• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
MickeyKnox just gifted me a copy of this game a few days ago. I think I'll play it after I get done playgin The Witcher.

doo eet

you'll be happy forever

It's not a great or even good example of an adaptation of literature but it's well-acted (Marky Mark aside), well-shot and well-directed. I grew a soft spot for it after watching the Filming The Lovely Bones documentary that comes with the SE BD; Jackson really thought he was putting together something special so I can't help but feel a little bad for him that the film turned out and the way it did and was received so harshly by critics and audiences alike.

Fun fact: Saoirse would have made Oscar history if she were nominated for her performance.
Which she should have been.
hmm

well whatever then :p

I'll just play more xenosaga...

already found shion's swimsuit!

KarmaCow

Loudout looks alright but I have no idea why it taxes my 460 so much. I can't think of too many games that makes it run as hot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Playing FFXIV has made me realize that I need to upgrade my graphics card, any suggestions?

I've been playing on my Radeon HD 7850 and it's been fine. It's a pretty mid-range card from about a year ago.

Might be about time to upgrade mine to a GTX 750 ti.

Finally made it on GAF. I've been PC gaming for few years now and upon finding out about this beautiful community, I knew I had to be a part of it.

After many months of intense lurking and checking my e-mail, I finally received the golden ticket. I'm really excited to be able to voice my controversial and ultimately useless opinions along with the best of them.

/awkwardfirstpost

Milamber

Dammit Dupy, I love Marvel LEGO! Thanks again but it is severely cutting into my SteamGAF time.

I'm afraid to ask, did I miss any Ubi pricing mistakes?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally made it on GAF. I've been PC gaming for few years now and upon finding out about this beautiful community, I knew I had to be a part of it.

After many months of intense lurking and checking my e-mail, I finally received the golden ticket. I'm really excited to be able to voice my controversial and ultimately useless opinions along with the best of them.

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome, fresh blood friend!

Dammit Dupy, I love Marvel LEGO! Thanks again but it is severely cutting into my SteamGAF time.

I'm afraid to ask, did I miss any Ubi pricing mistakes?

You did not.

/awkwardfirstpost
Welcome! Now you can lurk and actually be able to click the post new reply button, if you ever choose to do so for some insane reason. :D

zkylon

zkylewd

/awkwardfirstpost

now the wait for neogaf gold begins

kurahador

So you get the full console experience.

Pretty sure the game ran alot better on my ps3.

I was of the impression it actually ran pretty well. What are your specs?

Yeah, specs would be helpful, depending on what they are it might just be expected. I have to admit I get this in some Unreal games too though. Some are worse than others. Like, Bioshock 1/2: slower texture streaming, but I never get FPS dips. DmC: seemingly faster streaming (never see any pop-in on textures), but I get extremely bad hitches when loading in new things. I'd rather have texture pop-in than have the game saturate my puny laptop 'VRAM' bandwidth every time it loads stuff in-game. Unfortunately I can't control that :p

Specs? FInished it last week and it ran buttery smooth for me from start to end.

E8400 OC-ed to 3.5
6GB RAM
1600x900 res

Put everything to max in the setting, though I think the res stays the same.
And those lines in the shadows, urghhh.

Grief.exe

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome! Always great to add more members to the community.

hmm

well whatever then :p

I'll just play more xenosaga...

already found shion's swimsuit!

Zkylon, I got Xenosaga III today for $5!

IJWKQlC.jpg

Still waiting over here. . .

Like this one? I want to make sure that I'm getting a good graphics card that's going to last me for a while (I'm not a huge graphics nut, so I won't be upgrading it every year, I just need something to play newer titles on)

"Believe The Tags"

I'd go for the 750 ti if you can find it, it's about $30 on average more but it's performance is much better. Also, if you could find a 660ti that'd give you more longevity than the 750 ti. But for the price the 750 ti benchmarks really really well.

Milamber

If the average was lower, I'd grab it for My Girlfriend Is The President (already have Seduce Me from Amazon).

Believe it or not (♪ I'm walking on air ♫), I still haven't played My Girlfriend Is The President. I should play that sometime.

Don't have Dinner Date though.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'd go for the 750 ti if you can find it, it's about $30 on average more but it's performance is much better. Also, if you could find a 660ti that'd give you more longevity than the 750 ti. But for the price the 750 ti benchmarks really really well.

Thanks for the advice! I get my paycheck here at the end of month, so I know what I'm treating myself to!

E8400 OC-ed to 3.5
6GB RAM
1600x900 res

With that setup what are you expecting?

E8400 and less so the 6770 are lower end hardware. I wouldn't expect you could play a ton of games maxed out that released in the last 2 years. I imagine you can play almost all games, but you'd have to lower settings. You are expecting your hardware to do more than it's capable. I wouldn't blame the game on that one. I'd say either lower your settings from max, or buy newer tech.

I really wanted to like Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (obviously got it in HIB11) but i just can't, it's just too frustrating. I like the visuals of it, switching worlds is really cool and well done but i think Guacamelee! does it a lot better.

Are there any other platform games i should look out for that weren't in HIB11?

didamangi

E8400 OC-ed to 3.5
6GB RAM
1600x900 res

Yeah, I got those ugly shadows in some cutscenes as well, it's a bug.

Specs should be adequate enough, maybe your hard drive? Since you said long load times, fps drop on cutscenes.

/awkwardfirstpost
Welcome! Glad to have a new member here!

zkylon

zkylewd
my girlfriend's the president sounds hilarious

I still gotta play hatoful boyfriend

some day

Well, if nothing else, it's worth watching if you have nothing better to do. Maybe you'll like it overall.
nah I got better things to do

I'm going through rules of play, have like 40 movies to watch and I'm gonna want to try out xenoblade after xeno 3, not to mention the banner saga, new thief and shadowrun dlc

plus I gotta play that the last of us dlc since I heard there were lesbians in it?

tempting friend but tbh I don't really care for physical copies all that much

unless it's got a cute box or something :3

IJWKQlC.jpg

Still waiting over here. . .
hey dude it's a short list alright?

not everyone's worthy

Tellaerin

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome to the Saoirse Ronan Appreciation Society NeoGAF Steam community! :D

Garcia

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome aboard man.

/awkwardfirstpost

welcometothepartypal.gif

Keep a level head and you'll do fine here. Also, don't get caught up in the console wars. As a junior, if you get banned you're gone for good.

It's not too much more expensive, which is sweet. I'll just go with that instead

It's solid advice. The more Vram you have the better things will be all around for you.

Nabs

I really wanted to like Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (obviously got it in HIB11) but i just can't, it's just too frustrating. I like the visuals of it, switching worlds is really cool and well done but i think Guacamelee! does it a lot better.

Are there any other platform games i should look out for that weren't in HIB11?

header_292x136.jpg

Levyne

Banned

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome!

Don't get banned!

kurahador

Specs should be adequate enough, maybe your hard drive? Since you said long load times, fps drop on cutscenes.

I'm using WD black. The fps drops only happen in the beginning of an in-game cutscene though, like it's suppose to still loading but the game already tries to play it out.
Once it loads, everything is fine again.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gotta have the copy in order to emulate.
ibus4L1CbTtXV.png

one step ahead of ya ;)

I'd love to do it legal and have the cd and shit but unfortunately this economical climate isn't too friendly for my expending so I have to be very thoughtful of what I buy

basically I think the two things I'm gonna buy this year are gonna be dark souls and witcha 3. maybe watch dogs but depends on how cheap that gets.

so yea gotta save every penny :/

edit: as friendly taellerin kindly pointed out for me, it's my responsability to tell you kids not to pirate and to support your devs, specially the cool ones.

You tryin' to tell me something? ;_;

;)
ahem I've already said too much

_hekk05

Banned
Finally had enough money left over, after all the car loan applications, to get some Steam wallet money.

Ah, Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ is out. *click buys*

Milamber pls. Also leave impressions

lol what's neogaf gold? Or is it like 4chan platinum account™?

I was made a full member like only 2 months after joining, which was surprisingly fast. There are still some who joined earlier than me and are not full members yet.

oipic

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome, Ampersands, and thanks for jumping in and posting.

As you've probably seen while lurking, though, the kind folks of SteamGAF have the very best of intentions, but your wallet may suffer. Plenty of savings to be found and shared along the way too, though.

FauX

Hurry Hurry! Short Raffle Incoming!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-66A9623B1A1887CF - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Rekoil -- MB-07A4551E82FF0676 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-2668C47257EBBBA9 - Taken by animlboogy. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-9B924AC10844F881 - Taken by Almighty. 2 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-BF969BEEA9FDE2E5 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
BITTRIP Presents Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-4E2E2C09EE8EE340 - Taken by gwynplaine. 1 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-EF544BEB63B273DD - Taken by Tellaerin. 3 entrants total.

t1393132130z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom