• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

So the Q/K 700 series is essentially the next step up from the AD700. Super analytic, massive sound stage, great positioning. One word: Balance.
The downside is they don't have as much bass pump as one would like. My current phones are the AD700s and I love them, ready to step up to the next level.

The K701's frequency response has an upward tilt, resulting in the light bass and shouty treble. (I have to tune the latter out mentally or else it becomes difficult to listen to) The Q apparently has more bass. The HD600/650 are probably better balanced overall, with more accurate tonal accuracy. I had the 600 for a bit, and I don't recall the treble ever bothering as much.

(should I get a Kindle? - it's on sale for $99)

The 2014 model will likely drop soon, so... I'd wait. Bought my Kindle Touch two months before the Light version was announced, regret it.

Sky Chief said:
[–]VeggieSmuggler 265 points 44 minutes ago*
Do you play Dota 2 a lot? What's your favorite hero? Is HL3 coming?
[–]GabeNewellBellevueGabe Newell 496 points 27 minutes ago
1) Yup 2) Sand King / Random 3) Yes

Trollol

the guy edited his post after GabeN responded and changed the question. No HL3

derExperte

How the hell do you get great coupons so regularly?

Gabe sees that I don't own enough games and has mercy. That and Devolver Digital throws them out like candy, I suspect it won't be hard to find this one, keep an eye on Trashbot for example.

Btw Trashbot has 50% voucher for Girls Like Robots if anyone is interested. And 75% Syder Arcade.

I got a standard Kindle for 25€ and have barely used the thing, I get the appeal but it's not for everyone and that price wouldn't be in my 'who cares' range. Think of all the bundles you could buy.

Turfster

Do you read a lot of books? Are your walls covered in books and do you just not have enough space to add any more? Then yes, a thousand times yes.
(Assuming you mean a normal Kindle, not one of those tablets)

wilflare

Do you read a lot of books? Are your walls covered in books and do you just not have enough space to add any more? Then yes, a thousand times yes.
(Assuming you mean a normal Kindle, not one of those tablets)

was thinking of the PaperWhite.
I'm running out of space at home to store... pretty much anything ><

I just want to read Game of Thrones lol

Garcia

Hey guys, I have a Bundle thirst that I'd like to quench. Which of the current bundles would you consider to be the best?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yeah I feel ya, I'm using the A700s (liked the slightly better bass at the time) but my ears ache for some open-air goodness. Great cans but it is time to step up. I had considered the DT990s but the look just doesn't do anything for me. Will be keeping an eye out for your thoughts if you decide to grab the Q-701.
DT990s have ridiculous bass. Shooters are a blast with those things.

def sim

I'm a Graphics Whore. so... is there?

Well, there's Black Mesa but that's incomplete IIRC. There's also an HD pack available, with the models from the Dreamcast version, but that's buggy last I heard. The Source version has improved textures and that's probably the best you're going to get.

Half-Life 2 still looks good.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I didn't expect Shelter to be such a depressing ride. I don't feel like playing Nurture mode but I read it
also ends in a sad fashion

All in all an interesting experience, but I'm glad I paid $1 since it's very short and with few tricks. Soundtrack and overall atmosphere were cool.

PSA: If anyone ends up with a Nuclear Throne or Luftrausers coupon and wants to donate it/get rid of it, I'd appreciate your charitable contribution. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sucks that Gabe didn't answer any Enhanced Steam-related questions during his AMA. Not that I expected him to
(but I still had my fingers crossed)
. Thanks everyone for your support.

Working on a pie chart that I thought you guys might find interesting.

50eeENR.jpg

Sucks that Gabe didn't answer any Enhanced Steam-related questions during his AMA. Not that I expected him to

50eeENR.jpg

I knew ES was a big success, but I wasn't expecting so many downloads! Congrats, it's well deserved.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I have no idea what I've done, I've talked this out with JaseC, but somehow my Steam account has become immune to VPN. No matter what I do, South Park refuses to unlock. The only thing I can think is its something up with the SubID (http://steamdb.info/sub/32186/) but nothing I can see there seems out of place.
Yeah, when I tried it earlier I had the same issue, VPN wouldn't change my region at all.

I'm curious as to whether anyone in Europe has been playing the game early. Someone on another forum I occasionally post on has said he's in Japan but has been playing the game thanks to a VPN.

Backlogger

I used to own a ton of books and when the Kindle first came out I was against getting one because of the price of the device and eBooks. I ended up getting a Kindle eventually because it was so cheap. Less than 50 bucks with ads. After my last move I decided having a ton of books was not for me and gave them away and sold them at used book stores.

I only buy eBooks from Amazon when they are on sale and generally new releases are priced usually priced okay compared to hard bound books. I use Calibre to manage my DRM free library.

Basically I will never buy a physical book again. So from that perspective, yes, get one.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

50eeENR.jpg
Well, the Chrome one is the one with the fastest (and auto) updates, so that makes sense!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Query: is it possible to own a second, uncensored copy of a game from another region? For example, if I had an AU copy of South Park registered to my account, am I able to have the US version gifted and thus own two copies: one censored, one not? Or does owning one copy lock you out of owning another copy?

My gut says the latter, as I seem to remember a similar issue with Left 4 Dead 2, wherein buying the AU version prevented you from being gifted the US version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Query: is it possible to own a second, uncensored copy of a game from another region? For example, if I had an AU copy of South Park registered to my account, am I able to have the US version gifted and thus own two copies: one censored, one not? Or does owning one copy lock you out of owning another copy?

My gut says the latter, as I seem to remember a similar issue with Left 4 Dead 2, wherein buying the AU version prevented you from being gifted the US version.
Brb reporting you to the Aussie Feds for trying to acquire vulgar and violent materials you can interact with.

dinopoke

50eeENR.jpg

Hey jshackles, just got around to running Enhanced Steam standalone today. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but I had a problem getting nginx to run. Running it in cmd would give the error "10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". Turns out Skype was already using port 80 but you could stop it using it by going to Advanced>Connections and unchecking the box. Once you do that, EHS runs perfect. Hopefully this may help those who might be in similar situations.

Saikyo

Wow steam scared me for a moment, got from 197 to 259 games but all the new game were free 2 play like if I installed them before...even region restricted ones like maple story (curious that I still have a us acc from a long time ago but cant play on steam...).

Good that a new patch is resolving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom