• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Rescue Agent Dennis! mission in Worms Armageddon is kicking my arse. I can pass it, but to get a gold medal I need to complete it twice in a row and it's this one-two punch that's proving difficult. I've put together a rather solid tactic for the level but something always goes wrong the second time around.

I finally did it:

2014-03-03_00001irkx4.jpg

Can someone from Puerto Rico using steam tell me what the fuck is going on? Steam thinks I'm from fucking Europe, I get PEGI ratings, I want to buy South Park, so this is holding me back scared of getting a censored version or something. For some confusing reason, games show up with the USA release date, BUT I get PEGI ratings. At the same time, Random game not available in Europe isn't available! So I don't know which region I am getting games from!
Summary: US release dates, PEGI rating instead of ESRB, random game not available in Europe doesn't show up.
Fucking help GAF, pissed off, can't find anything online recently about this, other Puerto rican users have been having this problem since 2011 but I can't find anything recent.

I don't know why Valve is lumping PR in with Europe as far as the ratings logos are concerned, but the only European countries in which South Park is censored in any way are Germany and Austria (Nazi references disallowed). Rest assured, though, that PR is concerned part of America -- for example, your store has the US Age of Conan DLC.

ngt

Has anything changed with gifts on Steam? It seems I can't remove the "redeemer" part anymore or Steam will display an error message.

Ezalc

Does anybody know a site where I can check how many keys a game is worth to trade for? I don't know if that's permitted to talk about here or not I don't think there would be a problem..

XxCGSxX

I don't know why Valve is lumping PR in with Europe as far as the ratings logos are concerned, but the only European countries in which South Park is censored in any way are Germany and Austria (Nazi references disallowed). Rest assured, though, that PR is concerned part of America -- for example, your store has the US Age of Conan DLC.
Oh that does show up on my steam store! So this means I will be getting the US version of South Park and any other game I buy right?

JaseC

Has anything changed with gifts on Steam? It seems I can't remove the "redeemer" part anymore or Steam will display an error message.

Yeah, I just ran a test and got the same thing.

Does anybody know a site where I can check how many keys a game is worth to trade for? I don't know if that's permitted to talk about here or not I don't think there would be a problem..

The best you can do is just search for existing listings to get a sense of how much people are willing to pay. Sometimes this is easy, such as when Motor Rock was pulled and I just kept an eye on listings until I saw people offering up to 25 keys, but it can be harder when there's nothing pertaining to the particular game you're selling -- for example, I'm the only one selling Early Access subs for TMQFEL so I just put them up at 20 keys as people were buying the non-F2P version of GCI for 15 (no bites yet but this is to be expected as I'm targeting a tiny niche).

Oh that does show up on my steam store! So this means I will be getting the US version of South Park and any other game I buy right?

Well, technically there's nothing preventing publishers from lumping together a mix of countries (see South Park's Aussie sub, for example), but, yes, by default PR is considered part of America despite the use of PEGI rating images.

Ezalc

The best you can do is just search for existing listings to get a sense of how much people are willing to pay. Sometimes this is easy, such as when Motor Rock was pulled and I just kept an eye on listings until I saw people offering up to 25 keys, but it can be harder when there's nothing pertaining to the particular game you're selling -- for example, I'm the only one selling Early Access subs for TMQFEL so I just put them up at 20 keys as people were buying the non-F2P version of GCI for 15 (no bites yet but this is to be expected as I'm targeting a tiny niche).

Listing where though, I just kind of want to know how many keys a few games are worth each: Ikaruga, Samurai Gunn, Strider, and Mercenary Kings.

Jawmuncher

They also had native PC versions, which for some reason aren't on Steam.

Capcom is sitting on a gold mine of classics in general. But it's odd the amount of PC games they are just ignoring. Especially considering a ton of them are classics.
RE 1-3, DC 1&2, and Breath of Fiver IV just to name a few. Hopefully the sales of RE4 HD on PC has given them interest in releasing other older games.

Anteater

I think I'm enjoying syberia 2 a bit less than 1, feels like I'm not exactly learning anything new, it's just that the first game didn't really end the story and I need to get to the ending with the sequel, but somehow it's been nothing but fillers so far.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I'm enjoying syberia 2 a bit less than 1, feels like I'm not exactly learning anything new, it's just that the first game didn't really end the story and I need to get to the ending with the sequel, but somehow it's been nothing but fillers so far.

I enjoyed a lot of the puzzles in Syberia 2, but yes, it feels like Syberia 1 tells you 90% of the story and Syberia 2 tells you 10%. Also, not to ruin your day or anything, but Syberia 2 doesn't really get you to an ending. I mean, it sort of does, but it's basically a setup for Syberia 3. :p

Jawmuncher

Gotta say Go Go Nippon is the way to go if you're planning a trip to japan or just want to know more of the culture in a nonboring way. Looks like this game will be my trip to japan until I can finally actually go.

Prodigal

Banned
Is there a different/easier way to view which of your games can drop cards than clicking on "Badges" under your profile name? I feel like some of the games that have cards don't show up in there sometimes.

Anteater

I enjoyed a lot of the puzzles in Syberia 2, but yes, it feels like Syberia 1 tells you 90% of the story and Syberia 2 tells you 10%. Also, not to ruin your day or anything, but Syberia 2 doesn't really get you to an ending. I mean, it sort of does, but it's basically a setup for Syberia 3. :p

oh man what did I get myself into, tell me there's a 3 being made, I don't want to be one of those shenmue fans :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
oh man what did I get myself into, tell me there's a 3 being made, I don't want to be one of those shenmue fans :p

It is being made, yes! So your timing is good, because if you played Syberia II in 2004 you'd probably be pretty pissed having to wait ten or more years!

JaseC

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that Twitch Plays Pokemon (Red) is over, I can post here once again. And hopefully play a bunch of games too. Sadly I won't finish Arkham City before South Park is out, so I don't know which one to play.

I am still waiting for Depth Hunter to be released on Steam but it has been greenlit for like 10 months already and the last news was before they were Greenlit IIRC.

wazoo

Gray Matter is published by Viva on GamersGate so it's probably the company to talk to regarding a Steam release. Both Haunted and Venetica are still listed as DTP games, strangely.

Viva is also listed for Haunted on Amazon.com. They probably do not own international rights.

JaseC

Viva is also listed for Haunted on Amazon.com. They probably do not own international rights.

Well, obviously DTP doesn't actually publish Haunted and Venetica anywhere because DTP no longer exists. ;)

The_Monk

Managed to grab some time and played a bit more of Binary Domain. I'm having so much fun with this game right now, there's a lot attention to the little details in this game, specially in the city area. Only 3 hours in but I can't wait to play more of it.

JaseC

I know DTP is still listed as the publisher of Venetica and Haunted on GamersGate; I said as much just before. That can't be the case, though, because DTP is defunct. It's probably Viva in truth, at least as far as Haunted is concerned, since you said that it's listed as the publisher on Amazon.

Edit: Oh, we're on the same page. ;) As I ninja-edited into my post above, I've contacted Deck13 regarding Steam releases so we'll see what it has to say.

Garcia

Now that I've died 5 times in One Way Heroics I'm finally beginning to understand the mechanics and rules of the game. I kept hindering my progress by trying to grab all the items I found; big mistake since you have a limited weight load, which forces you to make important decisions every single time you find a bag, a chest or scattered loot in the overworld. You have to die at least 3 or 4 times before you begin to understand the depth of the game so don't feel too overwhelmed.

It is a very refreshing mix of genres. As jshackles already mentioned a few pages ago:

One Way Heroics is great and very unique. I finished my first playthrough earlier today and I'll probably go back for more. I typically don't like Roguelikes, but this one felt fresh every time I played. There is a real sense of accomplishment you get from each round, it reminds me a lot of Rogue Legacy in that regard. If anyone reading this is even kind of on the fence about this game, it's totally worth the $2.

/ /

Good to hear you enjoyed it too. :') Yeah, Symphonia in retrospect isn't that great. Although the battle system is fun, the plot is kind of... stupid? If it wasn't my first Tales game, I probably wouldn't remember much about it either. I enjoyed Destiny and Phantasia over it, even though those battle systems are much worse.

I think it had more to do with how the characters and their roles were portrayed. I felt all of them to be pretty void of any charisma. The story per se isn't too bad, it was just underwhelmingly delivered.

Legendia made me feel a connection between some of its cast members. I loved the sense of humor of Grune and how things turned up for her in the end. I might replay it once more later this year. . . It's been a long, long while.

Volimar

So, I finally crafted another badge and got a 90% off Tank Universal making it a $0.50 game. Picked it up. Is it any good?

Turfster

Fuck "plot-relevant" acting like a stupid idiot and making yourself visible for the same reasons in Thief.
Also, the stat tracking is broken as fuck.

Amazon has Hearts of Iron III for 2.49$

FloatOn

Managed to grab some time and played a bit more of Binary Domain. I'm having so much fun with this game right now, there's a lot attention to the little details in this game, specially in the city area. Only 3 hours in but I can't wait to play more of it.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's one of my favorite 3rd person shooters ever. For an action game it actually has a really great story.

Dr Dogg

Well Resi 4 knocked out in the space of a weekend. It's been a while since I've played a game from start to finish and not got bored and gone to play something else. 9 years old and still a corker.

wazoo

Well Resi 4 knocked out in the space of a weekend. It's been a while since I've play a game from start to finish and not got bored to play something else. 9 years old and still a corker.

It is the CasaBlanca of gaming, just with more guns.

Tellaerin

So, I finally crafted another badge and got a 90% off Tank Universal making it a $0.50 game. Picked it up. Is it any good?

It's a decidedly low-fi, Tron-esque tank game with objective-based gameplay and a story that might be described as "quirky". I didn't end up playing very far into it before getting distracted by other things. You might want to mess around with it if you're bored and don't have anything in your backlog demanding your attention, but I wouldn't make it a priority. (And this is coming from the guy with the Tron: Legacy avatar. Take that as you will.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom