• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I found a fix, finally. After hours of screwing around and searching for answers on the internet, which was just an enormous waste of time, I finally found a fix to all the freezes i've had with Assassin's Creed IV.
The game was litterally unplayable, couldn't even get through the intro mission. But the weird thing was, when it froze, the audio continued. So I started screwing around at the audio-side of things and guess what? After dialing my audio-quality down through the Windows Configuration-screen the freezes stopt...
What is this, Skyrim?!

Just though I should share this even though it's not Steam related in my case. Maybe it will help someone who has the same problem. Probably should post this on pcgamingwiki, after "play-testing" some more, that is.

Now I can actually play the game, and it's fun! I love the pirate setting. :)
Abstergo thing and it's first-person gameplay is a bit mindblowingly weird though, haha.

Apologies for any bad english grammar in this post. It's not my native language and i'm really, really tired.

Yep, I remember those days. When I was in college I owned a Gateway 2000 PC, it was a 486DX2-50 (with math co-processor), and it was the only PC in the entire dorm capable of running Doom smoothly. People would stop by our room just to play Doom for a bit, or they would gather around behind us as we played it on my 15" CRT monitor.

And when I wanted to play Longbow (a helicopter sim) I also needed a boot disk with a custom autoexec.bat file in order to open up enough upper memory in order to even play the game out of DOS.

PC gaming today is 1000% better than it was then, it might as well be console gaming it's so incredibly easy, lol.

As a noob to pc gaming I very much agree with this. It's been a revelation. It's so much cheaper too. The only big drawback for me really is that now I don't want to spend the £30-40 for the Wii U & 3DS games I wish to play :/.

Sounds like a plan!

Indeed :). It's the responsible but boring plan but I think it's what I'm going to have to go with.

I do appreciate everyone's replies though. I really enjoyed it :).

There's just something about the Steam thread where I see a game on sale that I already own, makes me want to buy the game again cause the price is just too good to pass up, and then give it away. :lol Nice.

Also, this is actually the Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Thou Filthy Love bundle. :)

I've been so good with not entering ModBot giveaways recently in an attempt to not add to my backlog but I can't resist this one! Thanks donny :).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eidos Montreal (Thief guys) laid off 27 people...welp :/

A-Train 8 is 75% off.
Should I buy it? Or wait for A-Train 9 to come out on Steam (it's on greenlight right now)?
I'm a big tycoon/building sim fan (Transport Tycoon, Sim City, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, this is... something.

ss_c03823e4dda85005c335e872ac411f5b47823242.1920x1080.jpg

Awesome, thanks! Really looking forward to digging into it.

No problem! I'm surprised so many people entered that. I'm thinking about buying another key to giveaway if so many people are interested.

Aerocrane

I hope the steam keys from my giveaway worked. I guess people would have PM'd me if they wouldn't.

Has anyone here actually played Rise of Flight? Is it a very hardcore simulator or is it easy to just get in a plane and fly around for a bit? I don't mind playing more complex simulators like DCS, but I want something that isn't quite as time consuming to get into.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is the GMG south park steam key just 1 key for both the game and the pre-order content? because thats a first if so, its usually seperate keys

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've done it. I've bought my first bundle for which I have no interest in a single game. It was the Humble Simulator Bundle, and I'm not going to install any of them (paid just $1).

Someone kill me now, please.

dani_dc

I've done it. I've bought my first bundle for which I have no interest in a single game. It was the Humble Simulator Bundle, and I'm not going to install any of them (paid just $1).

Someone kill me now, please.

Why would you do that?
I've started to not even bother to buy most bundles now a days.

Wok

Well, this is... something.

Excellence In Narrative
Excellence In Audio
Nuovo Award
Seumas McNally Grand Prize

This game is an IGF finalist and I am glad I will be able to play it on PC.

The Vanguard Princess Community hub is a pretty cool place.
Unless you're at work

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262150/screenshots/ NSFW

I have got a key from that Groupees bundle. héhé

I have already activated the Director's cut edition. héhé

Goddammit, just finished the new walking dead episode. So great! Really hard-hitting developments. I think this season will be a fine addition to the first one!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
People with Reddit accounts - don't forget to ask about Enhanced Steam/jshackles working for Valve.

And if you do, post a link here so we can all upvote it. :)

Ricker

Why does my Library of 21 games usually now has 102 games in there that need to be installed...? how do I get rid of that...?

The_Monk

Just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead Season 2 my good people.

It felt a bit short to me but I found it more intense than the second episode of The Wolf Among Us. It's hard to say something without spoilers, there was "someone" from the 400 Days DLC and someone you might expect (or not) from Season 1. Some parts of the writing in this episode felt a bit.. off. It just didn't made much sense but either way it was a really good episode. I would say it was shorter but that's the point: when you are so focused on the story you don't want your game to end so until episode 3 is out I'll wait. :)

So I have no idea what I've done, I've talked this out with JaseC, but somehow my Steam account has become immune to VPN. No matter what I do, South Park refuses to unlock. The only thing I can think is its something up with the SubID (http://steamdb.info/sub/32186/) but nothing I can see there seems out of place.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Someone ask Gabe if he wants a NeoGAF account.

(Will be a junior until he releases HL3).

A very very very very very obvious fake person / troll already registered here using Gabe's email address. Of course the account was never activated because the email address was never confirmed, and the email address was never confirmed because you can't sign up for an account using someone else's email address and expect them to confirm it. LOL. This was a couple months ago, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom