices for games.
- Family sharing is now for everyone.

Anything else that occured this week? (I already know about the fake vr rumour)

New-ish scamming/phishing method using SSFN file, which holds your post Steam Guard authentication information or something like that.

Wow, I posted faster than JaseC, I assume Australian Winter froze him.
Anyway, Steam has a set of Account Security Recommendations over here.

I guess adding this stuff to OP may help someone if we all act as if people reads it anymore with this posting speed on Steam threads.

Also my personal warning, carefully read the urls and if an offer is too good to be true it is.

derExperte

Can we talk about why everyone who loves intelligent puzzles should stop ignoring Tetrobot? My brain is cooking here, the tasks, while based on easy and logical rules, can be brutal when going for all three golden blocks but it hasn't become frustrating yet thanks to a limitless rewind function, new mechanics every chapter, being able to jump around if stuck and the great presentation (high quality indie music strikes again). Really impressed right now.

And Stick it to The Man! is (and looks) cool too while much, much easier. Great pair to play alongside.

wilflare

It especially happens if you use the client, since it is the client which creates that SSFN file. But Steam will send you to your default browser when you click to an outside link, in this case to the phishing site asking for your Username/Password and the SSFN file.

They can also try to confuse you with a link like this one.

I see.. I remember reading it in this thread... and saw something like a trade request... so I've been avoiding it now ><

nicjac

Hey guys,

as I do not yet have room for an additional monitor in my flat, I am currently using a 42" 1080p Samsung LCD as my main screen. It works fine as I have one of those 'gaming chairs' low on the ground and I can use the coffee table as a surface for the mouse. It is not ideal but definitely workable for now.

To best accommodate this setup, I need to invest in a wireless keyboard and mouse. I know that most gamers do not want wireless (mostly because of latency and battery life I assume?) but I don't really have to choice for now.

I was wondering if you guys had recommendations? From what I have read, the Logitech K750 and K800 seem pretty good. For the mice I am not sure, so much choice out there. I suppose having 2 Logitech devices would make it easier as they can share the same USB dongle thingie.

MRORANGE

I think you can use this one.
Not really detailed but would help.
But basically anything looking like this is suspicious.

Wow, I posted faster than JaseC, I assume Australian Winter froze him.
Anyway, Steam has a set of Account Security Recommendations over here.

I guess adding this stuff to OP may help someone if we all act as if people reads it anymore with this posting speed on Steam threads.

Also my personal warning, carefully read the urls and if an offer is too good to be true it is.

Cool, thanks, will add all the info to the OP later today.

kudoboi

so what happened to this
AEEBA308C6B5412AC9A238F0E06C6903E863F1EB

or this

i know family sharing was only meant for family members but i want to share them with my friends but i don't really feel secure letting them play any game they want especially online games that can get my VAC banned

JaseC

so what happened to this
AEEBA308C6B5412AC9A238F0E06C6903E863F1EB

or this

i know family sharing was only meant for family members but i want to share them with my friends but i don't really feel secure letting them play any game they want especially online games that can get my VAC banned

Requesting access on a per-game basis was never set to be a feature; the message you're seeing is what is displayed when someone has authorised a system but not a particular account:

familysharingzmoqq.jpg

The security is as good as it can get. Steam would prefer that we all bought MP games instead of sharing them, a lot easier for them.
Benjamin Franklin said:
Distrust and caution are the parents of security.

JaseC

So I guess the next logical question is... how many games does Jasec have on his secondary account?

Hah, just the Counter-Strikes and a few other Valve games. I only made an alt because I was unjustly banned from my preferred CS:S server. ;)

So I guess the next logical question is... how many games does Jasec have on his secondary account?

The answer is "nofuckingidea2" but I can only assume that he is using that one to demo and to stockpile licensed games in inventory because he already reached the inventory level and he probably has accounts to 10.
Also "unjustly banned"!

JaseC

The answer is "nofuckingidea2" but I can only assume that he is using that one to demo and to stockpile licensed games in inventory because he already reached the inventory level and he probably has accounts to 10.
Also "unjustly banned"!

I killed somebody through a floor. The admin present at the time assumed I was wallhacking but in truth I saw the other player's foot clip through the geometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom