• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow steam scared me for a moment, got from 197 to 259 games but all the new game were free 2 play like if I installed them before...even region restricted ones like maple story (curious that I still have a us acc from a long time ago but cant play on steam...).

Good that a new patch is resolving this.

If you dont got it, go check the top left on steam and then check for updates.

Backlogger

Some of these Relics in Far Cry 3 are just stupid painful to get. 9 left until 100%

There was only one that I really disliked getting, but there were definitely a few annoying ones. The one I disliked was on the second island and you had to wing suit off a cliff near a town, pop your chute and turn around to land on a small out cropping. For some reason I kept barely missing it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, just got around to running Enhanced Steam standalone today. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but I had a problem getting nginx to run. Running it in cmd would give the error "10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". Turns out Skype was already using port 80 but you could stop it using it by going to Advanced>Connections and unchecking the box. Once you do that, EHS runs perfect. Hopefully this may help those who might be in similar situations.

Awesome, glad you got it working! I've been working on an updated version that will automatically detect if any of the ports Enhanced Steam needs are in use by other programs. Skype is popular one, as well as IIS which some OEMs leave on by default when they install Windows.

Let me know if you have any problems with it. :)

damn son. you are approaching jasec levels of feather chasing.

Hasn't been that bad until now, the game tells you where everything is. Most are fun. Some are not.

There was only one that I really disliked getting, but there were definitely a few annoying ones. The one I disliked was on the second island and you had to wing suit off a cliff near a town, pop your chute and turn around to land on a small out cropping. For some reason I kept barely missing it.

This is my current bane. So fucking stupid. I had it lined up once and ditched the glider .5 feet too early. Fell all the way down.

That one and the one that is basically on top of the earth are the two i'm putting off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Query: is it possible to own a second, uncensored copy of a game from another region? For example, if I had an AU copy of South Park registered to my account, am I able to have the US version gifted and thus own two copies: one censored, one not? Or does owning one copy lock you out of owning another copy?

My gut says the latter, as I seem to remember a similar issue with Left 4 Dead 2, wherein buying the AU version prevented you from being gifted the US version.

That depends on whether or not the two versions are distinct apps. In 99.99% of cases they aren't so if you had a censored version of, say, South Park, but desired the uncensored version instead, you'd first need to ask Valve to remove the former from your account.

Omega

Banned
Has anyone played Chuck's Challenge? If so, how the hell do you do the weekly challenge? I've never been so lost in my life

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That depends on whether or not the two versions are distinct apps. In 99.99% of cases they aren't so if you had a censored version of, say, South Park, but desired the uncensored version instead, you'd first need to ask Valve to remove the former from your account.

Fuck. Thanks.

Brb reporting you to the Aussie Feds for trying to acquire vulgar and violent materials you can interact with.

The AU version of the feds is probably a microbrewery.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Tomb Raider update: I'm getting near the end of the game (or at least I think I am, maybe not? I'm in a forest.) So far I've had 5 hard-lock the computer crashes while playing the game. This evening I decided to double back and get some GPS trinkets and stuff that I missed to scratch my bar-filling itch. Big mistake, because I was averaging a hard-lock every half hour or so doing that. *shakes head*

I'm not the only one it happened to:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/810920325488832270/

maneil99

Just going to toss this out there, Bravo Cases from CSGO are rising in prices, I invested 7$~ in and within a week I will make 10$ in revenue ( 3$ in profit ). Free money if you have extra wallet room. The crates are off the drop list forever so the amount out their will only go down.

Caerith

Fuck. Thanks.

The AU version of the feds is probably a microbrewery.
Regional censorship is really ridiculous. It's a shame there's no service like Steam Prime, where upon providing proof of being an adult you can select the region of your games, thereby allowing Germans access to history, Aussies access to small boobs, Americans access to nipples, and everyone else access to Sexy Beach 3.

One of the few games I Kickstarted is on Greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227008079

It's actually a set a seven NES inspired games, they've got everything in a single package now and ready for Steam.

Upvoted.

Regional censorship is really ridiculous. It's a shame there's no service like Steam Prime, where upon providing proof of being an adult you can select the region of your games, thereby allowing Germans access to history, Aussies access to small boobs, Americans access to nipples, and everyone else access to Sexy Beach 3.

Upvoted.

We as a species are not ready for true access to Sexy Beach 3.

Levyne

Banned
Tomb Raider update: I'm getting near the end of the game (or at least I think I am, maybe not? I'm in a forest.) So far I've had 5 hard-lock the computer crashes while playing the game. This evening I decided to double back and get some GPS trinkets and stuff that I missed to scratch my bar-filling itch. Big mistake, because I was averaging a hard-lock every half hour or so doing that. *shakes head*

Hmm, bizarre. I didn't have any issues with the game. Having a game crash often is always unpleasant :(

For some reason AoE2 just simply does not run on my desktop. It runs on the laptop fine, though, which is where I would probably play it anyways.

Hmm, bizarre. I didn't have any issues with the game. Having a game crash often is always unpleasant :(

For some reason AoE2 just simply does not run on my desktop. It runs on the laptop fine, though, which is where I would probably play it anyways.

Strange,what does it say when you try to run AoE2?

okayfrog

Banned

I really look forward to the day when AO games are allowed on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Honestly if it was just the game crashing I wouldn't care. It's that it locks up my computer. It's doubly annoying because I have all my ripped media on my desktop so each time it's happened someone has been watching TV and of course they need to stop doing so for a minute or whatever while the computer boots up again.

Edit: Used Steam to check for a driver update and I got this hilariously old page:
http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/M...ex.php?game=0&l=english&vendorid=0&deviceid=0
It's the old green design! How lovely!

Myshkin

And since I'm here...
Thanks for Journey Down ch.1!

Did anyone miss out on the Deadly Premonition bundle? Here's your chance
ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition bundle -- MB-36A0B38B3F8CF55C - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 32 entrants total.

t1394004383z1.png
includes...

Two Brothers, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Ravensword: Shadowlands, Gravity Badgers,
Ball Point Universe, Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut,
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage, Shadows: Price for Our Sins,
Velvet Assassin, Millenium - A New Hope (Desura), Laxius Force (Desura))

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure what I think about xenoblade

the game's kind of what I expected but at the same time I was hoping there was gonna be more xenosaga and xenogears in it

I'm just going to stick with it for a while and see if the story goes anywhere, although the side quest thing is pretty distracting and sometimes hard to ignore. I may be completing about half of them and just ignoring the rest, tho I like exploring the maps to the fullest, I find that to be the most enjoyable part about the game, just finding caves with special dudes and whatnot.

also aren't there mechas in this game? I could've sworn...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

the game's kind of what I expected but at the same time I was hoping there was gonna be more xenosaga and xenogears in it

I'm just going to stick with it for a while and see if the story goes anywhere, although the side quest thing is pretty distracting and sometimes hard to ignore. I may be completing about half of them and just ignoring the rest, tho I like exploring the maps to the fullest, I find that to be the most enjoyable part about the game, just finding caves with special dudes and whatnot.

You can get burned out on Xenoblade's sidequests very easily if you handle them all at once. Easily the worst part about the game.

If you're early in, the story does get better.

At the rate it's hard-locking, I'd just finish it up as fast as possible and ignore every collectible.

rtcn63

I'm just going to stick with it for a while and see if the story goes anywhere.

It does then it doesn't. I actually didn't finish the game, played 2/3rds or so, but I read the wiki, and like the story doesn't even attempt to make any sense at the end. It's typical JRPG bullshit-fed nothing.

FloatOn

Xenoblade is on steam. News at 11

zkylon

zkylewd
You can get burned out on Xenoblade's sidequests very easily if you handle them all at once. Easily the worst part about the game.

If you're early in, the story does get better.
yeah the sidequests are just like assassins creed bad, go kill 5 dudes here, 5 dudes there, but it's always the same. there's a couple quests that have a bit more story to them but unfortunately there's no way of telling which one you're gonna get

Xenoblade is on steam. News at 11
that's what being broke does to me, don't have the money to afford south park right now or the interest to play thief either :p

like if it bothers people I'll drop it but since people were happy with my xenosaga posts and I'm playing it on an emulator I figured it's fair game :p

Sajjaja

that's what being broke does to me, don't have the money to afford south park right now or the interest to play thief either :p

like if it bothers people I'll drop it but since people were happy with my xenosaga posts and I'm playing it on an emulator I figured it's fair game :p

Steam thread is also the PCMasterRace thread. All fair game.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe I'm late, but just got pushed an update that got rid of the f2p games, yay.

Nearing the end of guacamelee I think. I am enjoying it a bit, but I am glad that it seems to be brief (feels like I am reaching a climax after 4 hours)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Groupees has a bundle going on right now called the Shiny Loot 2 Bundle where you get keys to redeem on a turd website so you can get other keys to redeem on Desura and Steam *rolleyes* but besides this stupidity, I noticed that it includes Mark Leung Revenge of the Bitch, which was a game that got rejected from Steam like 3 years ago because of the profanity in the game's name, among other content-related reasons. Would be hilarious to see it show up now.

http://markleung.com/forum/so-how-successful-mlrotb

Earlier GAF discussion here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28908511&postcount=1442
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28908545&postcount=1444

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fortix 2 -- MB-08640C232E45D98E - Taken by DocSeuss. 2 entrants total.

this game rules it's dope as hell it's a qix clone

t1393998129z1.png

DocSeuss

Oh neat. I won Fortix 2.

Thanks, whoever you are, mysterious benefactor!

Currently at over 100 titles to give away. Still mostly on sabbatical. Just got my first short film shot today, so that was fun.

Life. Ugh. I need to not be at the end of my rope.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Groupees has a bundle going on right now called the Shiny Loot 2 Bundle where you get keys to redeem on a turd website so you can get other keys to redeem on Desura and Steam *rolleyes* but besides this stupidity, I noticed that it includes Mark Leung Revenge of the Bitch, which was a game that got rejected from Steam like 3 years ago because of the profanity in the game's name, among other content-related reasons. Would be hilarious to see it show up now.

http://markleung.com/forum/so-how-successful-mlrotb

Earlier GAF discussion here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28908511&postcount=1442
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28908545&postcount=1444

Crocobos

Cutscenes in the form of FMVs.

Kittens as common enemies.

Immature childish humor.

What is this magical game

Grief.exe

You have chosen poorly.gif

I love classic gaming, and older 3D games are best played on emulators on PC. So at the very least, I will always be interested.

Khronico

Hey, I enjoy reading your posts. Emulation talk is good fun.

It's weird. At first I dismissed South Park SOT as something I wasn't interested in, but now after watching gameplay, I actually think I would really like it. Never watched South Park but the game made me realize it's style of humor appeals to me.

Also it looks like a modern game I could actually run!

zychi

Banned
finally used in home streaming today. super cool.

only complaints:
id love to do it over the internet like ps4 to vita
i hate that the game takes up a screen on the streaming-out pc

zkylon

zkylewd
Prestige?
I was almost expecting a skill tree to show up :p

You have chosen poorly.gif
well I got it very cheap on that amd thing and it came with a couple other games so it was pretty worth it

I love classic gaming, and older 3D games are best played on emulators on PC. So at the very least, I will always be interested.
Hey, I enjoy reading your posts. Emulation talk is good fun.
thanks friends

Grief.exe

well I got it very cheap on that amd thing and it came with a couple other games so it was pretty worth it

Other than the previews, the first inkling of the game's low quality was Squares attempts to give it away for over a year.

You know when retailers are discounting a pre-order of a AAA game by >50%, then the publisher is pushing price protection hard.

DocSeuss

Quick question: MGR sold pretty well on PC, right? Do we have any sales figures/statements from Konam/guestimates? Working on something.

zkylon

zkylewd
Other than the previews, the first inkling of the game's low quality was Squares attempts to give it away for over a year.

You know when retailers are discounting a pre-order of a AAA game by >50%, then the publisher is pushing price protection hard.

yeah I was actually very curious about this game as it's rare for a game to have negative or undecided previews

that, it being cheap and coming with far cry blood dragon (which I didn't like but w/e) sold me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom