• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

It's so disheartening trying to sell things for 3 and 4 cents.

It's a decidedly low-fi, Tron-esque tank game with objective-based gameplay and a story that might be described as "quirky". I didn't end up playing very far into it before getting distracted by other things. You might want to mess around with it if you're bored and don't have anything in your backlog demanding your attention, but I wouldn't make it a priority. (And this is coming from the guy with the Tron: Legacy avatar. Take that as you will.)

e6csbGN.gif

Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
None of them will fill the void of wheelman

When I sell my Pat & Mat spares, 80 keys will go towards finding a copy of Wheelman. Surely someone somewhere has a spare and is just waiting for somebody like me to pay a ridiculous amount for it. ;)

Tenrius

Does anyone else think that the original Bioshock was maybe a bit too long? I'm replaying it (on the PS3, but whatever) and it feels like it's dragging on way too much. That might have something to do with me playing on Hard and doing a no vita chambers run, but still. I think it would be better if the game ended like halfway through Hephaestus.

Garcia

Does anyone else think that the original Bioshock was maybe a bit too long? I'm replaying it (on the PS3, but whatever) and it feels like it's dragging on way too much. That might have something to do with me playing on Hard and doing a no vita chambers run, but still. I think it would be better if the game ended like halfway through Hephaestus.

Haha, I love the timing of some posts!

Yes, I agree with you. I've been playing (PS3) Bioshock 1 on Survivor mode and the game definitely drags way too long. Once you gather all the ingredients for the Lazarus Vector the game loses all of its momentum. The whole Sander Cohen arc feels completely unnecessary and it only hinders your progress.

I feel the game is 2-3 hours too long. They could have shortened some areas and the benefits would be substantial.

Miker

I totally agree. I feel like everything after the big twist was an interminable chore. It kind of highlighted how the entire game up until that point had been "go here, do this," and then /after/ the twist, it's still "go here, do this/grab this," and it became a huge chore.

JaseC

We should have an "Ask JaseC" thread where you just answer questions about Steam :) jshackles could be your sidekick.

We could go on capers together while we travel the digital world in search of copies of Wheelman and Top Gun.

We could go on capers together while we travel the digital world in search the digital world for copies of Wheelman and Top Gun.

I actually interviewed at Midway Newcastle while they were working on Wheelman, and was offered a job. I should find a rip in space-time to the dimension where I accepted the job, grab a Steam key, and bring it back for you.

JaseC

I actually interviewed at Midway Newcastle while they were working on Wheelman, and was offered a job. I should find a rip in space-time to the dimension where I accepted the job, grab a Steam key, and bring it back for you.

Knowing my luck Steam would tell me that it's already been used. :p

Where In The World Is Gaben Sandiego?

I'd buy that game.

Tellaerin

I'd buy that game.

You playing a "find the rare Steam games" game would be like a bus driver playing Bus Simulator 2013. I'm just imagining you pointing out to everyone how unrealistic it is and how it fails to capture the real collecting experience. ;)

Garcia

It kind of highlighted how the entire game up until that point had been "go here, do this," and then /after/ the twist, it's still "go here, do this/grab this," and it became a huge chore.

Especially with that huge arrow pointing to your next objective.

I mean, I really enjoy the atmosphere and the story of Bioshock but the linearity does break part of its charm.

Salsa

I should start Shadowrun

but once im done with Rising I should actually go back and finish Arkham Origins (considering they wont bother with patches anymore) I guess..

I should start Shadowrun

but once im done with Rising I should actually go back and finish Arkham Origins (considering they wont bother with patches anymore) I guess..

I haven't really run into anything that needed patch so far -- only a weird thing where physics went a bit wonky during the first fight with the martial arts master enemy type.

Tenrius

Haha, I love the timing of some posts!

Yes, I agree with you. I've been playing (PS3) Bioshock 1 on Survivor mode and the game definitely drags way too long. Once you gather all the ingredients for the Lazarus Vector the game loses all of its momentum. The whole Sander Cohen arc feels completely unnecessary and it only hinders your progress.

I feel the game is 2-3 hours too long. They could have shortened some areas and the benefits would be substantial.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that was exactly the spot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, its seems I have gotten a Russian Version of Rayman Legends in a trade. Any way I can activate it in the US, or should I just find some Russian to pawn it off on?

JaseC

So, its seems I have gotten a Russian Version of Rayman Legends in a trade. Any way I can activate it in the US, or should I just find some Russian to pawn it off on?

The post-release RU sub is region-locked at the runtime level, so unless you want to run a VPN every time you go to load the game up I'd just sell it to an Eastern European user and make most of your money back.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The post-release RU sub is region-locked at the runtime level, so unless you want to run a VPN every time you go to load the game up I'd just sell it to an Eastern European user and make most of your money back.

Oh well. The thing was basically free, so I'm that upset. Plus, I got a bunch of other games too.

The site Dota2WH is closing up shop, and I had a shit ton of points on it (I got like $350 worth of points for a $2 item several months back), so I got a dozen games from them that I never really felt like paying for. Lost Planet 1, two copies of Lost Planet 2 (Heard its only good in co-op), Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, Bionic Commando, Europa 4, Sonic Adventure 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, DmC, Antichamber, Risk of Rain, Long Live The Queen, and the RU Rayman Legends.

Any suggested place to sell it? Think I could get someone on gaf to take it for $5?

rtcn63

Oh well. The thing was basically free, so I'm that upset. Plus, I got a bunch of other games too.

The site Dota2WH is closing up shop, and I had a shit ton of points on it (I got like $350 worth of points for a $2 item several months back), so I got a dozen games from them that I never really felt like paying for. Lost Planet 1, two copies of Lost Planet 2 (Heard its only good in co-op), Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, Bionic Commando, Europa 4, Sonic Adventure 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, DmC, Antichamber, Risk of Rain, Long Live The Queen, and the RU Rayman Legends.

Any suggested place to sell it? Think I could get someone on gaf to take it for $5?

Maybe? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743986

Knurek

So, kind of a serious question - with the ongoing situation in Crimea, do you think that if things escalate, US government can force Valve to disable (temporarily?) all RU accounts?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, kind of a serious question - with the ongoing situation in Crimea, do you think that if things escalate, US government can force Valve to disable (temporarily?) all RU accounts?

It's not very likely. The only way that the US government could make this happen would be if the US imposed a trade embargo on Russia, which would mean that Valve would no longer be able to do business there. Meaning - Russians wouldn't be able to purchase games on Steam.

While this wouldn't necessarily mean that your account would be disabled, it would be increasingly hard for Valve to maintain server infrastructure to support RU users if such an embargo existed. Because of this, they may disable accounts or they may not.

Again, this is like "worst case scenario" and not very likely.

EDIT: Come to think of it, if there were a trade embargo they would have to restrict the community marketplace as well.

Anteater

d-pads bruh.

Why are you playing a 2D game with analog?

man I really have no idea, it just felt better and I thought it worked well, my dualshock is just old! I'll try the dpad

edit: NOW, my 360 analog stick with that top left analog drift can go to hell. Playing Guacamelee is hard because he's always trying to uppercut.

yea that's my problem, dude keeps doing stuff I don't want him to do at the worst possible time

Hesemonni

Banned
That's how I play all my 2D games. It's fine.

edit: NOW, my 360 analog stick with that top left analog drift can go to hell. Playing Guacamelee is hard because he's always trying to uppercut.
Obviously, you're doing things wrong and should feel horrible about it.

Then again, having first played Guacamelee on Vita's dpad I couldn't even think of doing some of the stuff on 360's dpad. Let's just say that there are controller options around...

Grief.exe

Obviously, you're doing things wrong and should feel horrible about it.

Then again, having first played Guacamelee on Vita's dpad I couldn't even think of doing some of the stuff on 360's dpad. Let's just say that there are controller options around...

The 360's D-pad is the stuff of nightmares.

Nabs

I think I'm going to try my arcade stick with Guacamelee and Volgarr. Will report back.

The 360 D-Pad was the toughest part of my Dark Souls playthrough.

Daily FTL 66% off

I was going to post:

GO! GO! GO!

Snap up the best gameon Steam before they release the updated version soon!

but then when I looked at the store page, Enhanced Steam told me that 90 of my 99 friends already owned it and the nine remaining didn't have it on their wishlist.

However, if anyone has still not picked up FTL and think that it might float their boat then I could not recommend it more heartily :).

I think with most of the games censored Germans developed a different taste in gaming:
Non-Gaming

AAA[A] gaems?

Tizoc

Hmm humble store has SR4+Season Pass for $20, any chance the SR4 Goty EDItion can go cheaper than this during the Winter Seal?

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros -- MB-AB98FFF794084A0E - Taken by zeroOman

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom