• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

8Qfh4Zs.png

214GMd2.gif

DocSeuss

I think I'm going to start changing my avatar with every new Steam thread...

Almost done with Alien Rage.

Neat game. Has pretty good gun feel, fantastic player speed, an FOV slider, and great visuals; reminds me a lot of Unreal, somehow. The writing is oddly enjoyable; lots of fun banter. The guns feel nice and meaty, and

I don't really like the frequency with which I die. The enemy Ion gun fires SUPER FAST and just... yeah, sustained fire for even half a second with a number of enemies present can kill you at points, even on the easiest difficulty. Even worse, they can fire through stuff--and I don't mean stuff that falls apart when you shoot it (they've got that too); just, like, sometimes it's like 'lol there's nothing here.' Couple that with AI that basically sees you through walls and stuff, and you can't really pull off the kind of complex gunplay in games like FEAR or Halo.

The game would be better off without ADS and regenerating health, because the player and enemy movement speed lends itself well to spending a lot more time dashing about the combat space.

For $5, it was fun. Better than plenty of big-name shooters out there, like Battlefield 3.

There are still some who joined earlier than me and are not full members yet.

Isn't it three months and 300 posts without a ban?

didamangi

I'm using WD black. The fps drops only happen in the beginning of an in-game cutscene though, like it's suppose to still loading but the game already tries to play it out.
Once it loads, everything is fine again.

I dunno, maybe it's just one of those pc things. I've played the game on my main pc (i3, gtx 570) and my niece laptop which is quite low stuff (AMD A8-4500M, HD 8750M) and it ran smooth 60fps on pc and stable 30fps on the laptop, both played the cutscenes just fine.

is there away to buy company of hero's 2 with 13$ ?

considering COH2 just had a free to play weekend + sale on it I believe last week or the week before(don't remember exactly-it was fairly recent), you probably won't see one for a while(at least steam selling it directly)

should keep your eyes peeled on sites like greenmangaming and whatnot in the meantime

zkylon

zkylewd
Steam reviews indicate it's pretty bad - not sure it's worth the $1.
it's a weird experiment thingie in that you won't get any joy or satisfaction out of it and you'll at best say "ah, that's curious"

to me that's alright but to be honest a friend of mine just gifted it to me so maybe my views on it are kinda shifted

Aw man, I knew something was up when my application PMs kept getting ignored.

And when did that new Sexy Beach come out? You gotta hook me up with a link!
yo beta's all over ign prime bro

zeroOman

considering COH2 just had a free to play weekend + sale on it I believe last week or the week before(don't remember exactly-it was fairly recent), you probably won't see one for a while(at least steam selling it directly)

should keep your eyes peeled on sites like greenmangaming and whatnot in the meantime

only 13$ left this month for games and it's in steam wallet ;_;.....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My authorization process sucked. I registered about 4 months before I got approved.

But you guys kept talking about Enhanced Steam, and I wanted to join so I could answer GAF's questions.

don't remind me of gaf's authorization process, I think it took me 3 years...

Sound's about right, I remember applying in 2008.

I think I got lucky, mine was about a 4 month wait. I've had friends at work asking how to join and I told them about the approval process and they couldn't believe it. Said we were a bunch of snobs. Asked him why he wanted to join then. He said he wants to be one. Thought that was pretty funny.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think registration took me like 2 years. then like a year later I quit my job and have to get another email and it was like 6 more months

almost bought a something awful account but I odn't really have the time to watch let's plays anymore

lol the brazzers watermark just makes it all better

also just realized your tag is like interactive or something

if it wasn't covered in shame I'd be jealous

aw what the hell I'm jealous anyways

Coreda

New thread, new sub :)

Should be exciting, as sometime soon I'll be picking up a GTX 780 to handle my planned move to 1440p (still on the fence about which monitor to buy :p), although I've heard Q4 2014 is when the 800 series is coming
whyyyyyy

Isn't it three months and 300 posts without a ban?

Mmmhmm.

Anteater

Sound's about right, I remember applying in 2008.

ahhaha yeah, I applied in 2008 too before mgs4 came out

Damn, and here I thought the 3 months I waited was a bitch.

My problem was that the email domain got rejected and it took like a year each time, but 3rd time's the charm.

My friend applied and asked me "wat i need to be authorized?" then a day later he told me "no wait I got in, that was quick", he posted like twice.

New thread, new sub :)

Should be exciting, as sometime soon I'll be picking up a GTX 780 to handle my planned move to 1440p (still on the fence about which monitor to buy :p), although I've heard Q4 2014 is when the 800 series is coming
whyyyyyy

Mmmhmm.

I just picked up a 780 myself. I love it. It's not much more of an improvement over the GTX 680 but it runs much much cooler I've noticed. That said, I'd imagine if your wanting to play at 1440p you'd be better off saving money up for a 780ti. Unless you don't really care about framerates. I know the 780ti handles 1440p much better than a 780.

rtcn63

SB: Revelations > AC: Revelations, and I don't even need to have played either.

Also Suarez Romulan was in The Lovely Bones with Rachel Weisz, IIRC

Backlogger

Finally made it on GAF. I've been PC gaming for few years now and upon finding out about this beautiful community, I knew I had to be a part of it.

After many months of intense lurking and checking my e-mail, I finally received the golden ticket. I'm really excited to be able to voice my controversial and ultimately useless opinions along with the best of them.

/awkwardfirstpost

Welcome

Welcome!

Don't get banned!

Just stay out of console wars, PC vs console threads, poli-social threads, er, just stay in this thread and you'll be safe. This is my other favorite GAF thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744628

I thought I got an invite to GAF Gold. Turned out to be a vanilla kidnapping situation.

Oh well. Someday.

I've read references to this, its not a real thing is it?

So can a toaster.

I think registration took me like 2 years. then like a year later I quit my job and have to get another email and it was like 6 more months

almost bought a something awful account but I odn't really have the time to watch let's plays anymore

lol the brazzers watermark just makes it all better

also just realized your tag is like interactive or something

if it wasn't covered in shame I'd be jealous

aw what the hell I'm jealous anyways

I bought an SA account at one point, but I don't really go there/use it at this point.
And thanks for pointing out the interactivity, I just LOL'ed.

Finally made it on GAF. I've been PC gaming for few years now and upon finding out about this beautiful community, I knew I had to be a part of it.

After many months of intense lurking and checking my e-mail, I finally received the golden ticket. I'm really excited to be able to voice my controversial and ultimately useless opinions along with the best of them.

/awkwardfirstpost
Welcome, don't whine about threads, and remember to read the OP, you should be fine.

I've read references to this, its not a real thing is it?
ibcK0re8cHv5tP.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Almost done with this feature for now.

UPCxn57.png

Gonna be awesome

zkylon

zkylewd
KOS-MOS da god.
missed this

so spot on

kos-mos has such a weird understated charm about her I love. like in persona 3 I couldn't stand aigis. I mean I never liked rei ayanami (I like asuka and misato more but w/e) and it's like freaking rei, dead personality and shit in combat.

now kos-mos has that same dead personality but like shion's got this weird crush on her that makes you feel like awww but also she's a total badass at saving the gang from death like 9 times each game. and then you put her in your team and she totally rekks fights and all her moves are super cool.

she's awesome!

so yea she's da god

I bought an SA account at one point, but I don't really go there/use it at this point.
And thanks for pointing out the interactivity, I just LOL'ed.
I really wanted to check out some lps but it takes so fucking long to watch a full game I just can't be bothered

besides, I don't think anything can measure up to the one and only deadly premonition lp

Almost done with this feature for now.

UPCxn57.png

Gonna be awesome
sweet

it'd be pretty cool if people could rate backgrounds and such so I can find the best ones without having to go through a billion pages

like I like having lizzy as my background and everything but it's gotten to the point where the thing is to hate bioshock infinite and it's losing me street cred. I could buy the shodan one but it's too late, everyone's already have that one.

so like if there was a secret third option that'd be awesome.

not really asking you to do it since that seems like something for valve to do but just sayin'

I live in Aus, but I have a US PSN account and I've linked that to a US Square-Enix account. After I have a go of the PS4 beta today I've got a feeling I may want to jump on the PC version ( as it's half price atm, not sure for how long) and just use a controller. Now seeing as I live in Aus if I buy it from the Steam store that will be a PAL version and I won't be able to link that to my US Square-Enix account right? Could I get someone from the US to send it over Steam and then it'll be right? Or am I just fine to buy the Aus copy myself and use a US account anyway?

kurahador

I dunno, maybe it's just one of those pc things. I've played the game on my main pc (i3, gtx 570) and my niece laptop which is quite low stuff (AMD A8-4500M, HD 8750M) and it ran smooth 60fps on pc and stable 30fps on the laptop, both played the cutscenes just fine.

Yeah...it's one of those thing. Someone in the steam forum posted the INI setting on fixing most of the problems. Did everything except make the game detect more than 2GB of RAM coz it requires using new .exe file.

The game runs alot smoother now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also Suarez Romulan was in The Lovely Bones with Rachel Weisz, IIRC

That's a bingo.

I live in Aus, but I have a US PSN account and I've linked that to a US Square-Enix account. After I have a go of the PS4 beta today I've got a feeling I may want to jump on the PC version ( as it's half price atm, not sure for how long) and just use a controller. Now seeing as I live in Aus if I buy it from the Steam store that will be a PAL version and I won't be able to link that to my US Square-Enix account right? Could I get someone from the US to send it over Steam and then it'll be right? Or am I just fine to buy the Aus copy myself and use a US account anyway?

I'm not familiar with how Squeenix accounts work but there are NA-specific subs for FF14. I assume registering an NA key would see you play on NA servers, though.

That's a bingo.

I'm not familiar with how Squeenix accounts work but there are NA-specific subs for FF14. I assume registering an NA key would see you play on NA servers, though.

Your new avatar makes me sad for some reason :(

Also, good morning fellow gaffers.

That's a bingo.

So you think it would be fine to buy from the Aussie store though, and then log in with my US account. Or is the game region locked and so you need a PAL account for PAL copies of the game and vice versa with the US ones? If someone gifted it to me from the US then that would be a US copy that would definitely work with US Square-Enix accounts?

JaseC

Your new avatar makes me sad for some reason :(

Also, good morning fellow gaffers.

It's just a random screencap from this interview but since she happened to look sad I figured I'd use it for a while. ;)

So you think it would be fine to buy from the Aussie store though, and then log in with my US account. Or is the game region locked and so you need a PAL account for PAL copies of the game and vice versa with the US ones? If someone gifted it to me from the US then that would be a US copy that would definitely work with US Square-Enix accounts?

This the only question I can answer with any certainty: yes. I wouldn't think that key activation would be tied to the region of one's account but this is Squeenix we're talking about. You could try purchasing the game from the Aussie store, I suppose, and if it doesn't work hit up Squeenix Support for a replacement key. Just say it was a gift from an Aussie friend or something. ;)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Convinced a friend to get a new PC instead of a PS4. Aw yeah. Heck, I wish I didn't buy my PS4. Love my first gaming PC.

JaseC

Convinced a friend to get a new PC instead of a PS4. Aw yeah. Heck, I wish I didn't buy my PS4. Love my first gaming PC.

One of my mates will soon be building a $2k gaming PC to jump on the Steam train. Previously he was partial to the Xbox.

zkylon

zkylewd
man that sorrowing meadow drags on in Dust, much better now at the snowy place.

yea it's the part I liked less in the game I think

snowy mountains I didn't like so much either

or the underground caverns

I can't really recall which dungeon I liked, I just liked the game overall lol

JaseC

Why spend 2K? Tell him to spend 1K and the other 1K on Steam games =/

Well, in addition to the tower he also needs to buy a monitor and a keyboard/mouse. He'll be spending around $1650 on the system itself; PC hardware pricing isn't the best here in Australia and isn't really discounted much at all (incomparable to the likes of, say, Newegg, at least).

Anteater

Consoles having no backwards compatibility really kills it for me, despite loving everything Sony has done so far with the machine, but I guess the blame was on ps3 having a different architecture, hopefully moving forward it will be a bit like the PC when the time comes for the PS4 > PS5 transition.

yea it's the part I liked less in the game I think

snowy mountains I didn't like so much either

or the underground caverns

I can't really recall which dungeon I liked, I just liked the game overall lol

Yea the combat is fun, the dungeons are usually just avoiding spikes or bombs blowing up, that sort of thing and they're long.

Kind of reminds me of valdis story where the weak point was all the non combat stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom