• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftovers, Steam keys, enjoy :).
right on time.. Sonic Boom
Guile's_Sonic_Boom.gif

Thanks alot

kms_md

for anyone having trouble purchasing right now, i did some sleuthing (on reddit and on the steam discussion forums). it seems that this is a widespread issue that has been occurring for the past ~8 hours.

Tizoc

Hmm I have a code for War of the Human Tanks & One for Cherry Tree on Steam, but I don't know if it was redeemed >_<
Try your luck if you want, just quote this post:

THESE Desura keys on the other hand I am 90% sure have not been used, so hopefully they're still active >_>;
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Ether Vapor Remaster Desura Key -- MB-C5E25BBF3B3279BC - Taken by ChiefofCitadelSecurity
ulgzbKC.png
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Desura Key -- MB-298E53EB80A540D5 - Taken by VikasNarula
ulgzbKC.png
Satazius Desura Key -- MB-E98E754771A4A995 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
ulgzbKC.png
War of the Human Tanks Desura Key -- MB-6A389685DE98C957 - Taken by wazoo

Parsnip

Too lazy to modbot one key, so here's a key for The 39 Steps.

9?E9Q-BC8YP-R0PKB

The question mark is the first letter of my username. :p

Were those "leaked" screenshots of L4D2 for Source 2 confirmed? If so, I don't see why they wouldn't port the other three games, seeing as they are all more popular than L4D2.

Also, I wonder why Hocking left?

Maybe he wasn't built for the flat structure.

Hmm I have a code for War of the Human Tanks & One for Cherry Tree on Steam, but I don't know if it was redeemed >_<
Try your luck if you want, just quote this post:

THESE Desura keys on the other hand I am 90% sure have not been used, so hopefully they're still active >_>;

Thanks!

Finished the FarCry3 story yesterday. I was hoping for more of a shit show.
Was really hoping for some sort of Shyamalan-like plot twist give all the trippy dream sequences. Especially the 'boss' sequences kind of seemed like they weren't based in reality. I feel like it could've tried to be a little more. Finished and it was basically, "oh, it's exactly what it looks like".

It really was a blast to play through. Platforming ranged from average to really good. Gun play was solid, even if Snipers are god-tier as they mostly are. (I don't think I entered one base without sniping everyone first). Wish they would've spaced out the upgrades a bit. About halfway through the first island I had all the unlocked skills and 90% of the inventory upgraded. Thank god for unlocking new weapons on the 2nd island otherwise it really would've gotten boring.

Sitting at 97% right now and should finish it up today.

for anyone having trouble purchasing right now, i did some sleuthing (on reddit and on the steam discussion forums). it seems that this is a widespread issue that has been occurring for the past ~8 hours.

you are braver than most. Glad you made it back in one piece.

Grief.exe

Feeling really good for this engineering exam I have this evening. Have about 5 more hours to just review problems, then take the test.

After that, RE4/South Park/Year Walk until next week when I have another test. I'm so excited to get out this test tonight and finish up RE4.

FloatOn

I'm halfway through Anor Londo on NG+ with my sorcerer. This is my first NG+ run and despite the enemies having more health and doing more damage, this run is actually going much faster than I thought it would.

I should get around to Demons Souls before Dark Souls 2 hits at some point but Dark Souls 1 is a helluva drug.

natertots

Question. Did anyone buy any games during the 2k sale at Gamefly last week? If so did you receive your free Spec Ops key yet? Thanks in advance.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Question. Did anyone buy any games during the 2k sale at Gamefly last week? If so did you receive your free Spec Ops key yet? Thanks in advance.

I bought Mafia II and the the old XCOM games and didn't receive my key yet. They said that they're gonna email them in around 10 days after the sale ends so no reason to worry yet

Feeling really good for this engineering exam I have this evening. Have about 5 more hours to just review problems, then take the test.

After that, RE4/South Park/Year Walk until next week when I have another test. I'm so excited to get out this test tonight and finish up RE4.

What subject? Studying is overrated.

That is false. Good luck

I'm halfway through Anor Londo on NG+ with my sorcerer. This is my first NG+ run and despite the enemies having more health and doing more damage, this run is actually going much faster than I thought it would.

I should get around to Demons Souls before Dark Souls 2 hits at some point but Dark Souls 1 is a helluva drug.

Knowing boss tricks, weapon movesets and general mechanics goes a long way toward keeping the NG+ constantly moving and fluid.

As for Demon's, I could see that one being great for a long while, especially since there are certain mechanics that weren't repeated in Dark Souls and don't appear to be anywhere in DS2. You should get around to it, if at all possible. It's worth it for Maiden Astrea alone. Possibly the best encounter I've ever experienced in any game.

The Souls games are really the stuff HNNNNGs are made of.

def sim

I'm sure you have RE4 in the bag, so good luck on your test grief.

I'm playing it now and the slowdown and loading times really take away from the experience. It doesn't help that the environments aren't as varied or interesting as Dark.

JustinBB7

Any more news on Dark Souls going steamworks? I just started a new playthrough recently but I'd rather wait and get achievements when they come out. But I'm pretty bored so don't want to wait too long haha.

I checked Steam database but nothing new happened since the change.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And Bioshock Infinite from Newegg for 9.99? Today is a good day. Now I just need to finish this dang paper I have to write so I can get back to Sleepy Dogs.

It's a tad cheaper on Nuuvem but I'm guessing you've already bought it.

Any more news on Dark Souls going steamworks? I just started a new playthrough recently but I'd rather wait and get achievements when they come out. But I'm pretty bored so don't want to wait too long haha.

You've answered your own question.

Nabs

Just play it now and replay it months later when they finally implement proper Steamworks.

It's a tad cheaper on Nuuvem but I'm guessing you've already bought it.
Eh, I'm not too comfortable buying from sites that are in languages I can't read.
Ah jeez, if I'd known I'd totally have finally bothered to buy from Nuuvem.
It's only a buck and change difference though, I can manage.

def sim

Finished the FarCry3 story yesterday.

Gun play was solid, even if Snipers are god-tier as they mostly are.

Yeah, I played the "Find a neighboring hill and snipe everyone in the outputs" game until I got the Signature Shotgun, then I decided i'd have more fun going into outposts on foot, stealth-takedowning as many people as possible, and then using the Sig Shotty when I messed up...

... and then i'd start making random 'games' for myself. "Can I do an air takedown from a hang-glider?" etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom