• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I'm finding that IndieGala has kind of an obtuse way of notifying you of newly unlocked games. Like they'll lump the announcement together with other news and not make it obvious in the e-mail subject. (Noticed that I had three new games from the Capsule Bundle)

Arthea

Oh you mean the legal ways. I assume JaseC would be blackmailing Ubisoft for keys against ability to publish stuff on Steam. Imagine him forcing Ubi to Greenlight their stuff just because they didn't give him a key.

iCeeoyfjPXXXc.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackle's little run around with Support regarding Top Gun would suggest "no". He was asked to submit photos of the packaging but after he did was just told to talk to the publisher; I think the initial intention was to supply a key but then whoever was handling the ticket discovered or was otherwise informed that this was a legal impossibility.

This is most likely the case. There is probably something in their legal contract that gives Valve support the right to re-issue keys for customers with complaints or to resolve account issues.

Since I didn't have a key to begin with though, I don't blame them for not giving me one.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Steam keys for BlackSoul is now available on your groupees account (bundle of the damned 2).

I've been checking feverishly for this, thanks for mentioning.

I have heard some polarizing things about this game I need to experience it for myself. I've heard from some that the game is really underrated, it is janky, especially with animations, but some actually very good atmosphere, puzzles, and survival gameplay, which picks up a lot once you get outside. I've heard from others its garbage.

I wonder how many developers/publishers are going to "pull a Blackguards" and give a meagre discount simply to be highlighted in the Weekly Sale highlight.

Bad form, Blackguards devs.

Also, I see that Dominions 3 is on sale. The sequel, Dominions 4, is also on Steam. Does anyone have impressions on either game? The sequel is probably better in every regard, but it's waay more expensive...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
typical puritanical baka gajians and their stupid christian conception of the relationship between consenting adults and an octopus' tentacle.

Sober

My #1 question: Steam obviously favours giving away a lot to developers in order to encourage ecosystem buy-in. There's no charge for Steamworks. There's no bandwidth fee. No patch certification. Unlimited number of keys generated for developers. That's great. And it's spawned this great secondary ecosystem where vendors like Amazon, GreenManGaming, GameFly, bundle companies, and developers themselves sell Steam-redeemable keys outside Steam. In many cases the external vendors deliberately undercut Steam, which they can do because they have no costs associated with the transaction and thus they can give away margin at no risk. Surely at this point, with the size of the Steam community being what it is, some of these external purchases are actually money lost for Steam. What's the ROI on allowing this, how long can you keep it up, and has there ever been discussion inside the company to curb these kinds of incentives or try to get a piece of the pie externally.

Of course it wouldn't get answered.
This is when Valve releases Half-Life 3.

Or you know, a sequel to an other one of their titles that isn't Half-Life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is most likely the case. There is probably something in their legal contract that gives Valve support the right to re-issue keys for customers with complaints or to resolve account issues.

Since I didn't have a key to begin with though, I don't blame them for not giving me one.

I find it rather strange that Paramount's video game publishing arm lost the licence that belongs to Paramount the film studio. This also applies to D-A-C but at least retail copies of it come with a key. ;)

Blablurn

Could someone help out a German GAFer to buy Condemed right now? Unfortunately it's not available on the German Store and I don't wanna miss out on the sale :( I can PayPal immediately.

JaseC

Could someone help out a German GAFer to buy Condemed right now? Unfortunately it's not available on the German Store and I don't wanna miss out on the sale :( I can PayPal immediately.

I'll PM you in a moment. It's actually 1c cheaper on the Aussie store. ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh I got vanguard princess from Gamersgate ages ago, time to ask for a Steam code~

Steam codes are already available. I got it a while ago from them as well when it was super cheap on sale, went to go check on it, and was surprised to find a Steam Code was already available from them.

FloatOn

Anime designs do not appeal to me.

How that Reccetear game ended up on my steam account I will never know but it will forever be a blight on an otherwise perfect track record.

Dr Dogg

Dark Souls still listed for March release on From's website.

I got an email from Amazon last month stating my Collectors Ed had been upgraded to next day expedited delivery for 15th March. Trolling bastards, it shows in my account as the dispatch date is still unavailable.

Grief.exe

At this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if they waited for the game to come out on consoles to announce the PC date :(

If Bandai waits until after the console release date to announce the PC release, then we definitively know that they were intentionally holding back the PC version.

I got an email from Amazon last month stating my Collectors Ed had been upgraded to next day expedited delivery for 15th March. Trolling bastards, it shows in my account as the dispatch date is still unavailable.

Interesting, I'm assuming you ordered the PC version? If so, are those generally accurate?

I know the release date they have stated on the store page is completely placeholder, but you would think that they are very accurate with their shipment information.

Turfster

Coming in less than 12 hours:
Groupees Shinyloot bundle 2
  • Fortix 2 (Steam)
  • Will Fight For Food (Greenlight)
  • The Grave Digger (Greenlight)
  • Soulcaster I
  • Soulcaster II
  • Mark Leung - Revenge of the bitch
  • Mosby's Confederacy
  • So Blonde

JaseC

Speaking of dragging people through pain, it's been a while, relatively speaking, since any of the Anno 1404 apps have been updated. I wonder what's going on with that.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I hate to ask here, but I'm just curious if anyone has contacted Humble Bundle support before? If so, how long did a reply take.

I'm asking because I failed to receive the keys for a bundle I bought almost a week ago at this stage. Despite emailing, I've yet to get any sort of reply.

Is this normal for them? I've no idea, how well staffed their support team is.

Someone ask when they'll implement changing your login name. I've grown to hate the one I chose almost a decade ago and want to change to something I'll regret a decade from now instead.

JaseC

Coming in less than 12 hours:
Groupees Shinyloot bundle 2
  • Fortix 2 (Steam)
  • Will Fight For Food (Greenlight)
  • The Grave Digger (Greenlight)
  • Soulcaster I
  • Soulcaster II
  • Mark Leung - Revenge of the bitch
  • Mosby's Confederacy
  • So Blonde

Mosby's Confederacy is likely to be a Steam key, too.

Edit: Ah, I remember the first Shiny Loot bundle: you receive keys you have to redeem on the Shiny Loot site to you get keys for other services. Mos Conf will Mos Def be a Steam key. ;)

Wok

I hate to ask here, but I'm just curious if anyone has contacted Humble Bundle support before? If so, how long did a reply take.

I'm asking because I failed to receive the keys for a bundle I bought almost a week ago at this stage. Despite emailing, I've yet to get any sort of reply.

Is this normal for them? I've no idea, how well staffed their support team is.

When did you email them?

Edit: I asked a question about using Steam Wallet to pay my humble purchases and got an answer the day after. It was four months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom