• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

So, after one of the longest work day ever (more like 3 jobs crammed together in the same 12+ hours), I open the thread, read this post and somehow I think about woo and indeed hoo.

Hmm, I don't even want to know what you two have been talking about but at least you were thinking about someone with a big heart who is also an amazing, kind person and a great GAFfer too.

Also, I had a very tiresome day too, so I can relate. Phew, and it's almost Thursday.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, I'm still debating it

it just seems more fitted to a handheld. the graphics will be the same and the 3d effect could be nice. it's also gonna be cheaper on Steam way sooner if I want to double dip.

only advantage I see on Steam atm is achievements and meh

I'm being logical here you bastards

Go for it!

image.php

oh hell no

thought I managed to erase this from my memory

Garcia

One Way Heroics feels like an epic adventure once you finally start your first run on Normal (Afternoon Stroll). Taking care of your equipment is vital and once you start to expand your equipment load you can think of many strategies in order to cope with overpowered enemies.

It just keeps getting better and better.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wonderful, much appreciated.

But no GTA collection is complete without London 1969. Oh, how nostalgic I get for that one.
I'd still love to play Vice City Stories. It's a shame it never came to PC. Not interested in Liberty City Stories, since I never played GTA 3.

Wok

Just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead Season 2 my good people.

It felt a bit short to me but I found it more intense than the second episode of The Wolf Among Us. [...] Some parts of the writing in this episode felt a bit.. off. It just didn't made much sense but either way it was a really good episode. I would say it was shorter but that's the point: when you are so focused on the story you don't want your game to end so until episode 3 is out I'll wait. :)

This episode was so intense.

Wok

Glad you had the time to play it shortly after it was released and great to know you liked it. Can't wait for the Episode 3 now, that ending was... something!

This episode is at close to the same level, in terms of quality, as the best episodes' of the first season.

By the way, thanks for the gift, Knurek!

Coreda

Out of curiosity why are SteamGAF threads kept in Gaming rather than community? They certainly have the posts for it.

Is it because the mods feel the Steam sales are more relevant to the general gaming side? Not that I care, just never thought about it before.

Wok

Out of curiosity why are SteamGAF threads kept in Gaming rather than community? They certainly have the posts for it.

Is it because the mods feel the Steam sales are more relevant to the general gaming side? Not that I care, just never thought about it before.

We also regularly have serious posts about releases, leaks, discounts, etc. It is not just the Steam thread, it is the "Steam Annoucements & Updates" thread.

Does GMG credit from Playfire Rewards not stack with discount coupons? Paypal seems to think it's covering my order and not my account credit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

All of the digital platform threads are in Gaming because all of them have ongoing events and releases.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, GAF is pretty consistent here: the Origin thread is in Gaming, as are the uPlay, Capsule, Gamefly, GameSpy, GameTap, and GameStop Digital Downloads threads.

It's a regular rainbow coalition of platforms here.

Turfster

Yeah, GAF is pretty consistent here: the Origin thread is in Gaming, as are the uPlay, Capsule, Gamefly, GameSpy, GameTap, and GameStop Digital Downloads threads.

It's a regular rainbow coalition of platforms here.

Hey, we bitch about most of those in here all the time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I never even heard of Capsule before. Guess that shows just how much I actually pay attention to greenman gaming for anything not Steam key relate.

For these threads though, it really is good that they are in Gaming. The iOS thread for example I just got done browsing and added dozens of games to try and download due to recommendations or sales because of it that I would have missed if it was a Off-Topic or Community thread.
Meanwhile a good community thread for iOS devices exists for whenever I need to find out about something related to hardware and not anything gaming related. Tis a good balance to keep the two separate and where they are.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
http://www.dailyindiegame.com/ has a sale on Hacker Evolution: Untold currently, redeemable on Steam. Pay as much as you want starting at $0.99 USD or try your luck on a waiting list where when one unit is sold the next person on the list gets a copy free.

Later games to be added though three are only listed currently.
Hacker Evolution Duality March 6
Fleet Buster March 8
Little Racers STREET March 10

One of them is Desura redeemable.

radMonkey

Does GMG credit from Playfire Rewards not stack with discount coupons? Paypal seems to think it's covering my order and not my account credit.

I'd have to look at the backend to be 100% certain, but as far as I know there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use any credit in conjunction with coupons. Feel free to contact CS if you're having issues.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So did anyone ever get around to trying The Yawhg? The current sale ends in 16 hours, and I'm still on the fence, leaning towards waiting for a better sale.

Backlogger

http://www.dailyindiegame.com/ has a sale on Hacker Evolution: Untold currently, redeemable on Steam. Pay as much as you want starting at $0.99 USD or try your luck on a waiting list where when one unit is sold the next person on the list gets a copy free.

Later games to be added though three are only listed currently.
Hacker Evolution Duality March 6
Fleet Buster March 8
Little Racers STREET March 10

One of them is Desura redeemable.

I'm #726 in line. Not really into these games so don't care if I don't get one. I'm sure it will end up in some other bundle in the next 6-12 months anyway

Cth

There's a huge sale going on at Nuuvem at the moment. I was going to make a list but the discounts on many non-featured items end at various times so just poke through the pile.

Edit: GTA Complete is 80% off (~$6.41). The pack is the only way to get Steam versions of GTA and GTA 2.

Argh, I just want the first two games :D

No luck getting google translate to work with the site. Any chance there's an English front page link?

I'd have to look at the backend to be 100% certain, but as far as I know there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use any credit in conjunction with coupons. Feel free to contact CS if you're having issues.

Considering I just went through the purchase without it using my credit at all I will definitely do that.

i've been trying buy strider for the last 40 min and i can't do it because when i get to the page where you click buy game for yourself or gift, it just keeps loading and i can't get to the next screen. never had that happen before. the rest of steam works as it should. this is so stupid

edit: was my isp dns being a pos

Just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead Season 2 my good people.

It felt a bit short to me but I found it more intense than the second episode of The Wolf Among Us. It's hard to say something without spoilers, there was "someone" from the 400 Days DLC and someone you might expect (or not) from Season 1. Some parts of the writing in this episode felt a bit.. off. It just didn't made much sense but either way it was a really good episode. I would say it was shorter but that's the point: when you are so focused on the story you don't want your game to end so until episode 3 is out I'll wait. :)
100% recommended, interesting, gonna pick this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom