• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Soon to be former friend.

ibMG01gJZ5Mc3.gif

Blablurn

Is South Park out in certain regions or is there a way to unlock it? everyone keeps talking about it :< and the people in my list are playing it already D:

derExperte

Is South Park out in certain regions or is there a way to unlock it? everyone keeps talking about it :< and the people in my list are playing it already D:

http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

+

http://steamcommunity.com/app/213670/discussions/0/558749191393083597/

NCSA (America) : Now Available
LATAM (South America) : Now Available
EMEA (Europe): March 6, 2014 (except)
Australia & New Zealand: March 6, 2014
UK: March 7, 2014
Asia : March 6, 2014
Africa : March 6, 2014
Russia : March 6, 2014

=

fun

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, I'm in the UK and my girlfriend's out for the evening tomorrow. Might use that VPN thing to unlock South Park and get stuck in.

Edit: Do I just need to log in to Steam with the VPN? No account changing nonsense or anything?

Nah, that remains to be seen for the time being.

but I hate surprises :(

Later on I made an animated version of it, but my timing couldn't have been worse as just when I finished the bloody thing (it was a pain in the arse trying to trim it down to 120KB without noticeable cuts) I discovered that animated avatars were no more. :(

I'm trying to relate but I can't miss what I never had. *folds arms*

Knurek

Later on I made an animated version of it, but my timing couldn't have been worse as just when I finished the bloody thing (it was a pain in the arse trying to trim it down to 120KB without noticeable cuts) I discovered that animated avatars were no more. :(

Since APNG conforms to PNG standard, it should work, shouldn't it? Not in IE, obviously, but who cares about IE users...

Took the time to read through John Walker's South Park review.

The lack of PC options, the bad balancing and weak beginning hours don't make it sound appealing at all. That and the mindless offensiveness. I'm used to newer South Park episodes being at least somewhat smart about it.

The_Monk

Yep, can't wait. I hope they release it a bit earlier than episode 1, I'd like to play it already tonight :)

Same! I can wait for South Park on Friday, knowing I have this to play this evening.

Same, I guess it starts to update at 6PM in here so I'm hoping to play it after dinner if all goes well.

Wow, I did not know this. Good day indeed.

I just hope it's better/longer than the Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I recommend using Spotflux as it has no session limits; while exiting a VPN when you're in-game won't kick you out of it, your status will revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

Since APNG conforms to PNG standard, it should work, shouldn't it? Not in IE, obviously, but who cares about IE users...

Possibly, but I don't want to lose my avatar privileges. ;)

I'm trying to relate but I can't miss what I never had. *folds arms*

Haha, I've never used an animated avatar, either. The Agent Cooper one would've been my first.

M. Night Shayayayyayyaayaymalan

M. Night Shyamalamadingdong.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm sure somebody's seen it and mentioned it already, so sorry if its been posted, I haven't been keeping up:

Starbound - £8.99 on the Humble Store

I'm probably gonna pick it up and just wait til its released proper to actually play. I was gonna buy Day 1 anyways and doubt I'll find it cheaper than this.

Tellaerin

I'm debating whether or not to create a "Default" category for my games and throwing them all into it now, before the F2P crap shows up in my list.

Garcia

7 hours to go for the next HIB. It will be hard to top #11 but then again anything could happen.

FTL update: I was just about to reach Sector 8 (easy difficulty) but couldn't escape the rebel fleet. One of the routes I chose didn't create a bridge to the exit so I had to backtrack straight into the danger zone 3 times, lol.

Incredible game. A complete steal for $3.39.

I'm now torn between FTL and OWH; both are highly addictive and almost put me in a coin toss situation just to decide which one to play.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Since SEGA is in a sale mood these past few weeks, I wouldn't say no to a Humble SEGA Bundle

$1 Tier
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing
Alpha Protocol
Medieval II Total War
Company of Heroes Complete Edition

BTA Tier 1
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed
Shogun II Total War
Binary Domain
Empire Total War

BTA Tier 2
Company of Heroes 2

I own almost all of these game but this would be a killer deal

A Humble Humble Bundle?

The last months there was a humble bundle right after the last one ended. There was just one time where there was a gap of one day between 2 bundles.

Since SEGA is in a sale mood these past few weeks, I wouldn't say no to a Humble SEGA Bundle

$1 Tier
Alpha Protocol
Medieval II Total War

BTA Tier 1
Shogun II Total War
Binary Domain
Empire Total War

BTA Tier 2
Company of Heroes 2

That would be a fine Bundle there. But they would probaby swap CoH2 with Rome 2.

Copons

$1 Tier
Alpha Protocol
Medieval II Total War

BTA Tier 1
Shogun II Total War
Binary Domain
Empire Total War

BTA Tier 2
Company of Heroes 2

Eh, shit, I'm drooling all over the place for this, but I have to ask you why no Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia remake? :D

Arthea

Eh, shit, I'm drooling all over the place for this, but I have to ask you why no Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia remake? :D

and while we are at it, preoders of all Yakuza games, now coming to steam, PSO2, Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate too. Am I forgetting anything?

Half Life 3 being released this month

that goes without saying is like limited bonus we had in one of HBs

Oh yes, I would totally nth-dip on PSO.
I've still locked in my veins the rhythm of combo-shooting from the first PSO, so much that I often find myself mumbling "pshuu! [pause] pshuu! [pause] pshuu! [long pause] [repeat]" while deeply focused at work. :D

I imagined it, that's too funny (><)

to rub it in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRPgQEKbkuQ

Copons

and while we are at it, preoders of all Yakuza games, now coming to steam, PSO2, Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate too. Am I forgetting anything?

Oh yes, I would totally nth-dip on PSO.
I've still locked in my veins the rhythm of combo-shooting from the first PSO, so much that I often find myself mumbling "pshuu! [pause] pshuu! [pause] pshuu! [long pause] [repeat]" while deeply focused at work. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mosby's Confederacy -- MB-7023F1FDD638EA3D - Taken by kurahador
One Way Heroics -- MB-DC3AB282B7918629 - Taken by Madridista
Fortix 2 -- MB-339592020A0948B5 - Taken by _hekk05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom