• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsun

Banned
Its non vintage since I didn't abuse the support request (Bill vintages were given as replacements when people accidentally deleted them). Looks like 6 or so keys per non-vintage.

Each key is what these days? 13 or so bucks?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Its non vintage since I didn't abuse the support request (Bill vintages were given as replacements when people accidentally deleted them). Looks like 6 or so keys per non-vintage.

Each key is what these days? 13 or so bucks?

A key is ~$2.30 (~$2) these days.

zkylon

zkylewd
The hell are we talking about Xenosaga/gears in a STEAM thread?

Got my hopes up for a belated PC port, and saw it was just a buncha talk about waifus which are irrelevant to Steam.

The game(s) still takes a beast of a machine to emulate on PCSX2.
not really a beast, but it is pretty demanding. the most out of all the ps2 games I've tried emulating. that'd be drakengard, persona 3, megaten nocturne and fm4 and 5. I also tried one armored core game (forgot which) but it froze my computer so I dunno wtf was that about lol

like xeno 1 was the most taxing for some reason. xeno 2 was for the most part ok but it could hang up on certain areas and xeno 3 took a bit of tinkering but now runs the best of 'em

Anteater

syberia aged pretty well

2014-02-23_00001fbszr.jpg

Finished To the Moon

didn't make me cry, but wouldn't mind some e-hugs man

also regarding the ending
when the screen flashes red and Watts takes those painkillers. So he's sick or is there something deeper going on. I'd like to think this is something rather simple and not Inception stuff (that flash was similar to when Johnny felt pain). Can't wait for the sequel.

Finished To the Moon

when the screen flashes red and Watts takes those painkillers. So he's sick or is there something deeper going on. I'd like to think this is something rather simple and not Inception stuff. Can't wait for the sequel.
*Hug*
I think the female doctor is dying from the car crash at the beginning of the game, Watts was just using the equipment on her, since they've failed to reach the old man in time. So Watts fulfilled her dream of fulfilling the old man's dream.

Wok

Finished To the Moon

when the screen flashes red and Watts takes those painkillers. So he's sick or is there something deeper going on. I'd like to think this is something rather simple and not Inception stuff (that flash was similar to when Johnny felt pain). Can't wait for the sequel.

In my opinion, Watts is
seriously sick, and this is why he is always taking pills and trying to crack jokes.

In my opinion, Watts is
seriously sick, and this is why he is always taking pills and trying to crack jokes.

It's been so long since I played it, but according to what I felt and remembered,
I agree that it is the male doctor who is dying, not the female.

Milamber

Huh, in LEGO Marvel, a floating/non-flying character like Magneto or Jean Grey have a much wider stud pickup range than a grounded character. Good to know.

Coldsun

Banned
What do people do with TF2 stuff that isn't marketable? I have like 30 TF2 items I'm never gonna use because I don't play TF2, but virtually all of them are not marketable :(

And then, what do you do with a thing that's not marketable AND not tradable? Seems kinda useless.

Non-marketable gets traded for keys or other items through 3rd party sites (like the bills hats).

Non-Tradable? Good question!

apparently when you play as Neil and "fight" that squirrel his health bar isn't full. When you play as Eva, hers is full. I think that's an indicator that Neil has health issues.
But that doesn't invalidate my theory, it is shown that they are in someone's head, and it certainly is not Neil's.

What do people do with TF2 stuff that isn't marketable? I have like 30 TF2 items I'm never gonna use because I don't play TF2, but virtually all of them are not marketable :(

And then, what do you do with a thing that's not marketable AND not tradable? Seems kinda useless.

You can use them in game but I assume that is not your intention. So there is a gift package thingy, an item that allows you to wrap your item and make it trade able.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dynamite Jack -- MB-6AA6AFF4BB38F478 - Taken by _hekk05. 3 entrants total.

t1393150941z1.png

kurahador

Craft them and hope to get something you like.

But that doesn't invalidate my theory, it is shown that they are in someone's head, and it certainly is not Neil's.

Gahh...your theory has made it even more depressing, I think you're right.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Can anyone explain the drop system of CS:GO? Bought the game back in the autumn sale but didn't play it much outside of some bot matches and a few online deathmatches in which I got destroyed by the more experienced players...Heard you can make some money out of it.

Knurek

Wrapped TOmb Raider (2013) yesteday.
I don't really know what all the haters ITT are going on about. It's more than a perfectly suitable cover shooter with some minor platforming/collectathon elements.
Sure, I'd much rather play a collectathon platformer with some minor cover shooting, but oh well... AAA gaming, ladies and gentlemen.
Had fun either way, perfect game length (~15 hours) as well. Looked absolutely stunning at times, 60fps with some drops while streaming levels on my crappy Pentium G2030+6770@768p (Medium LOD, Textures High, FXAA, normal hair)
Bought the game for $13 IIRC, can't say I think I was ripped off.
Oh, and I didn't touch MP at all, although I guess that's pretty dead by now.

Anteater

I don't really know what all the haters ITT are going on about. It's more than a perfectly suitable cover shooter with some minor platforming/collectathon elements.
Sure, I'd much rather play a collectathon platformer with some minor cover shooting, but oh well... AAA gaming, ladies and gentlemen.
Had fun either way, perfect game length (~15 hours) as well. Looked absolutely stunning at times, 60fps with some drops while streaming levels on my crappy Pentium G2030+6770@768p (Medium LOD, Textures High, FXAA, normal hair)

I don't recall many people hating TR in Steam thread other than Derrick (I think)

I enjoyed the game but thought it's pretty average especially towards the second half

Faabulous

It's not a terrible game, I just think its boring as all hell. Got 5 hours in and just couldn't take it anymore. Shooting people gets old pretty fast and the other gameplay is just handed to you, no challenge. It's mediocre at best.

zkylon

zkylewd
so now I'm on the end end of xeno 3, last dungeon, start!

man I don't want it to end :<

Finished To the Moon

*hugss*

man that game was a ride

make sure you play the small "side quest" thingie. it's on the game's folder, you just can't launch it from steam.

it's not really much new but it sheds some light into to the moon's universe and it's just more time with these fun characters

wazoo

Consoles having no backwards compatibility really kills it for me, despite loving everything Sony has done so far with the machine, but I guess the blame was on ps3 having a different architecture, hopefully moving forward it will be a bit like the PC when the time comes for the PS4 > PS5 transition.

ps3 and ps2 will be on ps4 by streaming using playstation now.

pS4 will be on ps5 by electromagnetic quantic brain stimulation (available when they implement non-quantic DRM).

Anteater

ps3 and ps2 will be on ps4 by streaming using playstation now.

pS4 will be on ps5 by electromagnetic quantic brain stimulation (available when they implement non-quantic DRM).

My internet won't be good enough for that kind of stuff and it's being shared with my family. PS2 games will probably be available for download though since they are already emulated well on the ps3.

Still, one of the reasons people still hesitate to get a ps4 and prefer gaming on pc is because it's mostly backwards compatible, most people in this thread are playing relatively old games with better graphics, we don't see a lot of people talk about BF4 and NFS Rivals lol. Heck some people are still buying a PS3 to play some of the games.

nicjac

I really enjoyed the game. I think it was a good effort to modernise the franchise. There were some issues though. I found the game went on for too long, the story was OK at best, and the characters were forgettable. The levelling system was not needed, neither were the billion different collectibles.

The presentation was amazing. Was the first game I played on my new rig and I couldn't believe the IQ in some parts.

Tenrius

So I've tried playing some Raven (the German adventure game) and the perfomance was weirdly bad. Massive frame rate drops in a lot of areas and with a lot of camera angles. The movement controls are also semi-broken: it's really hard to use location exits which happen to be at the bottom of the screen if you use mouse controls (there's also a gamepad option). From what I've otherwise seen, it's a pretty solid adventure game. I've noticed Stump has been playing it a lot, so he probably has something more to say. Oh, and I don't really like how there are no hidden achievements in the game and each one contains massive spoilers.

So I've tried playing some Raven (the German adventure game) and the perfomance was weirdly bad. Massive frame rate drops in a lot of areas and with a lot of camera angles. The movement controls are also semi-broken: it's really hard to use location exits which happen to be at the bottom of the screen if you use mouse controls (there's also a gamepad option). From what I've otherwise seen, it's a pretty solid adventure game. I've noticed Stump has been playing it a lot, so he probably has something more to say. Oh, and I don't really like how there are no hidden achievements in the game and each one contains massive spoilers.

I don't like to be a gameracist but despite the fact that german companies are really interested in adventure games, they most of the time produce Euro Jank.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
japanhmsuj.jpg

~Let's go to Japan~

Also, I misread the app id that the Settlers 7 DLC pack requires so now I really do need to try and wrangle a Steam key for Paths to a Kingdom vanilla out of Ubi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom