• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish there was cross platform mulitplayer games. I remember as a kid I wished that you could play PC players from the console as I thought I was a god with the controller. I know there are people out there now that think like that, I'd like to show them they're wrong.

I wonder if/when we'll see that again, as I know that Shadowrun and that old racing game from the Dreamcast was cross-platform and not much else.
I remember being pretty good in matches with PC players in Quake 3 on Dreamcast. That was cool, although I guess pretty limiting on the PC side. I don't understand why cross-platform isn't more prevalent. For fighting games especially, it would open up the userbases for matches by a lot.

jediyoshi

Nice.... uh... helmet.

Speaking of MMO helmets

q1vAOTU.png

I remember being pretty good in matches with PC players in Quake 3 on Dreamcast. That was cool, although I guess pretty limiting on the PC side. I don't understand why cross-platform isn't more prevalent. For fighting games especially, it would open up the userbases for matches by a lot.

I don't see why it's not more prevalent, as long as you had a playlist/lobby that let a player know they were playing against PC players it'd be great as you'd know what you're getting into.
yea could be interesting,at least some co-op. Portal 2 had co-op with PS3 players.

Yeah, I forgot about that, wasn't it that if you bought it on PS3, you got a free PC copy as well? That's a hell of a bargain.

eek5

Can you give away coupons from your inventory? I've got a few I'll never use:

3 x Toki Tori 2+ - 10%
5 x Broken Age - 25%
Aqua Kitty - 30%
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians - 66%
Galcon Fusion - 75%
Iron Sky Invasion - 90%

If anyone wants one let me know!

If you can find someone that wants one, yeah. I wish I could delete mine :(

So something annoying is happening to me, I think I redeemed a key from a bundle or something back during christmas that I had to do through the Steam website and I think it was German or something. Anyhoo, from then on, anytime I go to a steamcommunity website it automagically takes me to the german version as opposed to the English one, any suggestions?

Nabs

So something annoying is happening to me, I think I redeemed a key from a bundle or something back during christmas that I had to do through the Steam website and I think it was German or something. Anyhoo, from then on, anytime I go to a steamcommunity website it automagically takes me to the german version as opposed to the English one, any suggestions?

https://steamcommunity.com/home?l=english you can change your language settings at the top of the page

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wasn't it Anno, Trials and something else though?

Trials, yes, but I don't think anything else listed was 75% off.

on gog, there is no activation, so use VPN if you care about price.

Even if this is would work, it's easily overcome by, for instance, cross-checking a user's nominated billing info against the location as reported by their IP. It's impossible to purchase from Steam without a valid payment method in the region you're trying to purchase from; anybody who thinks Humble/GOG/whoever-else won't follow suit if necessary is deluding themselves.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hey somebody took my 3 useless super monday night combat beta passes haha.

Ha, that's much better than what I could get with all the useless Killing Floor guest passes I kept getting.

Now aye, you should always try to give them away first to friends or in a group like this, but for the ones you simply can't give away, TrashBot is a good substitute rather than just waiting for them to expire.

Simply click on the following link. https://steamcommunity.com/home?l=english

You could also, in community or the store, click on Account von [insert your username here], hover the mouse over Sprache ändern, and click on English (Englisch).

Edit: Ah I'm late, oh well good excuse to type German.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been working on this new feature for Enhanced Steam since last night, and it's finally in a state ready to be shown:

lV0uhiL.png

Basically, it will let you filter your market searches. Currently only works with Steam Community items (cards, backgrounds, emoticons, etc) but should help things out significantly.

JustinBB7

Ha, that's much better than what I could get with all the useless Killing Floor guest passes I kept getting.

Now aye, you should always try to give them away first to friends or in a group like this, but for the ones you simply can't give away, TrashBot is a good substitute rather than just waiting for them to expire..

I don't know why anybody would want those SMNC passes. They weren't marketable, and it's a free 2 play game that's been out for like a year or something. It's completely useless.

Been working on this new feature for Enhanced Steam since last night, and it's finally in a state ready to be shown:

lV0uhiL.png

Basically, it will let you filter your market searches. Currently only works with Steam Community items (cards, backgrounds, emoticons, etc) but should help things out significantly.
like 3 months ago when i said i was gonna pm you it was about the community market

Also you know that there is a guy out there who did a lot with the CS GO and Dota 2 markets? I'll try to find him. Maybe you can work together, or get his stuff implemented into ES.

Edit: After searching it looked like he finished the Dota part only 10 hours ago here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1ymw4f/the_steam_market_search_is_ready_enjoy/

and he might have beaten you to the steam general part as well...

Tizoc

Reposting since I'll be heading back home and getting some Zs soon
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-1C3B0DAF015D4850
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-C7D8C21385E3A3E9
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-78E850007F24FC80
Velocity Ultra -- MB-186EB15B1B56A618

t1393178074z1.png

Wooooooooooooooooooooow

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
like 3 months ago when i said i was gonna pm you it was about the community market

Also you know that there is a guy out there who did a lot with the CS GO and Dota 2 markets? I'll try to find him. Maybe you can work together, or get his stuff implemented into ES.

Edit: After searching it looked like he finished the Dota part only 10 hours ago here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1ymw4f/the_steam_market_search_is_ready_enjoy/

and he might have beaten you to the steam general part as well...

Wow thats... kinda strange. I installed that person's addon, and it certainly does cool things with the DOTA2/CS:GO stuff. However, for the Steam Community items like I'm working on, I like mine better. :)

JaseC

I don't like how you slowly sneaked the saoirse part out of the faq, mrorange

Haha, yeah, that started this year, with the first thread. It had a good run.

Wow thats... kinda strange. I installed that person's addon, and it certainly does cool things with the DOTA2/CS:GO stuff. However, for the Steam Community items like I'm working on, I like mine better. :)

Narcissist!

jshackles

Narcissist!

Well.......

Their plugin populates the search box with your pre-determined results. Mine passes what is essentially the same search string, but upon loading the page parses that out into different field values. It's hard to explain in words / pictures, but essentially mine "remembers" your selections from page to page which makes it easier to select each subclass of item and makes it easier to search within the results.

Milamber

I have been deep into LEGO Marvel for the past 2 days. I'm at 43% done. What did I miss? Other than new thread. Way too much to read and catch up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, yeah, that started this year, with the first thread. It had a good run.
I don't like it :mad:

also what do you think of the lovely bones? a friend of mine told me to watch it then gave me like six different opinions on it and now I'm confused :I

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-99B55C0EAD340F01 - Taken by Dambrosi. 6 entrants total.
Trine -- MB-2250AA3608A87785 - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-A6EA564132C98F1A - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 9 entrants total.

t1393138924z1.png

Urghhh...Enslaved run like shit---long load times, fps drop to 0 when entering new area or starting a cutscenes etc...
Yeah, specs would be helpful, depending on what they are it might just be expected. I have to admit I get this in some Unreal games too though. Some are worse than others. Like, Bioshock 1/2: slower texture streaming, but I never get FPS dips. DmC: seemingly faster streaming (never see any pop-in on textures), but I get extremely bad hitches when loading in new things. I'd rather have texture pop-in than have the game saturate my puny laptop 'VRAM' bandwidth every time it loads stuff in-game. Unfortunately I can't control that :p

On the topic of UE3 games (I think?), Alpha Protocol is really flippin' awesome guys. It's like a better Mass Effect 1 style game in a cool spy setting, which we suddenly stopped getting this gen. Why is that anyway? I was digging all the spy action games on PS2/Xbox.

Yeah, specs would be helpful, depending on what they are it might just be expected. I have to admit I get this in some Unreal games too though. Some are worse than others. Like, Bioshock 1/2: slower texture streaming, but I never get FPS dips. DmC: seemingly faster streaming (never see any pop-in on textures), but I get extremely bad hitches when loading in new things. I'd rather have texture pop-in than have the game saturate my puny laptop 'VRAM' bandwidth every time it loads stuff in-game. Unfortunately I can't control that :p

On the topic of UE3 games (I think?), Alpha Protocol is really flippin' awesome guys. It's like a better Mass Effect 1 style game in a cool spy setting, which we suddenly stopped getting this gen. Why is that anyway? I was digging all the spy action games on PS2/Xbox.

MickeyKnox just gifted me a copy of this game a few days ago. I think I'll play it after I get done playgin The Witcher.

JaseC

Well.......

Their plugin populates the search box with your pre-determined results. Mine passes what is essentially the same search string, but upon loading the page parses that out into different field values. It's hard to explain in words / pictures, but essentially mine "remembers" your selections from page to page which makes it easier to select each subclass of item and makes it easier to search within the results.

Search within search results? [Inception joke]

I don't like it :mad:

also what do you think of the lovely bones? a friend of mine told me to watch it then gave me like six different opinions on it and now I'm confused :I

It's not a great or even good example of an adaptation of literature but it's well-acted (Marky Mark aside), well-shot and well-directed. I grew a soft spot for it after watching the Filming The Lovely Bones documentary that comes with the SE BD; Jackson really thought he was putting together something special so I can't help but feel a little bad for him that the film turned out and the way it did and was received so harshly by critics and audiences alike.

Fun fact: Saoirse would have made Oscar history if she were nominated for her performance.
Which she should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom