• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

I'm on my 16th run in One Way Heroics and the depth of the mechanics keep surprising me every time. The new Perks that you unlock can be pretty much exploited as much as you can; depending on the terrain of certain seeds/dimensions you might want to duplicate a specific perk (like cliffhanger or swim coach) in order to reach out those otherwise inaccessible treasure chests.

The dimensional vault is finally starting to shine brightly. Having all the best weapons from your previous run stored (with all the improvements and attributes embedded to them) is a huge incentive to keep adventuring. Trying to perfect each dimension is definitely a rewarding challenge.

For a $2 bucks 150 MB game it completely bitch slaps dozens of RPGs out there that have no fucking clue of how to deal with their NG+ approach.

Impressive.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Dissapointed with Vanguard Princess

The game base is awesome, but the game truly feels like the freeware version put on the steam store. No steam overlay, online, achievements, or anything like that

So basically you just pay for an english translation? Alright.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a spare Velvet Assassin key, but I don't remember if it has been used or not. I think not, but I'd rather not bother ModBot for this.

Quote this post to see it.

derExperte

Has everyone here already voted for The Floor Is Jelly?

268x268.resizedimage

Giant Bomb Quick Look

So pretty. And the music.

Knurek

For a $2 bucks 150 MB game it completely bitch slaps dozens of RPGs out there that have no fucking clue of how to deal with their NG+ approach.
Impressive.

40 MB, actually.
Other 110 MB are DirectX runtimes, which aren't even called due to devs putting the vdf file into wrong dir.
Also, fun fact - the original Japanese version of OWH was (or still is, not sure) freeware. Hide your pitchforks though - $2 is really not that much to pay for the great localization Playism guys did.
Here's to more doujin games coming through.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The Floor Is Jelly sold me simply on it's premise. Everything you touched being jelly.

Holy shit, the carrier command remake is 90% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65740/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

Is it any good?

As long as you can deal with incredibly dumb A.I. , from both your own forces that you don't directly command and the enemies, it's not bad. Though quite honestly other than graphics being a possible issue, I would just say play the original if you can.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Monday Night Combat -- MB-EE6E9095CE7CA168 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Rock of Ages -- MB-0F2A78FE9CD0C337 - Taken by user237
Kaptain Brawe A Brawe New World -- MB-D05CFA603444E366 - Taken by Kifimbo

Nabs

Ah, about time he put it up on Greenlight. Someone mentioned the game a month or two ago but at the time his latest comment on a Greenlight submission was in the form of this unabashedly negative post put up just three months after Greenlight launched.

We all went hard on 'em because the game looks pretty good. I wonder if they saw the hits they were getting from this thread.

As long as you can deal with incredibly dumb A.I. , from both your own forces that you don't directly command and the enemies, it's not bad. Though quite honestly other than graphics being a possible issue, I would just say play the original if you can.

Are there any mods to fix the ai?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, which of the Need for Speed Shifts is worth buying?

Not a bad weeklong deals, for once. I'm actually shocked. I'm kinda wanting to get Getting Up, but I've told myself I shouldn't buy more things since I still haven't gotten through all my stuff I've bought already and am planning to get Dark Souls 2 though. D:

MRORANGE

I bet Doug Lombardi is threatening Gabe that they will make L4D4 if he reveals anything HL3 related in the AMA, it's not the first time he's gone to drastic measures to silence Gabe.

Kifimbo

Thanks!

Been playing some games.

Some tl;dr impressions:

OMG Zombies: Decent, but little depth.
Hoard: average. Bonus point: a game with playable dragons.
Guacamelee: really good.
Escape Goat: short but sweet.
Sonic All Stars Transformed: really close to greatness.
The Swapper: slow but fun.

Copons

Uh, I've noticed that between the weeklong deals there's Wake, which I have in wishlist but I've totally forgot why.
As reviews on Steam are kinda cold (60% negative), anyone here cares to try to make me remember why it's in my wishlist? :D

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are there any mods to fix the ai?

The only modifications to the A.I. are through pathfinding (where to go, making sure they don't get stuck) when it comes to altering the islands or making new ones, which doesn't really help all that much when it comes to actual combat.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thinking of posting my own AMA just to catch the Gabe AMA hype.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"I am not Gabe Newell. Ask me anything!" :p

More like "I am not Gabe Newell, but I can still change things on Steam. Ask me anything!"

Garcia

Ah, about time he put it up on Greenlight. Someone mentioned the game a month or two ago but at the time his latest comment on a Greenlight submission was in the form of this unabashedly negative post put up just three months after Greenlight launched.

I'm searching for all the games in that list which I haven't heard of before. It includes La Mulana and Kairo so there must be some other hidden gems.

40 MB, actually.
Other 110 MB are DirectX runtimes, which aren't even called due to devs putting the vdf file into wrong dir.
Also, fun fact - the original Japanese version of OWH was (or still is, not sure) freeware. Hide your pitchforks though - $2 is really not that much to pay for the great localization Playism guys did.
Here's to more doujin games coming through.

Even more impressive. Such a compact game packing that much depth. Also, no pitchforks raised at all, they deserve all the money for their refreshing and innovative ideas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I played Tomb Raider for over two hours today (went from 13% completion to 35% completion). Then the game crashed. At no point during that period of time did the the game save LOL.

Salsa

I played Tomb Raider for over two hours today (went from 13% completion to 35% completion). Then the game crashed. At no point during that period of time did the the game save LOL.

you should take this as a sign to stop playing that terrible garbage

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That doesn't seem right. Did you go to any camp fires?

Yes, obviously. And unlocked stuff. And went through plot points. The game saves every 45 seconds or so. But I guess since the game hard-locked my PC, Steam Cloud didn't sync and when I launched the game it didn't give me one of those save conflict dialogue boxes so tough shit for me I guess.

Arthea

I would be pissed off badly, not loling!
Do you plan to replay it again?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
finally read thru all the posts :O
why is JaseC stocking up on them AvP games lol

I haven't bought spares just yet, but the reason is that Sega is going to lose the licence eventually, at which point the games will be pulled... but having said that, with Alien: Isolation releasing later in the year it's obviously not happening any time soon so I may hold off for now -- an Aliens franchise sale prior to Isolation's release seems like a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom