• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's so disheartening trying to sell things for 3 and 4 cents.

e6csbGN.gif

Thanks.

I should make this gif my desktop backgroud

guess dpad was better!

It is, absolutely.

That was the most frustrating part to me, because they tried to pull the precision-based difficulty of something like Super Meat Boy but I always felt that it lacked that level precision, especially with a keyboard, but even with a pad. Still a great, great game, though.

fuck this place

and fuck this analog stick

man I really have no idea, it just felt better and I thought it worked well, my dualshock is just old! I'll try the dpad

yea that's my problem, dude keeps doing stuff I don't want him to do at the worst possible time

There's a trick to that section which makes it really easy... let me stare at the picture and see if i can remember how to do it.

guess dpad was better!

Orrrrr.... nevermind. Good jorb.

Have you gotten the chac mool piece in the mountains with the disappearing timed platforms?

From what Jshackles has been saying, the client is based on some really outdated web standards and just loads a standard webpage.

The entire thing needs to be rewritten in order to bring it to an acceptable level of performance.

so like Source?

except for the performance problems

Parsnip

So what's the word on those Logitech F710 controllers?
Seems like my 360 controller B button is getting stuck every once in a while. Planning to open it up and see if there's anything I can do to it, but in case I can't, I guess I would need a new one. I'd default to another 360 controller, but I suppose I should consider other options as well.
I've had some bad experiences with Wireless Logitech stuff in the past, something about my environment just really destroys the range on my mouse, for example. Yet the 360 controller on the same range is just fine.

Any thoughts?

I imagine DS4 is one option as well.

Seems like my 360 controller B button is getting stuck every once in a while. Planning to open it up and see if there's anything I can do to it, but in case I can't, I guess I would need a new one. I'd default to another 360 controller, but I suppose I should consider other options as well.
I've had some bad experiences with Wireless Logitech stuff in the past, something about my environment just really destroys the range on my mouse, for example. Yet the 360 controller on the same range is just fine.

Any thoughts?

I have the f310,the wired version of that. it's decent,the dpad is better than i expected. only complaint is that it feels cheap. The face buttons,bumpers and dpad.

From what Jshackles has been saying, the client is based on some really outdated web standards and just loads a standard webpage.

The entire thing needs to be rewritten in order to bring it to an acceptable level of performance.
Well, here's hoping that someday he finally gets hired by them.

Matchew

Any thoughts?

I've been using the DS4 and with the few games I have used it has been flawless. But I still think a wired 360 control is the way to go because of the in game buttons. But if you've used the 360 controller before it easy to recognize the buttons.

Grief.exe

I've been using the DS4 and with the few games I have used it has been flawless. But I still think a wired 360 control is the way to go because of the in game buttons. But if you've used the 360 controller before it easy to recognize the buttons.

Developers have to start including the DS4 and Steam controller button assets with the game. Allow us to toggle which style of controller we are using through the menus.

Seeing different prompts than the controller you are using makes for a confusing experience. Takes me out of the game.

Arthea

Catzilla really has to be a game, it's plain horrible that it isn't. Why use a name like this if not for a game?

On unrelated note, when Space Rangers were on sale if ever?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does anyone not own Portal 1? I have a gift copy in my inventory and literally every single account on my friends list that has been active in the last 365 days owns the game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Does anyone not own Portal 1? I have a gift copy in my inventory and literally every single account on my friends list that has been active in the last 365 days owns the game.

Would you kindly send me your gift copy? :p

Nabs

Is Guacamelee that much better with a proper d-pad? I didn't have too many issues with just the stick on my 360 pad.

It's fine on the 360 stick as long as you're not dealing with horrible drifting. I'm trying to increase the dead zone to fix this problem.

I haven't tried it with a good d-pad, but that's next on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom