• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I just remembered that I have an extra steam key of Riddick.

tumblr_mdm2izcuHs1qlb5r0o1_500.gif

As far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing preventing Atari from bringing it back. When Ghostbusters returned I figured Riddick would follow suit, but apparently Atari gonna Atari.

ah

...Atari

Honestly, you don't want the Steam version anyways, riddled with DRM. Pick up the GOG version.

yeah, might do that

I just remembered that I have an extra steam key of Riddick.

hmmm, what do you want to do with it? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I've sufficiently stocked up for the inevitable Pat & Matpocalypse.

patmat1uwfq1.jpg
patmat2vmetz.jpg

There's no telling how long the licence is valid for, but the developers obtained it in August 2007 and the game itself will be five years old come October.

patmat1uwfq1.jpg
patmat2vmetz.jpg

There's no telling how long the licence is valid for, but the developers obtained it in August 2007 and the game itself will be five years old come October.

Is it in any bundle or something? or cheap somewhere?

It's 69c on Steam itself. I've decided that I'm going to buy another 20 with card money, before the sale ends on the 12th.

Thanks, I'll just get one for myself, I still have a few Football Managers 2010, 2011 and 2012 and nobody seems to want them, I'm not good at trading.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, I'll just get one for myself, I still have a few Football Managers 2010, 2011 and 2012 and nobody seems to want them, I'm not good at trading.

The rest-of-world versions of 2009 and onwards are still rather easy to get one's hands on thanks to eBay users selling off old stock and the like. You'll be able to get a pretty penny for them eventually.

I've had absolutely zero luck tracking down Football Manager Korean 2009/2010. I've thought about making a thread about it but as I understand it PC gaming in general isn't big in Korea and the titles have been EOL for a few years, so I don't like my chances.

Hasney

The rest-of-world versions of 2009 and onwards are still rather easy to get one's hands on thanks to eBay users selling off old stock and the like. You'll be able to get a pretty penny for them eventually.

I've had absolutely zero lucky tracking down Football Manager Korean 2009/2010. I've thought about making a thread about it but as I understand it PC gaming in general isn't big in Korea and the titles have been EOL for a few years, so I don't like my chances.

Yeah, all codes from retail boxes. I'm assuming that Pat & Mat didn't get a retail release? Or if it did, a much more limited one than Football Manager I would assume.

Jawmuncher

Wow those south park requirements are pretty low......low enough that it could work on this laptop technically. But then again I learned my lesson after I could technically run dark souls but it the frame rate was crap.

JustinBB7

Wow those south park requirements are pretty low......low enough that it could work on this laptop technically. But then again I learned my lesson after I could technically run dark souls but it the frame rate was crap.

Dark Souls was a horrible horrible horrible port though. You needed a mod to fix it and even then it was still pretty bad at some parts.

You'll have a better chance with South Park but it's still a laptop (and Bethesda) so maybe wait till it's out and see how it runs for people.

Jawmuncher

I love Escape from Butcher Bay. Still need to grab the GOG version at some point.
Assualt on Dark Athena was decent but wasn't the sequel I wanted, since that really is just an expansion pack more than anything. But DAMN do I hope Riddick gets another game this gen. He's just a perfect fit for gaming.

Also as corny as it is, i'll never forget the line riddick says when falling down the pit.
"It's not the fall that kills ya, it's the sudden stop at the bottom" Dumb as hell but I have remembered it to this day. Words to live by I guess.

Tizoc

What's the overall impression on Veseel? I've ignored it for such time despite being a big fan of Platformers.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder what's going to happen to the weekly sale today. Is there a limit to the number of games?

Not that I've heard of. I believe it's also the first week publishers/developers have had the opportunity to set up their own deals - so it could be quite massive.

Jawmuncher

Dark Souls was a horrible horrible horrible port though. You needed a mod to fix it and even then it was still pretty bad at some parts.

You'll have a better chance with South Park but it's still a laptop (and Bethesda) so maybe wait till it's out and see how it runs for people.

That is true about the Dark Souls port.
think i'll peek in the South Park OT here and there. Sure there's bound to be someone jumping into the game with a laptop that has similar specs as mine.

One Finger Death Punch - $3.99 (-20%)
Such a great game. Wasted many many hours on this. Super addictive. Looks like a complete mess on screenshots so I hope no one disregard it because of that. I almost did.

I wonder if they've added anything, since they upped the price a bit.

Nabs

What's the overall impression on Veseel? I've ignored it for such time despite being a big fan of Platformers.

I liked it a lot. Didn't care for any of the bosses, especially that last one, but the game is really good. A couple of things: There are puzzles that require certain upgrades to complete, so there's no reason to try and beat them in order. You can teleport around by checking your map, so it's not too bad.

My mage is trivializing NG+ in Dark Souls

I need that fresh Dark Souls 2 meat for some semblance of a challenge.

My Sorcerer shitted all over NG+. It was kind of amazing.

Vlad

You mean Vessel? I thought it was ok at best. I really wanted to like it, and I was really enjoying it early on, but the puzzles get really fiddly later on, in the sense that even if you know what you have to do, making everything actually work just right ends up being more annoying than anything else.

louiedog

header_292x136.jpg

Luftrausers has a pre-purchase page up on Steam with a 10% discount:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233150/

No release date though.

Speaking of Luftrausers and hoarding, there's a 100 Steam key Air Raid Pack for only $749.99.

derExperte

You mean Vessel? I thought it was ok at best. I really wanted to like it, and I was really enjoying it early on, but the puzzles get really fiddly later on, in the sense that even if you know what you have to do, making everything actually work just right ends up being more annoying than anything else.

Did you play it right at release or shortly after? Because they later released a big patch which improved controls and physics. Apart from the too convoluted last big puzzle I had no problems and ended up really loving the game.

Jawmuncher

There will be another Riddick game...

...but it's probably going to be an MMO.

Ehh not a big fan of MMOs. I don't think even a Dino Crisis or Resident Evil MMO could get me into liking that sort of game. But i'll at least try a free month, beta, or something on it if it happens.

I read the author's earlier (and free) Visual Novel Digital: A Love Story this weekend. I liked the interface in that one even better, it simulated connecting to local BBS's in the late 80's including the familiar dial-up sounds.

I really liked Digital as well and honestly still think it's her best work. Hell I think both of the games she offers as free are better than Analogue. Haven't played Hate Plus yet so I can't comment on that one. I hope whatever she has planned next definitely takes more inspiration from her earlier works.

Benedict

So I'm now waiting for Steam-codes for at least three games:
One Finger Death Punch
Where Angels Cry
One Way Heroics (not on Desura?)

Such a great game. Wasted many many hours on this. Super addictive. Looks like a complete mess on screenshots so I hope no one disregard it because of that. I almost did.

I wonder if they've added anything, since they upped the price a bit.

Bought based on your recommendation and my steam wallet balance from selling cards.

Makes me wish I'd gotten in on one of the bundles it was in. Looks awesome and now I'm hooked on the music used in the trailer. :lol

CAN A NINJA GET A TABLE DANCE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom