• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Everyone is trying to get the enhanced steam guy noticed? Oh.

If only one question had to be answered, it would be this one.

Just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead Season 2 my good people.

It felt a bit short to me but I found it more intense than the second episode of The Wolf Among Us. It's hard to say something without spoilers, there was "someone" from the 400 Days DLC and someone you might expect (or not) from Season 1. Some parts of the writing in this episode felt a bit.. off. It just didn't made much sense but either way it was a really good episode. I would say it was shorter but that's the point: when you are so focused on the story you don't want your game to end so until episode 3 is out I'll wait. :)

I need to play it now, otherwise I cannot read your comment. I am afraid of spoilers.

MRORANGE

A very very very very very obvious fake person / troll already registered here using Gabe's email address. Of course the account was never activated because the email address was never confirmed, and the email address was never confirmed because you can't sign up for an account using someone else's email address and expect them to confirm it. LOL. This was a couple months ago, BTW.

Well.... it was worth a shot ;)

Wok

A very very very very very obvious fake person / troll already registered here using Gabe's email address. Of course the account was never activated because the email address was never confirmed, and the email address was never confirmed because you can't sign up for an account using someone else's email address and expect them to confirm it. LOL. This was a couple months ago, BTW.

Or, maybe, just maybe, Gabe already has an account, and he knows having multiple accounts gets you a ban.

The_Monk

I need to play it now, otherwise I cannot read your comment. I am afraid of spoilers.

YOU CAN SAFELY READ THIS! ;)

I would never put anything major without a fair warning so it's okay. Unless you are very, very sensitive, in that case just go and enjoy Episode 2. I didn't mentioned names, choices or anything similar. It's not very long and it might left you wishing for more so have fun.

Nymphae

Banned
Apparently it's a problem with the beta client. You'll have to opt out of it to fix it.

What's this again? I have like 120 games on Steam, just logged in and I have over 200 in my library now, apparently ready to install. What is the deal here? If I try and install these will it work? Will I be charged?

Wok

YOU CAN SAFELY READ THIS! ;)

I would never put anything major without a fair warning so it's okay. Unless you are very, very sensitive, in that case just go and enjoy Episode 2. I didn't mentioned names, choices or anything similar. It's not very long and it might left you wishing for more so have fun.

Dammit, my savefile for Episode 1 is on another computer. I guess I will have to wait for tomorrow evening before I can play Episode 2. Why no Steam Cloud?

The_Monk

Dammit, my savefile for Episode 1 is on another computer. I guess I will have to wait for tomorrow evening before I can play Episode 2. Why no Steam Cloud?

Same happened to me fellow GAFfer. Had to start with random decisions since the first Episode from season 2. What a shame... :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wouldn't expect them to care more about the game now than when they originally released it.

loki_gif.gif

Hinomura

Weeeeell a couple of things...

A little notice for Hoostrax (and for top-down racers fans)
There's another top down racer I found pretty interesting and fun (aside the driving license you have to obtain to enter career mode): Real World Racing. It's one of the very few games on Steam developed by Italian people too (along with Assetto Corsa, MirrorMoon EP aaand... that's it?).
You can buy two steam keys for 5.99$ + bonus material here: https://www.indiegala.com/special
Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/253470/
There's a demo on the Steam page, if you like it you should consider the full game :)

A new and interesting Greenlight project approached!
It's Retro Game Crunch, a compilation of "8bit like" games that really captured my attention. You can buy it at humble store (I did it, obviously) here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/retrogamecrunch_storefront and they promise a Steam key if greenlit.
This is the homepage: http://retrogamecrunch.com/
And this is the Greenlight page, don't forget to upvote! ^__^ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227008079

Tellaerin

What's this again? I have like 120 games on Steam, just logged in and I have over 200 in my library now, apparently ready to install. What is the deal here? If I try and install these will it work? Will I be charged?

Sadly, they're just a bunch of F2P games, not some unexpected jackpot in the Steam game lottery. :s

Hinomura

And since I'm here...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Luxor Evolved -- MB-16512CB45AE8AD77 - Taken by rookiejet. 12 entrants total.
The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-3042C60DA1B61269 - Taken by Myshkin. 12 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-1E05759261865D69 - Taken by Saikyo. 14 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please Plus Ben There, Dan That -- MB-94E6624D6B7A5283 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Kaptain Brawe A Brawe New World -- MB-01BBCAE419B58027 - Taken by Jive Turkey. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) -- MB-5711A2CD04DAC84D - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-9E99DCA5765D4402 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 7 entrants total.
POSTAL -- MB-D86BCCBD31B00107 - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.
Eryi's Action -- MB-E0C0928D20B5448C - Taken by Mleugie. 10 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-D7824EA2C321E8E5 - Taken by Coldsun. 5 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-384EF9A05CE90711 - Taken by _hekk05. 15 entrants total.
Arcane Worlds -- MB-87AF7231C32274CC - Taken by Sarcasm. 13 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-E1D97662FAE4F685 - Taken by trailmix16. 18 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-F61C6B693642CA17 - Taken by drakaenae. 11 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-0EED072B9D5954C3 - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-D62A4328B60E77DA - Taken by natertots. 3 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-63665876AC4545F6 - Taken by bkw. 17 entrants total.
Ring Runner Flight of the Sages -- MB-62BFB0A4D54F6FC2 - Taken by bronson. 8 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-2670D27424A54280 - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-D63109932A0919C6 - Taken by StAidan. 15 entrants total.
Monday Night Combat -- MB-B2C52759E4685739 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-7B0059866A15870C - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-04341226E2502E60 - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hippocampal (Desura) -- MB-632284603EBF8730
Blockland -- MB-647025EEC555785C - Taken by Sub Zero. 7 entrants total.
Kairo -- MB-065FD61B03A0A686 - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-690886E87D02A438 - Taken by scorpscarx. 6 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-D61CBFBEAF0B2E16 - Taken by Garcia. 5 entrants total.
Frozen Hearth -- MB-93CA6BBA75E0CD6E - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.

t1393984628z1.png

KarmaCow

Use the code with this link: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-BD6B4D67B832A860 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-6A5467AB737984F0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-77F529209585CE67 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-149B8178656E933D - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-F5855EC723D6CA47 - Taken by okayfrog. 5 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-ED950218128EAB0B - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.

t1393974818z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam support is so stupid:

My ticket was a series of questions about moving between countries and updating my Steam account so that everything works in the new country. It included the sentence: "This summer I plan to move. I don't have a date for the move yet, but I am contacting all of my account providers to find out in advance whether or not there's anything in particular that I have to do. Do not make any changes to my account yet."

The response is requesting me to upload an ID card from the new country to "switch my default currency over".

Sajjaja

My ticket was a series of questions about moving between countries and updating my Steam account so that everything works in the new country. It included the sentence: "This summer I plan to move. I don't have a date for the move yet, but I am contacting all of my account providers to find out in advance whether or not there's anything in particular that I have to do. Do not make any changes to my account yet."

The response is requesting me to upload an ID card from the new country to "switch my default currency over".

WHY YOU LEAVING CANADA FOR THO

Tellaerin

I'd be seriously tempted to resend them the same email with the passage you just quoted bolded. :p

Kaleinc

Banned

Don't listen to the mad man.

I couldn't resist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom