• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I never realized that owners of a game are given an icon when they post in the game's discussion board. If a person has the mouse icon then it means that they own the game.

Everybody in the Wheelman forum who has a mouse icon is my enemy.

yogloo

Were you streaming over wifi or Ethernet connection?

Wifi. Wireless n.

I tried airplay and kainy earlier this week through the same wifi connection and they were disappointing. So my expectation was really low.

Got the steam email today and tried it immediately. Hooo boy. I was really shocked at how well it ran. Tried kof, hot pursuit and batman. They all ran without lag.

Steam Client Beta Update - Mar 3

General
Fixed inability to install games or force updates outside of the auto-update time window, if specified
Fixed repeated attempts to apply pending updates to a game that is currently running

Big Picture
Added login help support for forgotten password and account name

Windows
Improved Steam overlay compatibility with 64-bit games, especially under Windows 8.1
Fixed a hang that occurred when opening the overlay for the second time in some games

Linux + SteamOS
Added support for setting voice input device in Big Picture

Virtual Reality Mode
When running in VR mode Steam will now open only the VR window and not the normal Big Picture window.
Moved VR mode log files under the Steam client install directory

In-Home Streaming Beta
Improved responsiveness and smoothness by decoupling game framerate and capture rate
Experimental framerate improvement for older dual-core laptops
Fixed audio crackling on SteamOS
Added support for Retina displays on Mac OS X
Improved remote gamepad support when streaming games from Linux

Music Beta
Improved handling of display of huge music libraries
Better handling of huge or broken cover art
Improved album cover handling if no cover is available
Selecting Artists in Artist Library now possible with controller
Show context menu on right mouse click when selecting album instead of just playing the album
Volume is now clickable with the mouse, and should be persistent after restart

Pachimari

Am I the only one who currently can't buy games in the Steam mobile app?

And I can't access the Steam app on Windows either. =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*gets home from work,turns on computer, opens steam, looks at friends list playing south park...

fuck you all :(

Arthea

skimmed through Eurogamer's review, they say it's a good game and good RPG (last part it's rather important to me, that's why I mention), I didn't like some things they wrote about combat system, but we'll leave it for now. From that review it seems like a good game, but nothing special, as expected, perhaps?
Forgot to mention, they liked humour.

RPS is saying the PC port is extremely barebones

No graphic options? Can't redefine controls? No way to switch to keyboard with a gamepad plugged in?
What is this, 2005?

for real? this is weird

Zafir

What time is South Park unlocking(There's no timer on the game page)? I take it it's the usual tedious Friday unlock for Europe?

Turfster

Groupees Shiny loot 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Fortix 2 (Steam)
  • Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
  • The Grave Digger (Greenlight)
  • Soulcaster I & II
TIER 2: 2$
  • Mark Leung - Revenge of the Bitch
  • Mosby's Confederacy (Steam)
  • So Blonde
All keys and files will be distributed through Shiny loot, so you need to make an account there

Groupees Stonerid Spotlight
PRICE: 1$
  • Stonerid (Greenlight)

Arthea

I bought cards to craft my guacamelee badge

Got an ugly background

I feel dirty

You should craft sleepy dogies badge and tell me how you feel after seeing that background.
I'll wait.

edited: I might be reading too much into this, but it seems Trails aren't coming to us this spring :(
*waiting intensifies*

Owlboy is not what it seems.

I approve this reference!

Anteater

You should craft sleepy dogies badge and tell me how you feel after seeing that background.
I'll wait.

I cheated and looked it up :<

KH6DiMM.jpg
Well this :luchamask: emoticon isn't so bad...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh fucking finally. Hopefully. Full release? Early Access? Any way to know?

Nah, that remains to be seen for the time being.

Call it creepy but I actually remember this, maybe from my lurking days.

Later on I made an animated version of it, but my timing couldn't have been worse as just when I finished the bloody thing (it was a pain in the arse trying to trim it down to 120KB without noticeable cuts) I discovered that animated avatars were no more. :(

Arthea

It's not, I enjoyed the game for 2$

If I'm not mistaken, it has worst ration of thumbs down to up on steam. That has to mean something?

it's not about playing games anymore, according to "hate your life" database, I haven't played more than 60% of my games at all, so one more can't hurt. I would buy it, if Amazon accepted paypal.

If I'm not mistaken, it has worst ration of thumbs down to up on steam. That has to mean something?

it's not about playing games anymore, according to "hate your life" database, I haven't played more than 60% of my games at all, so one more can't hurt. I would buy it, if Amazon accepted paypal.

Not really, just look at RE4 HD.

Game is far from a masterpiece, but it's not as bad as some make it to be, I enjoyed it for what it was and finished the single player campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom