• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gabe's "real" AMA still isn't online. We all have questions!!!

Though I've been reading through what's being submitted to the locked thread, and it doesn't look like the questions will be all that great, honestly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a short and sweet raffle with my horror love goodness. I don't know how the game is yet, just got it myself, but plan to play it in the near future and will leave some impressions here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-32BAB95222C6627D - Taken by Scipius. 16 entrants total.

t1393881034z1.png

PriitV

So a little birdie told to few of us in a steamgaf chat that Gabe's going to announce something during his AMA related to keywords defunct service and cloud.
Wonder if there's any truth behind it, seeing as Steam is being moved to Akamai CDN, it might as well be.

Though I've been reading through what's being submitted to the locked thread, and it doesn't look like the questions will be all that great, honestly.

That is why people agree to do AMAs, they know that dumb and useless questions will trump the useful ones that they won't answer.

It's reddit dude...I think you're expectations were too high.

Saty

That's why the AMA format is flawed. Stop asking something the person has talked about before at length; stop asking the 'tips for starting a career' stuff.

A bundle!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rock of Ages -- MB-781472519A75B4AD - Taken by Tesseract. 13 entrants total.
POSTAL -- MB-3A0B32A49756BF9B - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.

t1393881754z1.png

Tellaerin

Women love a romantic lover that can make them laugh and smile. Having lots and lots of money helps as well.

image.php

Preach it, brother.

And I know you're right, but... Jason Sudeikis, man? Seriously? Dude must be very funny in private.
(Either that, or he's very rich. >.>)

Meat pie and sauce + The Castle, like a true Aussie. :p

JaseC, mackin' like a boss.

I have to sleep now, whoever gets the game, enjoy it.
And ask some good questions to GabeN, I want jshackles to start working at Valve tomorrow morning.

Annubis

And ask some good questions to GabeN, I want jshackles to start working at Valve tomorrow morning.

« Gaben, between hiring jschackles and making half life 3, which is the most probable? »

(trick question technically)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Would be willing to take a high definition camera around filming me flipping the bird to my current employer to make this happen.

Not really, I'm much too nice

FloatOn

here's the thing guys. half life 3 isn't happening until oculus or that steam VR thing is ready. it's the only way it's going to live up to the hype.

If half life 3 were released any time before that at best it might be a bioshock infinite style shooting gallery.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
here's the thing guys. half life 3 isn't happening until oculus or that steam VR thing is ready. it's the only way it's going to live up to the hype.

If half life 3 were released any time before that at best it might be a bioshock infinite style shooting gallery.
Oh man if hl3 was a major turd like bioinf I would cry

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So a little birdie told to few of us in a steamgaf chat that Gabe's going to announce something during his AMA related to keywords defunct service and cloud.
Wonder if there's any truth behind it, seeing as Steam is being moved to Akamai CDN, it might as well be.
Hmm, that's quite interesting, and seems likely.

Knurek

Maybe with Valve trying to expand Steamworks to non-Steam store games, they finally don't want to foot the bill for game download bandwidth?

sibarraz

Banned
Dissapointed with Vanguard Princess

The game base is awesome, but the game truly feels like the freeware version put on the steam store. No steam overlay, online, achievements, or anything like that

Tellaerin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s16rZbS03U
You're gonna want this on Steam GAF if only for Ganguro I-No.

Okay, that looks ridiculously amazing. :eek:

Haha, I made an avatar from that when it was posted earlier in the year:

I'd probably be using it if it weren't for a certain you-know-who. ;)

Hehe, awesome! I'd be tempted to use it myself if it didn't mean giving up my current avatar, so I know where you're coming from. ;)

Maybe with Valve trying to expand Steamworks to non-Steam store games, they finally don't want to foot the bill for game download bandwidth?

I'm kind of worried about what that might mean for download speeds, if it happens. :s

jshackles

Just found out Enhanced Steam for Opera was updated, and it's now working again. Thanks a lot Jshackles!

tumblr_m80bajIzX01qdvqgg.gif

Not a problem. I'm working on yet another update for Opera that should fix a few more problems and add a few more features. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom