• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Tower of Guns is out!

I also highly recommend One Finger Death Punch

man how did I miss the bundles having these games :/

268x268.resizedimage

This is how you do a trailer.

this look insaneeeeee!'

hmm now I should really be careful about not missing ANY bundles :/ especially those with greenlight games

Dammit! I was going to make a 'joke' about how Steam is getting DDOSed again but then someone had to go and mention that it was the Tuesday maintenance and spoil all my fun :(.

What? It's a change from the constant bloody HL3 'jokes'!

Hey, leave me alone! :'( I'm just trying to come up with some new material after The_Monk as good as told me that my normal schtick is getting predictable :(.

Everywhere else it's more expensive. If you can't wait, GMG is the solution :)

Thanks!!! I'll do it.

Its a pretty solid game by the way.

I am thourghly enjoying myself in both RE4 and Stick of Truth.

Well I've watched some videos and looks really funny. First Day feels like the right thing to do xd.

I was concerned about optimization being made by Obsidian but seems pretty solid. Anything so far in your play trough?

Well I have a good sense of humor and I don't get offended easily.

You may enjoy it then. I haven't played it myself, but I'm sure it will be like the show. Maybe you should go on youtube and watch some clips of the show and game or something. That'd probably give you a good idea of what to expect. I have a feeling though that it will have a lot of humor based on knowing the show, so that much might be lost on you.

rtcn63

I've had a K701 for years. Not a fan of the treble, would rather the HD600s. Sucks that Sennheiser US has jacked up the prices of the HD line from back when I owned them.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Those are quality phones, but they were only considered when they were on deep discount on Amazon a few weeks back.

Yeah I'm hoping to keep enough scratch around to grab them next time it happens. Not that the AKG's are bad phones, just the overwhelming majority always seems to say "GO FIDELIO"

Nabs

Steam Client Beta Update - Mar 4
We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General
Fixed uninstalled, free apps showing up in user's game library
Fixed installed apps detecting content updates

Big Picture
Fixed a performance regression when Steam Big Picture would take all available CPU resources when minimized.

Linux + SteamOS + Mac
Fixed a game crash occurring when more than ten processes were attached to the Steam overlay, fixing "CID The Dummy" on Linux.

In-Home Streaming Beta
Implemented remote game controller support for Dishonored

Music Beta
Improved display of artist and album metadata in place of album art, when missing

Backlogger

Steam support is so stupid:

My ticket was a series of questions about moving between countries and updating my Steam account so that everything works in the new country. It included the sentence: "This summer I plan to move. I don't have a date for the move yet, but I am contacting all of my account providers to find out in advance whether or not there's anything in particular that I have to do. Do not make any changes to my account yet."

The response is requesting me to upload an ID card from the new country to "switch my default currency over".

Must be the same person that responded to my support ticket. I basically made a statement about the status of something on my account, then followed up with a question about it. Support responded by confirming the statement I had already made about the status, but did not answer the question I asked about it.

I've sense figured it out on my own by doing some research on my Steam Market transactions, but geez. I waited 2 days for a basically worthless response.

It may be full of references to all things South Park but surely from a non fan point of view if you have a dark sense of humour it'd be funny too ?
Maybe. But reviews point to a generic RPG and easy difficulty. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it's difficult to enjoy a game like that if you're not a fan.

Same with Ghostbusters the video game or Blood Stone. They'd be generic TPSs if you weren't a fan of the material.

Grief.exe

I've had a K701 for years. Not a fan of the treble, would rather the HD600s. Sucks that Sennheiser US has jacked up the prices of the HD line from back when I owned them.

Yeah I'm hoping to keep enough scratch around to grab them next time it happens. Not that the AKG's are bad phones, just the overwhelming majority always seems to say "GO FIDELIO"

So the Q/K 700 series is essentially the next step up from the AD700. Super analytic, massive sound stage, great positioning. One word: Balance.
The downside is they don't have as much bass pump as one would like. My current phones are the AD700s and I love them, ready to step up to the next level.

From what I have heard the X1's aren't quite as balanced, accurate, or have quite the positioning/stage as the Q/K 700 or AD 700, but are better for music/movie listening.
Better all around phone in other words.

DT990's are another really good gaming option in that X1 price range as well.

I also like the aesthetics of he Q/K 700 line.

wilflare

So the Q/K 700 series is essentially the next step up from the AD700. Super analytic, massive sound stage, great positioning. One word: Balance.
The downside is they don't have as much bass pump as one would like. My current phones are the AD700s and I love them, ready to step up to the next level.

From what I have heard the X1's aren't quite as balanced, accurate, or have quite the positioning/stage as the Q/K 700 or AD 700, but are better for music/movie listening.

been trying to hunt down a good pair of headphones :/ pretty bummed on missing the X1s to be honest. hmm :/

(should I get a Kindle? - it's on sale for $99)

derExperte

Got a 10% voucher for Luftrauser, glad I waited to preorder. Same happened with Shadow Warrior but there I was too fast. So: Never instantly preorder a Devolver game.

Considering I put 100's of hours into X-Wing and Tie Fighter, to me the end result was a disappointment.

While Tie wasn't out when RA got released I was a big, big fan of X too but I knew that it wouldn't be the same, so maybe slightly wrong expectations. Seeing a demo running in a store in 93 was totally mindblowing and imo it played well enough for what it was. Three years later when RA2 came out the magic was pretty much gone (also those 'actors'....), still I hope we'll get a rerelease someday.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yeah I feel ya, I'm using the A700s (liked the slightly better bass at the time) but my ears ache for some open-air goodness. Great cans but it is time to step up. I had considered the DT990s but the look just doesn't do anything for me. Will be keeping an eye out for your thoughts if you decide to grab the Q-701.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom