• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how thread titles on Neogaf have just jumped on the "only mention Sony and pretend other platforms don't exist" marketing bandwagon.

GAF has been pretty Sony oriented for the most part I've noticed. Xbox One has been treated as the lesser of the two solely based on hardware while Wii U is the abused step-child. PC gaming is just an anomaly to a lot of these people.

On the other hand, it may seem that it's almost matter of fact that it is going to come to PC. That particular trend I wouldn't mind continuing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Virtua Tennis 2009 is still sold on GamersGate even though it was pulled from Steam yonks ago. I think I'll ask Sega for a Steam key.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

JaseC

Squirt's Adventure is a word game designed to help children associate new words with letters of the Alphabet. Tag along with the cheerful pirates Squirt and Captain Dungee on their quest for treasure. Use your alphabet and vocabulary skills to help them find the golden loot.

40% off ($5.99) for the next week.

GAF has been pretty Sony oriented for the most part I've noticed. Xbox One has been treated as the lesser of the two solely based on hardware while Wii U is the abused step-child. PC gaming is just an anomaly to a lot of these people.

On the other hand, it may seem that it's almost matter of fact that it is going to come to PC. That particular trend I wouldn't mind continuing.

From what I read it was the opposite around 05-07. It all depends on messaging and support. Sony have been playing lots of gamers like a fiddle since the PS4 reveal. They played their cards right and had constant help from MS who went out of their way to trip at almost every step. I'd like to think if the roles were reversed the situation on GAF would change too.

So I'm trying to add funds to my steam wallet via CC but keep getting this error:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Tried to buy the game with my cc straight up, same error? any fixes? is this just steam being a bad little boy?

I hope my credit card isn't getting charged because I've tried like five times now /D

JaseC

Perfect, just bought from Nuuvem for the first time and it does indeed contain all the games (where is my GTA V??!! :p)

Cheers, I've removed the semblance of doubt from my post.

So I'm trying to add funds to my steam wallet via CC but keep getting this error:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Tried to buy the game with my cc straight up, same error? any fixes? is this just steam being a bad little boy?

Either there's a hold on your card or it's just One of Those Things(tm). If the latter is the case then the issue will fix itself after about half an hour or so.

Cheers, I've removed the semblance of doubt from my post.

Either there's a hold on your card or it's just One of Those Things(tm). If the latter is the case the issue will fix itself after about half an hour or so.

No hold on the card since I just bought the humble weekly without issues. Guess I'll wait half an hour :(

Darkroronoa

I hope my credit card isn't getting charged because I've tried like five times now /D

I have problem buying from steam with steam money for a few hours,but i did not try to add funds.
I get the same error message.

Enectic

Banned
I don't think they understand how this thing works. I fail to see how this will work. You're basically paying $15 a month to stream your games to a tablet or something.

what?

I don't think any did.

You can stream CloudLift compatible games on any device that has the OnLive client (OnLive Gaming Console, OnLive Android client, OnLive PC client, and OnLive Mac client). This is more geared towards people who don't necessarily have a great PC.

yeah, why not just use In-home streaming?

If you don't have the hardware that can run said game then in-home streaming is not really an option.

You can stream CloudLift compatible games on any device that has the OnLive client (OnLive Gaming Console, OnLive Android client, OnLive PC client, and OnLive Mac client). This is more geared towards people who don't necessarily have a great PC.

I imagine that latency is going to be pretty rough for this. Is it worth it to stream Saints Row 4 @ 15 fps for $15 a month? I don't think so.

I get what their trying to do, but I think the emphasis is on trying

Anyone else getting this:

I've been getting it for the past hour or so.

Anyone else getting this:

I've been getting it for the past hour or so.

Yes, have been getting nothing but that from the client for the last hour and a half. I have a solution though, use a browser. I got my transactions to go through just fine in firefox. On that note any way to cheat the region timed release thing. Having to wait two more days for south park is going to be killing me.

Enectic

Banned
I imagine that latency is going to be pretty rough for this. Is it worth it to stream Saints Row 4 @ 15 fps for $15 a month? I don't think so.

I get what their trying to do, but I think the emphasis is on trying

From my personal experience the latency seemed fine to me. You can check out me playing MK and Batman: Arkham Origins here (starting around 3 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbShQbdMA0

Bandicam records at 30FPS but the games actually ran consistently at 60FPS. It's also $14.99 for all games you sync and not $14.99 per game you sync. I'm sure once the supported list gets larger then the value will definitely grow.

Anteater

so i registered on nuuvem with the help of google translate

why is it telling me to download dragonballs

GtSLi8g.jpg

Leftovers, Steam keys, enjoy :).

ModBot said:
Instructions for scorpscarx:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic Generations -- MB-7536309DEBD4BAF1 - Taken by VikasNarula
Sonic the Hedgehog -- MB-54B3DF045F7DBF67 - Taken by JPizzle84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom