• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

the way the value drops... frightens me

391 card drops remaining
108 games with drops remaining
151 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $65.97

It was like 70+ when I posted yesterday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the way the value drops... frightens me

391 card drops remaining
108 games with drops remaining
151 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $65.97

It was like 70+ when I posted yesterday.

Well, you have used up 21 drops.

StAidan

Oops, brainfart. I meant to say DirectInput and Xinput. Not that it's easier than the DS4 to set up necessarily, but not complex at all.

It's a bigger version of the same pad that's on the 3DS XL.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6553PW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Comes with a mini CD with drivers but both modes worked out of the box for me on Windows 7 without any configuration.

Whoa, I had no idea this existed. I think I'll be picking one of these (and a controller) up next month, my 360 controller is great but I want a better D-pad and my left bumper is starting to flake out too.

JaseC

oh. so the value is supposed to decrease the more card drops we get?

The more card drops you use, yes. The figure is derived from the product of how many drops you have remaining multiplied by the average card price of those games, so for example if Half-Life 3's regular cards were worth an average of 20c and you'd used up 1 of your 4 drops, then the game would be "worth approximately" 60c as opposed to 80c, and so and so forth throughout your entire list of games with drops remaining.

Pachimari

I don't know what I feel about this but I just bought my first full-price game which were not on sale in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive..

Didn't have any time for gaming this weekend due to parents visiting and Oscars...did I miss anything over the weekend? Other than JaseC changing his avatar again of course.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Didn't have any time for gaming this weekend due to parents visiting and Oscars...did I miss anything over the weekend? Other than JaseC changing his avatar again of course.

Resident Evil 4 came out, Steam family sharing was opened to everyone. Think that's it, and I think that was on Friday anyways.

JaseC

In addition to what Mr. Golem said, there's also a new Steam-related phishing scam doing the rounds. That Reddit post is 5 days old, though, so you may have already... read it.

Edit: I'll put this here also:
PSA for all PC players in censored territories who have bought an uncensored key! As I warned may be the case, keys are indeed region-locked: http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=200632 As I also explained, though, you can get around this by using a VPN. To do that:

- Download and install Spotflux
- After Spotflux has connected, type "what's my ip" into Google to ensure it's changed
- Redeem your key
- Uninstall Spotflux

The game itself is region-free; a VPN is only necessary for activation. In the interest of full disclosure:

Edit: Do note that you may be required to use a VPN to activate a retail key pertaining to the uncensored version of the game. Spotflux is free and US-based. Using a VPN is technically against the SSA but to date there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve taking issue with people using one to just activate a key or unlock a game early; indeed, myself and many other GAFers have used VPNs for these purposes many times over the years and haven't encountered any trouble whatsoever (the most recent example would be Thi4f, which first unlocked in some Asian countries).

StAidan

Man, I've played some decent rhythm games before, but Rush Bros sure as heck doesn't seem to be one of them. This might be the first game that I just idle for the cards.

Annubis

Any reason why the Steam store is telling me prices in "py6" (whatever money that is) by default?
Language is correct, just the prices.

Hasney

Ugh, my South Park order is a mess. I ordered it when I got a cheap region-free UPLAY key and it was the only option on their site. Now they're all Steam keys but theyhave 2 options on the site: Russian key and a "region free" key. The Russian one is about the price I paid, but the other one is more expensive. I didn't even think there was a region-free one.

So, on PC, which locked regions are censored? If the Russian one is uncensored and in English, I may just suck it up.

Deques

JaseC

Ugh, my South Park order is a mess. I ordered it when I got a cheap region-free UPLAY key and it was the only option on their site. Now they're all Steam keys but theyhave 2 options on the site: Russian key and a "region free" key. The Russian one is about the price I paid, but the other one is more expensive. I didn't even think there was a region-free one.

So, on PC, which locked regions are censored? If the Russian one is uncensored and in English, I may just suck it up.

- Germany and Austria
- Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan

Unless you live in Eastern Europe, though, you're going to need to use a VPN to play the game.

JaseC

Do I get Russian pricing because of this though? I'd be fine with paying that.
I have One Way Heroics in my cart for 58 pуб (1.6 US $)
Unless I'm mistaken, that's about half the price of the what I'd pay if I correct the mistake.

It was that easy at one point, but not any more. These days your billing info needs to match up with the region of the store.

JaseC

To play, or just activate? I'm fine with activating, done it plenty of times before. Going to push for that other version though since I ordered on the promise of region-free.

The former. The Eastern European subs, like the Germany + Austrian and AU + NZ + etc. subs, are region-locked at the runtime level.

Grief.exe

Guy in South Park OT just said its the best Licensed game he has ever played. Even specifically citing the Arkham games.

This just got real.

Did the disappearing platforms level in guacamelee, guess I'll beat the last boss again and wrap it up later, too lazy to get the rest of the achievement stuff >.>

We need more games like this :eek:

Yes we do.
Good job on the disappearing platforms. That 3rd screen drives me mad most of the time. The one trick to help with it was to double jump then headbutt while planning your next move as it would give you enough time to land back on the platform that just disappeared without really moving Juan.

And if you haven't played Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attacks, you should check it out. It's another quality platformer from Drinkbox.

I just Up voted Slip. It's basically a platforming Ikaruga.

Voted up for you...
I was going to say "You mean like Outland?"... but it's different than Outland since it looks like it's kind of a runner mixed with Ikaruga.
Definitely not a fan of the art style though.

Guy in South Park OT just said its the best Licensed game he has ever played. Even specifically citing the Arkham games.

This just got real.

I have a hard time believing that. But that's just because I love the Arkham games so much and I'm biased that the action/stealth gameplay and my love of batman cannot be unseated by a south park rpg.
That said, I'm glad to hear it should be a really good game if that poster is right.

How are these people playing already? Console plebs that got it at a mom and pop shop?

Blablurn

This just got real.

I stay away from the thread since I don't wanna know anything before I play it. But I love to hear comments like this.

Hasney

The former. The Eastern European subs, like the Germany + Austrian and AU + NZ + etc. subs, are region-locked at the runtime level.

Christ. At this rate, I'll just cancel the whole thing if I get the Russian version then, then either hunt for a cheap version I can play in the UK, or just not bother giving UbiSoft my money.

Grief.exe

I stay away from the thread since I don't wanna know anything before I play it. But I love to hear comments like this.

All the reviewers are embargoed and no one knows anything detailed about the game.

The thread can be boiled down to people arguing about the length of games.

header_292x136.jpg

Luftrausers has a pre-purchase page up on Steam with a 10% discount:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233150/

No release date though.

Anteater

Yes we do.
Good job on the disappearing platforms. That 3rd screen drives me mad most of the time. The one trick to help with it was to double jump then headbutt while planning your next move as it would give you enough time to land back on the platform that just disappeared without really moving Juan.

And if you haven't played Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attacks, you should check it out. It's another quality platformer from Drinkbox.

yeah I find that taking things slowly made some of the sections a lot easier, and the platforming becomes a lot simpler than they look

JaseC

Any chance of Riddick returning to steam?

As far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing preventing Atari from bringing it back. When Ghostbusters returned I figured Riddick would follow suit, but apparently Atari gonna Atari.

yeah I find that taking things slowly made some of the sections a lot easier, and the platforming becomes a lot simpler than they look

If your timing is off, it can become infuriating... the last time I did it on my PC playthrough, I was cursing a storm because my timing was off for getting the jump/headbutt to figure out where to move to next.

There's nothing quite as challenging in MBA, but seriously, if you don't have it, hope that they add it to the humble bundle 11 and if they don't, pick it up when you can. It's a hidden gem of a game and what turned me onto Drinkbox in the first place. I think it plays better on Vita, but if you don't have one of those...

Anteater

If your timing is off, it can become infuriating... the last time I did it on my PC playthrough, I was cursing a storm because my timing was off for getting the jump/headbutt to figure out where to move to next.

There's nothing quite as challenging in MBA, but seriously, if you don't have it, hope that they add it to the humble bundle 11 and if they don't, pick it up when you can. It's a hidden gem of a game and what turned me onto Drinkbox in the first place. I think it plays better on Vita, but if you don't have one of those...

Yea I'll check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom