• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Aww at that Humble. I guess hoping for another decent one after the last one is asking a bit much, but still.

Oh well, back to Fortix 2!

Garcia

It's an Android Bundle!

ieeZki.gif

zeroOman

Not entirely. If you want to play a game and your friend is in a game from your library, you can either kick him off to play your library or just play a game from his library. Makes sense to me.

Then there is no benefits in using share if I have to leave my acc alone if someone else want to use my library. Look at sony and how u can share a game with ur other friend and u still can play it in the same time

nai

Can someone explain to me why I suddenly have a bunch of strange games in my library? It's not just a couple, but a lot.

From the Hunie pop page:
-Over 250 unique items (food, drinks, equipment, gifts) that you can purchase, unlock, collect and give as gifts.
-Customize the girls' appearance with unlockable hairstyles, outfits, even shoes! The girls will usually dress up for special occasions and dates as well.

Goddammit. I'm all in.
There needs to be more games with customization.

From the Hunie pop page:
-Over 250 unique items (food, drinks, equipment, gifts) that you can purchase, unlock, collect and give as gifts.
-Customize the girls' appearance with unlockable hairstyles, outfits, even shoes! The girls will usually dress up for special occasions and dates as well.

Goddammit. I'm all in.

Excellent, another one joins us in this cult!
dtS2via.gif

derExperte

Folks these days don't know they're born with the convince of Steam and the such like. You try faffing around with SoundBlaster settings for Rebel Assault, that took ages to get working correctly and was such a bitter disappointment when it did work.

Wait, RA a disppointment? The gameplay was severly limited but it looked so much better than anything else and it was Star Wars when Star Wars was still exciting.

kurahador

From the Hunie pop page:

Goddammit. I'm all in.

Oh wow...didn't know the game managed to reach its goal on kickstarter.
Day 1....if it's $5 and less.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
268x268.resizedimage

Wow. This looks incredibly promising if they can deliver everything they talk about. Likely coming in Winter 2015.

Join us on a mindbending trip to a world that no one has ever seen before. Discover truth and beauty in a place that follows its own rules. Live an alien existence full of meaning and surprises. You are NOWHERE. You are NOW-HERE.

Still in early alpha stage, NOWHERE aims to be a holistic first person experience set within a mystic cosmos, focusing on emergent player-driven storytelling, strong social AI and high replayability through the use of procedural content, combining gameplay elements of exploration, survival, strategy, communication and adventure.

Our story arc aims to explore human topics such as family, science, religion, politics, culture and history as well as shed light on existential themes such as fate, choice and free will, seen through the unfamiliar lens of individuals in a post humanist, post singularian alien society.

NOWHERE was born out of the desire to make sense of the human condition through the pursuit of new experiences. We believe that games can relate wisdom; we are convinced that playing games can lead to new perspectives and better life decisions in a fun way. With NOWHERE we aim to contribute to this line of thought.

donny2112

There's just something about the Steam thread where I see a game on sale that I already own, makes me want to buy the game again cause the price is just too good to pass up, and then give it away. :lol Nice.

Also, this is actually the Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Thou Filthy Love bundle. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Typing of the Dead -- MB-1DA3794E2103B041

t1394051047z1.png

Dr Dogg

Wait, RA a disppointment? The gameplay was severly limited but it looked so much better than anything else and it was Star Wars when Star Wars was still exciting.

Considering I put 100's of hours into X-Wing and Tie Fighter, to me the end result was a disappointment. Having a single speed CD ROM drive didn't help mind but all those FMV based games weren't my cup of tea. Though I did have a soft spot for Wing Commander 3 what with Hamill, McDowell and Biff Tannen staring and Jedi Knight's were the fun kind of cheesey but at least the gameplay was more traditional and fleshed out in those titles.

Dolor

I, for one, welcome our dating simulator overlords.

Not really interested in them actually, but more games on Steam is almost always good.

JustinBB7

So with Dark Souls stat change to steamworks, shouldn't it be up soon then? Or will it be later? Seems kinda weird to already change it in the database when it's not out yet.

I think Batman had a sale so maybe they will do a weekend sale with the change?

I, for one, welcome our dating simulator overlords.

Not really interested in them actually, but more games on Steam is almost always good.

Man, that "theme song" on the Backstage Pass trailer is like every fantastic stereotype of VN themes ever. Overly literal and unlyrical translation into English? Check. A voice so processed you can't tell if it's a Vocaloid or someone sent through the AutoTune wringer? Check. Canned keyboards from 1988? Check.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Indiegala Rise of Flight happy hour is on.

Which reminds me:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Flight: Legendary Bombers (DLC) -- MB-4F27DAC8129A95F8 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
Rise of Flight: Furious Wings (DLC) -- MB-2AB4C294A35FCDA4 - Taken by Kaper

Go nuts, lurkers. ;)

KLonso

Did anyone else have a whole bunch of uninstalled free to play games added to their steam libraries? How do I get rid of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom