• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Alright smarter-than-me Steam people, how come when I go to see the details of various updates, I usually only see older stories, etc. about said title? For example, the update that I just downloaded for South Park (88.9 MB) doesn't say what the hell it is when I click on on 'view news' over to the right. Where do I find this info cause I know I'm missing something?

r3n4ud

NzpkY29.png

believe it

Man, you used to be so cool...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Alright smarter-than-me Steam people, how come when I go to see the details of various updates, I usually only see older stories, etc. about said title? For example, the update that I just downloaded for South Park (88.9 MB) doesn't say what the hell it is when I click on on 'view news' over to the right. Where do I find this info cause I know I'm missing something?

bc devs are lazy. You can usually find info on said game's steam forum page.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I never got upset when people came back to the store to exchange a wide screen DVD for the full screen version, so I'm not going to start getting upset over this either.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Deadly Premonition deciding to crash at this shittastic Lumber Mill area before I could get to the next phone to save and making me go all the way back to the elevator, uuuuugh. Are the other combat sections in the game as long as this one?

3DS is an incredible device with a great library but I wish the screen resolution wasn't so abysmal. Going from playing on the Vita to playing on the 3DS always has been briefly annoyed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question, is there any reason why my buy/sell buttons in the inventory and market place are grey'd out? The pop-up said to either enable cookies (which are enabled) or log out and log back in again (which I have). I've never used the market place before so I dunno what the problem is

Levyne

Banned
3DS is an incredible device with a great library but I wish the screen resolution wasn't so abysmal. Going from playing on the Vita to playing on the 3DS always has been briefly annoyed.

Yeah, I agree. The games are pretty great, but just wish it was a little nicer looking, or that more games used artsy sprites rather than iffy 3d models :/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just heard about this, probably old. But I dunno if I like the idea of devs being able to switch from a full release to a beta/Early Access release.

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2014/0...s-way-steam-early-access-and-that’s-worrisome

BlackSoul: Extended Edition is available on Steam. At first it was labeled as a complete game, but now it’s made the jump – retroactively – to Early Access. What happened?

According to the developer, as well as the Steam community, the game was released in a rather dire state.

The developer stated in an email that “we are receiving a lot of feedback and we found the game still need some more work to make it more enjoyable, so our decision is to keep supporting it with further updates...”

The email was apparently sent to multiple publications that received review codes for the game. It goes on to say the game “might also switch to Early Access,” although it seems they chose to do so rather quickly, as the game is now listed as such on Steam.

More at the link.

I mean, I guess it's good that the dev acknowledges that the game is in an unfinished state. At the same time, how could they not have known that?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is Agreus the last stealth segment in Castlavania los2? I didn't even bother trying it on my own after getting irritated with the first couple and just youtubed the ideal route to take. What awful segments to include in an action game though.

Deadly Premonition deciding to crash at this shittastic Lumber Mill area before I could get to the next phone to save and making me go all the way back to the elevator, uuuuugh. Are the other combat sections in the game as long as this one?
Some are, some are not. Combat rules in DP anyway so there's that too.

Levyne

Banned
Is Agreus the last stealth segment in Castlavania los2? I didn't even bother trying it on my own after getting irritated with the first couple and just youtubed the ideal route to take. What awful segments to include in an action game though.

There's at least one more I can think of. It's one where you basically have to (power usage spoiler)
mist through a guard

Yeah, they are terrible segments, and it's not really about skill, just knowing which power they intended for you to use. It's really apparent on a second playthrough when the sections take 5 seconds each. It's not about timing or being careful, just about which power the devs intended for you to use at the time, trial and error. Bleh. Though no stealth at all would have been preferable.

Just a heads up for those interested.

Blast Em! price was lowered to $2.99 and seems like a fun little game. It was originally $9.99 but the price drop is in effect as of today.

DocSeuss

Are you seriously doing what you alluded to a month or so ago and saving up bundle titles to reclaim the "record"? ;)

Nah. Life actually got really bad for me (someone died, couldn't go to the funeral, just had my hours cut significantly at work and am looking for another job, etc), so I decided to step away and wait til I had 100. Then I hit 100 faster than I meant.

I still want to be away for the most part, working on RL stuff. So now I'm just kinda accruing them.

I don't think I can provide you a run for your money. I'll be happy nabbing second place here in a bit.

Garcia

I'm halfway through Anor Londo on NG+ with my sorcerer. This is my first NG+ run and despite the enemies having more health and doing more damage, this run is actually going much faster than I thought it would.

I should get around to Demons Souls before Dark Souls 2 hits at some point but Dark Souls 1 is a helluva drug.

Even when the 2nd. run flows faster, the fact that you lose all the embers, your ability to warp between locations until you acquire the Lord Vessel once more and no item farming multipliers (2x or more) turn it into a complete bore.

At least that's the way it feels to me. I didn't find any motivation to go on my NG+ run. It was pure tedium.

aku:jiki

Ooh, I won Ether Vapor. Thanks RuinKaos. Now I just need to stop playing stupid Hero Siege - the game is so crap but I can't stop playing it - and get on EV and Fortix.

Having just finished Breaking Bad I can now join everyone dreading the day TellTale somehow gets their hands on that license.
That joke doesn't even make any sort of sense!

Relax.MX

I just finished Dishonored + DLC, the base game 2 times on hard, one on no-kill, no-alerts, no skills and the second one was a bloodbath. The DLC was only one on hard and no kills and no alerts. Was 29 hrs(some idle time) and 46/80 on achivement (57%).

It was a rewarding and fun game, much better in the ¨without deaths¨ runs. Is not really hard to achieve because the power of wink is way too powerful, the kill everything run was fun but it was just overpowered and lose essence of the game. The story was okay, nothing great but fulfilled with twists in the story(predictible but still), give a reason for revenge and a goal. But what I really liked was the world in general, a world who suffer the plague, a sick and degenerate oligarchic class, the great atmosphere, and character design.

I'm not a person who would attract a lot for the DLC, unlike always end up playing more by duty than by choice, because I feel is just soulless content, these are good, follow the same path but with a different atmosphere extending this world.

I know this more than a current recommendation is a LTTP, but still buy it and/or play it.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Diehard Dungeon -- MB-7F1255A2D7DC1EDF - Taken by dot. 27 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-ECE87B1CC7F918EF - Taken by Newblade. 26 entrants total.
Hexcells -- MB-FE535017A2E225F1 - Taken by tylergregg. 14 entrants total.

t1394066036z1.png

Have fun, guys, spares from IR bundles.

Salsa

I mean, I'm still debating it

it just seems more fitted to a handheld. the graphics will be the same and the 3d effect could be nice. it's also gonna be cheaper on Steam way sooner if I want to double dip.

only advantage I see on Steam atm is achievements and meh

I'm being logical here you bastards

zkylon

zkylewd

it just seems more fitted to a handheld. the graphics will be the same and the 3d effect could be nice. it's also gonna be cheaper on Steam way sooner if I want to double dip.

well you already soiled your pc reputation so...

also what are you doing buying 3ds gamez

u o me moneyz for mgr yo

no.
playing anything multiplatform on 3DS by choice is ILLOGICAL.
unless it's your only handheld and you want portability... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom