• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

Speaking of dragging people through pain, it's been a while, relatively speaking, since any of the Anno 1404 apps have been updated. I wonder what's going on with that.

Ubisoft is waiting till they can put it up on the store at the same time as Tintin and King Kong. :)

Dr Dogg

Interesting, I'm assuming you ordered the PC version? If so, are those generally accurate?

I know the release date they have stated on the store page is completely placeholder, but you would think that they are very accurate with their shipment information.

As much as I loved my time with the PS3 Souls community now that there's a PC option there is no other choice for me.

My experience with Amazon is that they pull release dates out their arse regardless of product. My Eyes of Bayonetta Preorder was up for close to 2 years and I got a revised delivery date at least once every 2 months. It did coincide with my Prime membership renewing so that's probably why it got brought up as when I go to change the delivery options it says there is an error at this time.

Thank our lord gaben for our mighty backlogs to ease the pain.

Wok

Edit: I asked a question about using Steam Wallet to pay my humble purchases and got an answer the day after. It was four months ago.

I also asked a question about a new anti-fraud measure and got a reply five days after. It was six months ago.

I also asked a question about sharing Monaco keys ten months ago, and got a reply the day after.

Grief.exe

Someone ask when they'll implement changing your login name. I've grown to hate the one I chose almost a decade ago and want to change to something I'll regret a decade from now instead.

Works for me for security reasons, as I never use that login name anywhere else anymore.

As much as I loved my time with the PS3 Souls community now that there's a PC option there is no other choice for me.

My experience with Amazon is that they pull release dates out their arse regardless of product. My Eyes of Bayonetta Preorder was up for close to 2 years and I got a revised delivery date at least once every 2 months. It did coincide with my Prime membership renewing so that's probably why it got brought up as when I go to change the delivery options it says there is an error at this time.

Thank our lord gaben for our mighty backlogs to ease the pain

March is insane from both a game release standpoint and all the tests I have take. Game releasing closer to the end of March would be better for me. Perfect world it would release over my Spring Break.

I hope someone does ask him about EA games and if there has been any progress on getting them to return to Steam (at least GOTY copies ala Crysis 2).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope someone does ask him about EA games and if there has been any progress on getting them to return to Steam (at least GOTY copies ala Crysis 2).

Crysis 2 is an anomaly because it's an EA Partners game. EA doesn't have as much control over those as it does its own titles.

Deques

When did you email them?

Edit: I asked a question about using Steam Wallet to pay my humble purchases and got an answer the day after. It was four months ago.
He already said that he asked almost a week ago. Anyway, humble support has been lacking lately. They will soon be worst support than Steam support

Wok

Feb 26th, early in the day.

You got the email acknowledging the fact you contacted them? If so, I bet you will get an answer pretty soon. Seven days is a lot for them.

He already said that he asked almost a week ago. Anyway, humble support has been lacking lately. They will soon be worst support than Steam support

He said he had a problem seven days ago, not that he contacted them immediately after.

I failed to receive the keys for a bundle I bought almost a week ago at this stage. Despite emailing, I've yet to get any sort of reply.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hoping for Dark Souls PC this month is like JaseC hoping that Saiorse will one day knock on his door and offer him a BJ... it will never happen and youre just setting yourself up for a disapointment

Tellaerin

Way to crush JaseC's dreams, man. :(

(Though to be fair, I imagined him at least treating her to dinner and a movie first. He's classy like that.)

Greymanic

Neo Member
You got the email acknowledging the fact you contacted them? If so, I bet you will get an answer pretty soon. Seven days is a lot for them.

He said he had a problem seven days ago, not that he contacted them immediately after.

Hopefully, thanks everyone for the estimates. I'll give it another few days.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Does Steam still render the key useless if you redeem a game you already had? (I just bought 3 bundles in BundleStars and accidentally pasted a code of a game I already had)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hoping for Dark Souls PC this month is like JaseC hoping that Saiorse will one day knock on his door and offer him a BJ... it will never happen and youre just setting yourself up for a disapointment

I only accept sexual offers from Oscar-winning actresses so she needn't waste her time. :p

Still? I don't think it ever did.

It was the case originally and for quite a while, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Way to crush JaseC's dreams, man. :(

(Though to be fair, I imagined him at least treating her to dinner and a movie first. He's classy like that.)

feel free to replace his name with mine and saiorse with olivia wilde, same result

fuck you Jason Sudekis :(

Does Steam still render the key useless if you redeem a game you already had? (I just bought 3 bundles in BundleStars and accidentally pasted a code of a game I already had)

it never did that

Tellaerin

It should've told you that you were trying to activate a key for a game you already had on your account. In a case like that, the second key isn't activated and should still be valid.

KingKong

Is it just me or has the quality of Steam releases gone way way down? Like 90% of the games released in 2014 are total garbage

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm digging Castlevania. The modern day stuff has been pretty minimal and it is bizarre, but the castle stuff compensates for it nicely.

Tellaerin

feel free to replace his name with mine and saiorse with olivia wilde, same result

fuck you Jason Sudekis :(

olivia-wilde-775tkeu.jpg

You are a man of unquestionable taste, and I definitely can sympathize.

I don't know how Jason Sudeikis managed to end up with her, either. (Maybe she has a thing for comedians?) I can only hope dude's grateful for his good fortune. :p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Women love a romantic lover that can make them laugh and smile. Having lots and lots of money helps as well.

Garcia

Voted up for you...
I was going to say "You mean like Outland?"... but it's different than Outland since it looks like it's kind of a runner mixed with Ikaruga.
Definitely not a fan of the art style though.

Thanks, man. I'm not a fan of the visuals either; I think they need a lot of improvement, but the idea of an Ikaruga/runner hybrid made me want to try the game out. It's something I'd like to experience.

We're just 24 hours away from HIB 12. My wallet is ready.

FloatOn

So I've been thinking. My enjoyment of New Vegas' story and writing is exactly proportional to how much I hate everything else in that game.

I kind of wish New Vegas was a choose your own adventure book or a point and click game. Just completely remove the combat aspect and this game would be perfect.

or you know... fucking fix the combat so it doesn't feel like I'm playing wolf3d again

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-C13CF6D2545EE460 - Taken by Tesseract. 18 entrants total.
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World -- MB-E7B1F6615C849F04 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.
Expeditions: Conquistador -- MB-21FF98C1CF562D50 - Taken by cardinalmind. 15 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-845EDEB3CCF50369 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-093E1CDF68CBBC9A - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.

t1393890036z1.png

Spares.

So I've been thinking. My enjoyment of New Vegas' story and writing is exactly proportional to how much I hate everything else in that game.

I kind of wish New Vegas was a choose your own adventure book or a point and click game. Just completely remove the combat aspect and this game would be perfect.

or you know... fucking fix the combat so it doesn't feel like I'm playing wolf3d again
You mean the game had a combat? I thought it was just running away of stuff while your sidekicks shoot at them. And if you are really stuck press V and pick the highest number.

The Cowboy

Someone ask when they'll implement changing your login name. I've grown to hate the one I chose almost a decade ago and want to change to something I'll regret a decade from now instead.

Ohh god yes, I made my login back when I didn't realise it couldn't be changed and it still has my old CAL tag inform of it, I've got to many games on my account to move and I would just love to change the login name.

I'm digging Castlevania. The modern day stuff has been pretty minimal and it is bizarre, but the castle stuff compensates for it nicely.

That's how I feel about it. I was initially put off by the modern day stuff, but the rest of the game makes up for it. I can kinda see why everyone is up in arms about the game, but I personally am enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom