• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Relax. Some people won't like RE4 at all, just learn to live with that. I really like the game (especially the Wii version) but if some don't find the appeal that's perfectly fine.

Leaving that aside: Holy crap guys. Faster Than Light is just awesome. And by that I mean seriously awesome. Micromanagment meets strategy + hectic shooting action and some RPG elements thrown in as well. It works so well.

I feel horrible for even doubting if this game was any good.

post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-Imgur-xpmf.gif

I sort the games on my steam account (backlog, currently playing, finished, etc), so I know when there's something new listed on my library.

I just noticed there are some 40-50 free to play games, most of which I've never heard of, suddenly there in my library contents. I know they weren't there yesterday.

wtf

I sort the games on my steam account (backlog, currently playing, finished, etc), so I know when there's something new listed on my library.

I just noticed there are some 40-50 free to play games, most of which I've never heard of, suddenly there in my library contents. I know they weren't there yesterday.

wtf

The newest beta did something, I have them as well.

wtf

Same here. I know I didn't suddenly own all these games. I see way too many games here.

wtf
I actually wouldn't mind it if they let you turn it off.

_hekk05

Banned
So I just got an email invite to the closed beta test of the Survarium Project by Vostok Games.

Although ...
PLEASE NOTE! FYI, currently our CBT game servers are located in Russia. This may cause connection problems and high ping rates for some of the players. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

I don't remember signing up for anything though.

Yup, there is basically every resolution possible in South Park (up through 1920:1200 60hz), and the ability to adjust gamma, and.. that's it.

I mean, it makes perfect sense given the 2d nature of the art and engine and whatnot. It's almost refreshing to see after tweak, tweak, tweaking so many other games.

I played RE4HD 30 minutes yesterday and it was still perfect. The tension, the controls, the weapons, the kicks, the enemies, the village. Perfect and better.

I never realized that owners of a game are given an icon when they post in the game's discussion board. If a person has the mouse icon then it means that they own the game.

yogloo

So I got in the home streaming beta....
HOLY SHIT.
HOW THE FUCK DOES VALVE DOES THIS?
WHAT KIND OF BLACK MAGIC DO THEY USE?
No perceptible LAG.
How the hell do they do it?
I'm very very very very VERY impressed.

Garcia

So I got in the home streaming beta....
HOLY SHIT.
HOW THE FUCK DOES VALVE DOES THIS?
WHAT KIND OF BLACK MAGIC DO THEY USE?
No imperceptible LAG.
How the hell do they do it?
I'm very very very very VERY impressed.

Wat wat wat?? More details pls? :eek:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream

Join the steam group and after a few days they will let you in the beta.

It's basically streaming games to your laptop or lesser computer anywhere around the house through lan connection. I've tried many streaming softwares and they all add in perceptible lag but valve's solution doesn't seem to add any lag at all. I'm VERY impressed.
Were you streaming over wifi or Ethernet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom